Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Maxine Waters: There May Be More ‘Impeachment Activity’ Later This Year
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Maxine Waters: There May Be More ‘Impeachment Activity’ Later This Year
She hasn’t even gotten the information so she doesn’t even know what it’ll say, but she’s already talking impeachment.

Quote:Rep. Maxine Waters (D., Calif.) said Sunday that Democrats "will not stop" on impeachment and added that there may be more "impeachment activity" in the near future.

"The subpoenas that I have issued that have gone through the lower courts are now going to be heard at the Supreme Court in March," Waters said during an appearance on MSNBC. "We will not stop. Whether or not that leads to another impeachment activity, I don't know."

Waters, who serves as chairwoman of the Financial Services Committee, has subpoenaed Deutsche Bank for President Donald Trump's personal and professional financial records. She suspects these documents will point toward illicit behavior on the part of the president.

Waters is not the first Democrat to suggest Congress might impeach Trump again. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) left open the possibility of new articles of impeachment against Trump. Rep. Al Green (D., Texas) has pushed for Democrats to reimpeach Trump if the Senate trial does not remove him. Last month, Rep. Karen Bass (D., Calif.) said Democrats would continue to push for impeachment if Trump is reelected in 2020. House Counsel Douglas Letter said that a second impeachment of Trump could be necessary if new evidence comes to light about the president's conduct.

Waters in October tweeted that Trump should be "imprisoned & placed in solitary confinement" because "impeachment is not good enough for Trump." She later claimed she was not speaking literally.

The Senate's impeachment trial of Trump is expected to get underway this week. Senate Democrats expressed concern that an acquittal of Trump could embolden the president.

Link

She is mad 'cuz Botox Nan didn't give her one of the souvenir impeachment pens.

[Image: 8a8db19c8812dda7425351027da6a5c969df77f2...&h]
01-20-2020 01:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Maxine Waters: There May Be More ‘Impeachment Activity’ Later This Year
Oh, I guarantee when Trump wins reelection that there will be at least one more attempt at impeachment.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2020 01:27 PM by ETSUfan1.)
01-20-2020 01:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Maxine Waters: There May Be More ‘Impeachment Activity’ Later This Year
Well if the Republicans win the House back, they should impeach Pelosi and Schiff.
01-20-2020 01:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(01-20-2020 01:36 PM)bullet Wrote:  Well if the Republicans win the House back, they should impeach Pelosi and Schiff.

You can't impeach congress critters. But you can punish them in other ways, including expelling them IIRC. Not sure expulsion is fully warranted in either case, and given their districts, they'd just be replaced by somebody as bad or worse.
01-20-2020 01:38 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(01-20-2020 01:38 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(01-20-2020 01:36 PM)bullet Wrote:  Well if the Republicans win the House back, they should impeach Pelosi and Schiff.

You can't impeach congress critters. But you can punish them in other ways, including expelling them IIRC. Not sure expulsion is fully warranted in either case, and given their districts, they'd just be replaced by somebody as bad or worse.

Doesnt matter. Whoever replaces them will at least be aware that they can be removed if they go too far. Self preservation will cause some moderation of behavior of the new guy as those kind of worthless politicians do like hanging on to power more than most anything else in life.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2020 02:24 PM by Attackcoog.)
01-20-2020 02:23 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Deyz gonna En-Peach-em to def!
01-20-2020 02:40 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-20-2020 02:40 PM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  Deyz gonna En-Peach-em to def!

w/o a 'plum' for 'sweetness', yeah....
01-20-2020 03:22 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
These effers will do anything to avoid doing the actual work for which they were elected. It's beyong pathetic. What have they done since Trump? Anything noteworthy at all? Anyone care to take a stab at it? And by anyone of course I mean any of our resident leftist loons...
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2020 07:55 PM by TigerBlue4Ever.)
01-20-2020 07:49 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(01-20-2020 01:04 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  She hasn’t even gotten the information so she doesn’t even know what it’ll say, but she’s already talking impeachment.

Quote:Rep. Maxine Waters (D., Calif.) said Sunday that Democrats "will not stop" on impeachment and added that there may be more "impeachment activity" in the near future.

"The subpoenas that I have issued that have gone through the lower courts are now going to be heard at the Supreme Court in March," Waters said during an appearance on MSNBC. "We will not stop. Whether or not that leads to another impeachment activity, I don't know."

