Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New York Times co-endorses Warren and Klobuchar
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
New York Times co-endorses Warren and Klobuchar
Kind of interesting that they mention Klobuchar whose campaign is sort of just floudering along. I suppose if she does better in Iowa than expected, she might move up in some other polls. Apparently, they also sort of gave out a top 4 in the endorsement, also mentioning Mayor Pete and even Cory Booker (who has dropped out which they duly noted) as their top 4.

The Bernie supporters are in an uproar about not making their top 4 (the Biden supporters are still all asleep - no need to wake them up yet). And #Iendorsebernie is trending on twitter.

But here's a significant quote from the Times on Bernie.

Ultimately, the editorial board said, "three years into the Trump administration, we see little advantage to exchanging one over-promising, divisive figure in Washington for another."
01-20-2020 10:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: New York Times co-endorses Warren and Klobuchar
(01-20-2020 10:28 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Kind of interesting that they mention Klobuchar whose campaign is sort of just floudering along. I suppose if she does better in Iowa than expected, she might move up in some other polls. Apparently, they also sort of gave out a top 4 in the endorsement, also mentioning Mayor Pete and even Cory Booker (who has dropped out which they duly noted) as their top 4.

The Bernie supporters are in an uproar about not making their top 4 (the Biden supporters are still all asleep - no need to wake them up yet). And #Iendorsebernie is trending on twitter.

Ultimately, the editorial board said, "three years into the Trump administration, we see little advantage to exchanging one over-promising, divisive figure in Washington for another."

Then why did they endorse Warren?
01-20-2020 10:37 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(01-20-2020 10:37 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(01-20-2020 10:28 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Ultimately, the editorial board said, "three years into the Trump administration, we see little advantage to exchanging one over-promising, divisive figure in Washington for another."

LOL.

They endorsed 4 candidates who check off at least 1 of their most-favored demographic boxes. Sanders and Biden don’t do that.
01-20-2020 10:49 AM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
(01-20-2020 10:28 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Kind of interesting that they mention Klobuchar whose campaign is sort of just floudering along. I suppose if she does better in Iowa than expected, she might move up in some other polls. Apparently, they also sort of gave out a top 4 in the endorsement, also mentioning Mayor Pete and even Cory Booker (who has dropped out which they duly noted) as their top 4.

The Sanders supporters are crazier than the Warren supporters for sure. Perhaps the candidates are similar in their platforms, but the Warren supporters don't scare me like the Sanders ones do.
01-20-2020 11:05 AM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
Like that moves the needle.
01-20-2020 11:22 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Flip a coin NY Times.
01-20-2020 11:29 AM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(01-20-2020 11:22 AM)450bench Wrote:  Like that moves the needle.

.......and nobody cares.

Haint 2.0 and Nasty Salad Comb lady

03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2020 11:46 AM by shere khan.)
01-20-2020 11:46 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

(01-20-2020 11:05 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  

The Sanders supporters are crazier than the Warren supporters for sure. Perhaps the candidates are similar in their platforms, but the Warren supporters don't scare me like the Sanders ones do.

Maybe, but over-promising divisive figure fits Warren to a PochahanTs "T."
01-20-2020 11:52 AM
Mav Offline
1st String

I Root For: Omaha
If you ever needed proof that the Democrats are morphing into the party of woke capital and AWFLs, there it is.
01-20-2020 12:16 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl

Warren scares me more than Sanders, because whenever challenged she can play the sex card the way that Obama played the race card.
01-20-2020 12:35 PM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
So is the NY Times saying it takes 2 women to do a man's job?
01-20-2020 01:17 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

(01-20-2020 12:35 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Warren scares me more than Sanders, because whenever challenged she can play the sex card the way that Obama played the race card.

Sanders doesn't scare me.
1) He's stupid. He thought communism was a better system.
2) He's got no interpersonal skills, thus he won't be persuasive.
3) He will get crushed by Trump.
4) As ridiculous as his policy positions are, he doesn't strike me as compulsively dishonest like Warren and the Clintons.

Warren has a veneer of reasonableness with her extreme positions. She is every bit the white trash that Bill Clinton is. And young single women might vote for her simply because she is a woman. I think she gets crushed by Trump too, but its not as certain as it is with Sanders. Kamala Harris was the one who really frightened me. She checked two boxes and was articulate, therefore seemed reasonable. And she was trash too.
01-20-2020 01:34 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
The NYT’s business is so feeble that they couldn’t risk selecting a candidate from only one lane. Their worst nightmare is “getting cancelled“ on twitter by the other side that they didn’t endorse.

Hence this.
01-20-2020 02:33 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
just for shites and gigs....threads are now being bookmarked for future ref....

by July, they'll outnumber any pr0n site....

01-20-2020 10:45 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
In other news, their sports department made their Super Bowl pick. That took the Bengals and the Giants.
01-21-2020 12:41 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Warren is as compulsive a liar as the leader of the free world.

The major difference is that Trump is trying to strengthen the republic, Warren is trying to destroy it.......
01-21-2020 08:04 AM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Good thing newspapers don't elect the POTUS.
01-21-2020 09:02 AM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(01-20-2020 01:17 PM)fsquid Wrote:  So is the NY Times saying it takes 2 women to do a man's job?

damn, I thought this was one of my better lines.
01-21-2020 09:04 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(01-21-2020 09:04 AM)fsquid Wrote:  
(01-20-2020 01:17 PM)fsquid Wrote:  So is the NY Times saying it takes 2 women to do a man's job?

It was. I was just a little late getting on today.
01-21-2020 11:20 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(01-21-2020 09:04 AM)fsquid Wrote:  

That's sexist.
01-21-2020 11:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.