Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Joe Biden Says ‘No Room For Compromise’ On Transgender Issues
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Joe Biden Says ‘No Room For Compromise’ On Transgender Issues
Quote:Former Vice President Joe Biden said Saturday that “there is no room for compromise” on transgender issues, which he called the “civil rights issue of our time.”

Biden has previously said that passing the Equality Act, a Democratic-supported bill that would require schools to include biological males who identify as transgender on girls’ sports teams, would be his top legislative priority.

“Let’s be clear: Transgender equality is the civil rights issue of our time. There is no room for compromise when it comes to basic human rights,” the Democratic presidential candidate wrote in a tweet Saturday.

Although Biden didn’t mention Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders in his tweet, the statement came as Sanders, also a 2020 Democrat, has faced outrage from left-wingers for touting an endorsement from popular podcast host Joe Rogan.

Rogan, also a comedian and UFC color commentator, has been outspoken against forcing female athletes to compete against biological males.

Biologically male athletes who identify as transgender have racked up accomplishments in female athletics.

Two biologically male runners in Connecticut have dominated girls’ high school track in the liberal state, which allows athletes to compete as the gender with which they identify.

Franklin Pierce University runner CeCe Telfer, a biological male who identifies as a transgender woman, won an NCAA DII national championship in women’s track and field in May 2019. Telfer previously competed on the university’s men’s team.

A biologically male runner at the University of Montana was named the Big Sky Conference’s cross-country female athlete of the week in October 2019.

Also in October, biologically male cyclist Rachel McKinnon won a women’s world championship and set a world record at the 2019 Masters Track Cycling World Championships in Manchester, England.

Link

Sleepy Joe keeping up the Attack on Women, the Dems are famous for!
01-26-2020 07:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Native Georgian Online
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
RE: Joe Biden Says ‘No Room For Compromise’ On Transgender Issues
Bernie Sanders: emerging as the conservative candidate in the Dem. primaries!
01-26-2020 07:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(01-26-2020 07:33 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Bernie Sanders: emerging as the conservative candidate in the Dem. primaries!

That is surprising as heck. Who woulda thunkit. LOL
01-26-2020 07:47 PM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
They have no issue. This is really, really reaching.
01-26-2020 07:50 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
[Image: south-park-trans-athlete-big-e1573760216986.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2020 07:55 PM by TigerBlue4Ever.)
01-26-2020 07:51 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(01-26-2020 07:51 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  [Image: south-park-trans-athlete-big-e1573760216986.jpg]

SP nails it again. Thank God this avenue for cutting through the BS still exists.
01-26-2020 08:40 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
I support trans-gendered people, but this is a very real issue for women that needs to be addressed. It's the unintended consequences of this sort of issue

BTW, although I'm overweight, I identify as being more slim.

I'm Trans-Slendered
01-26-2020 08:52 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(01-26-2020 08:52 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  I support trans-gendered people, but this is a very real issue for women that needs to be addressed. It's the unintended consequences of this sort of issue

BTW, although I'm overweight, I identify as being more slim.

I'm Trans-Slendered

Rogan is 1000% correct on this issue. Simply by bone structure alone, there is no way a man should be competing against a woman in any combat or endurance sport. Sports like Darts..billiards..archery..shooting sports..automobile racing..and some winter sports like luge, bobsled or figure skating..maybe tennis and golf.. I could see as a fair contest. The size of bone structure can not be reduced. Muscle size can be reduced with hormones..but..the mechanical advantage of bone structure and height can not be reduced. Combine that advantage with training and you have an athlete that is far superior to almost every female challenger. The whole idea is totally silly.
01-26-2020 09:11 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I have felt for some time that the best way to resolve this is to have two competitions--open (open to all) and women's (restricted to genetic girls).

You're a girl who can compete with the guys? You go, girl.
You're a guy who can't? Sucks to be you.
01-27-2020 02:22 AM
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Y'all ever found it weird that every time human remains are discovered and analyzed, its either a male or female and not one of the 942 other genders? Just seems odd to me that its only 1 of the 2.
01-27-2020 08:38 AM
Native Georgian Online
Legend

(01-27-2020 02:22 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I have felt for some time that the best way to resolve this is to have two competitions--open (open to all) and women's (restricted to genetic girls).

Why not one competition exclusive to biological males, and one competition exclusive to biological females?
01-27-2020 09:56 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(01-27-2020 09:56 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(01-27-2020 02:22 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I have felt for some time that the best way to resolve this is to have two competitions--open (open to all) and women's (restricted to genetic girls).
Why not one competition exclusive to biological males, and one competition exclusive to biological females?

Because if a girl can compete with boys, I think she should be allowed to do so. My view may be somewhat colored because I had a step-granddaughter who played football for two years, but I held that view long before then. As I said:

01-27-2020 01:11 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(01-27-2020 01:11 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Because if a girl can compete with boys, I think she should be allowed to do so. My view may be somewhat colored because I had a step-granddaughter who played football for two years, but I held that view long before then. As I said:

I was on the highschool wrestling team. I would not have wrestled a girl.

That possibility should never arise, in my opinion.
01-27-2020 01:16 PM
Advertisement

GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
(01-27-2020 08:38 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Y'all ever found it weird that every time human remains are discovered and analyzed, its either a male or female and not one of the 942 other genders? Just seems odd to me that its only 1 of the 2.

Guess they weren't "woke"

Ooops! Guns can be useful when there's Zombies.
01-27-2020 01:22 PM
Native Georgian Online
Legend

(01-27-2020 09:56 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Why not one competition exclusive to biological males, and one competition exclusive to biological females?
Because if a girl can compete with boys, I think she should be allowed to do so.

That’s very disappointing, Owl. Your reasoning is usually much more persuasive.

Possibly in non-contact sports like golf or tennis or bowling, I suppose there may be little or no harm. But in sports where the risk of 1:1 physical collision is (intentionally) part of the game? No, it’s a terrible idea. It’s honestly incredible to me that our society has gotten so sick and confused that we are having to deal with this.
01-27-2020 01:29 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(01-27-2020 01:16 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  

I wrestled growing up through high school, my youngest wrestles as well now (age 7). Its a Catch-22. If you beat the girl you are a bully, if you loose you are mocked by your teammates.

I never had to wrestle a female, my son wrestled his first girl last month in a tournament-- he told me before the match he did not want to wrestle her. I told him he had to do it-- he beat her handily, even made her cry at the end.

He was so upset afterward. Her crying was really the tipping point. Boys should not be put in this position.
01-27-2020 01:36 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(01-27-2020 01:36 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

I wrestled growing up through high school, my youngest wrestles as well now (age 7). Its a Catch-22. If you beat the girl you are a bully, if you loose you are mocked by your teammates.

I never had to wrestle a female, my son wrestled his first girl last month in a tournament-- he told me before the match he did not want to wrestle her. I told him he had to do it-- he beat her handily, even made her cry at the end.

He was so upset afterward. Her crying was really the tipping point. Boys should not be put in this position.

That's exactly what I mean.

Those who demand we accept this are saying our views do not matter.

They have decided they have the moral high ground and that our morality is warped.

So, these types of issues come down to whose morality is the correct morality?
01-27-2020 01:44 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(01-27-2020 01:36 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

That's true even at that age and up to about 13 where the differences are not so pronounced.
01-27-2020 04:14 PM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO

I'm on board with this idea.
01-27-2020 05:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.