Waters, who serves as chairwoman of the Financial Services Committee, has subpoenaed Deutsche Bank for President Donald Trump's personal and professional financial records. She suspects these documents will point toward illicit behavior on the part of the president.

Waters is not the first Democrat to suggest Congress might impeach Trump again. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) left open the possibility of new articles of impeachment against Trump. Rep. Al Green (D., Texas) has pushed for Democrats to reimpeach Trump if the Senate trial does not remove him. Last month, Rep. Karen Bass (D., Calif.) said Democrats would continue to push for impeachment if Trump is reelected in 2020. House Counsel Douglas Letter said that a second impeachment of Trump could be necessary if new evidence comes to light about the president's conduct.

Waters in October tweeted that Trump should be "imprisoned & placed in solitary confinement" because "impeachment is not good enough for Trump." She later claimed she was not speaking literally.

The Senate's impeachment trial of Trump is expected to get underway this week. Senate Democrats expressed concern that an acquittal of Trump could embolden the president.

Link

She is mad 'cuz Botox Nan didn't give her one of the souvenir impeachment pens.

[Image: 8a8db19c8812dda7425351027da6a5c969df77f2...&h]

She's an old woman, (notice I didn't say lady) and may even be ousted from office for being stupid or just that they get tired of her.
01-20-2020 07:53 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC

You could censure them for wasting the time of the House with needless bills and proposals.
01-20-2020 07:57 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(01-20-2020 07:57 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

You could censure them for wasting the time of the House with needless bills and proposals.

Abuse of power, leaking confidential information, lying in committee reports.
01-20-2020 08:21 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(01-20-2020 08:21 PM)bullet Wrote:  

The first and last are legal issues. The second may be, but could also result in censure.
01-20-2020 08:23 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-20-2020 08:23 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(01-20-2020 08:21 PM)bullet Wrote:  

The first and last are legal issues. The second may be, but could also result in censure.

even black men don't muss up black wimmenz hair(s).... 03-wink

she's baseless 'tits' until dems need 'her/it'....
01-20-2020 08:40 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Doesn’t she have to go sign $750k of payroll checks to her daughter so she can stuff and mail them to herself?
01-20-2020 11:24 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Moderate democrats are going to get voted out en mass this November.
01-21-2020 10:35 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

(01-21-2020 10:35 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Moderate democrats are going to get voted out en mass this November.

I don't know why even Republicans think the House flipping is a longshot.

I guess we are talking about inside the beltway people.

If I were in the House and the Republicans got a majority, high on the priority list would be censuring Schiff, Nadler and Pelosi for an abuse of the impeachment process. Its the only way to put a cap on it turning into a routine. That investigation would force out a lot of very embarrassing activity by the Democrats.
01-21-2020 11:04 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
There should actually be more impeachment activity in the House as we speak, if we're bring truthful.

Get Bolton and Parnas under oath.
01-21-2020 11:42 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(01-21-2020 11:42 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  There should actually be more impeachment activity in the House as we speak, if we're bring truthful.

Get Bolton and Parnas under oath.

The truth ain't in you buddy! And it sure as hell isn't in the Dem politicians in the House. But it's going to come to a head. You can only lie to, and push good people so far.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2020 11:49 AM by JRsec.)
01-21-2020 11:49 AM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
If at first you dont succeed impeach impeach again
01-21-2020 11:52 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

https://nypost.com/2020/01/18/democrats-...e-goodwin/

"...The impeachment trial that begins Tuesday is the clearest evidence of a looming national crackup. House Democrats made kangaroo courts look like models of fair play yet still could cobble together just two anemic articles, neither of which alleges an actual crime.

Coming after the three-year hate-fest against Trump, the process and results expose this impeachment as uniquely partisan and spiteful. The Ukraine matter is a piffle, and never before was anything so small used to try to remove a president.

Near the end of “American Secession,” Buckley urges “moderation from both sides, left and right but especially the left, in their desire to enforce their ideas about the good upon the rest of us. For starters, we need a greater tolerance for differences of opinion.”

It sounds so simple and obvious, yet it looks almost impossible to get there from here. What a tragedy."
01-21-2020 11:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.