Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"Reluctantly Concluded"
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
"Reluctantly Concluded"
[Image: Reluctantly.png]

Had to have killed these leftist judges to rule like they did against these poor little snowflakes.

Quote:The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in California ruled Friday that children do not have standing to sue the Trump administration and the federal government for not adequately addressing climate change.

Climate policy comes under the purview of Congress and the president, not the court system, the U.S. Court of Appeals decided in a split decision. Attorneys for the teenagers can ask the U.S. Supreme Court to allow the trial to continue in Oregon, where it was initially filed.

"The panel reluctantly concluded that the plaintiffs’ case must be made to the political branches or to the electorate at large,” the panel of judges noted.

“The political branches might conclude—however inappropriately in the plaintiffs’ view—that economic or defense considerations called for continuation of the very programs challenged in this suit,” the court noted, citing the government’s concerns that unforeseen factors complicate such policies.

The 21 young people involved in Juliana v. United States sought a court order requiring the government to implement an “enforceable national remedial plan” phasing out carbon emissions in an effort to stabilize the climate. The case has survived several attempts by the government to torpedo the case after it was originally filed in 2015.

Link
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020 05:33 PM by usmbacker.)
01-17-2020 05:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
RE: "Reluctantly Concluded"
You know you're wrong if the 9th circuit admits they want you to win but cant justify it
01-17-2020 05:41 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Lunatics
01-17-2020 05:43 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Filed in 2015, meme says Trump administration.

Solid. As in, solid like the kids locked in cages pics.
01-17-2020 05:47 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
50% of all coal burning is done by China and they don't have clean coal. Africa will go from 1.3 Billion to 4.3 Billion in population. Those countries their people are going to want electricity lol.
01-17-2020 05:55 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(01-17-2020 05:55 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  50% of all coal burning is done by China and they don't have clean coal. Africa will go from 1.3 Billion to 4.3 Billion in population. Those countries their people are going to want electricity lol.

This is what nobody gets. It doesnt matter what the US does. Lets say the western world finds a clean energy source TODAY that is only 20% more expensive than fossil fuels and we all agree to switch to it. Then what? Without our demand, the price for oil would plummet and would suddenly be FAR cheaper than our new energy source. The rest of world who still uses oil would become far more efficient producers than the western world and---due to super low oil prices---would soon become huge polluters because they could now afford to use fossil fuels in ever increasing amounts. There are waaaaay more people in the third world than there are in the west. When they start using fossil fuels in large numbers---look out (especially considering they probably wont be able to afford the added cost of the anti-pollution efforts the west has always made).

Until you find an alternative energy source that is MUCH cheaper than fossil fuels any international effort is never going to cure the issue (and thats assuming that humans are MOSTLY responsible for any warming---which I tend to doubt).
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020 06:31 PM by Attackcoog.)
01-17-2020 06:25 PM
Advertisement

Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Just plant Trillions of trees. Problem solved.
01-17-2020 06:30 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
Or ignore it altogether.

Ice Age, Global Warming, Climate Change... it's a bunch of hooey.
01-17-2020 09:41 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-17-2020 06:25 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(01-17-2020 05:55 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  50% of all coal burning is done by China and they don't have clean coal. Africa will go from 1.3 Billion to 4.3 Billion in population. Those countries their people are going to want electricity lol.

This is what nobody gets. It doesnt matter what the US does. Lets say the western world finds a clean energy source TODAY that is only 20% more expensive than fossil fuels and we all agree to switch to it. Then what? Without our demand, the price for oil would plummet and would suddenly be FAR cheaper than our new energy source. The rest of world who still uses oil would become far more efficient producers than the western world and---due to super low oil prices---would soon become huge polluters because they could now afford to use fossil fuels in ever increasing amounts. There are waaaaay more people in the third world than there are in the west. When they start using fossil fuels in large numbers---look out (especially considering they probably wont be able to afford the added cost of the anti-pollution efforts the west has always made).

Until you find an alternative energy source that is MUCH cheaper than fossil fuels any international effort is never going to cure the issue (and thats assuming that humans are MOSTLY responsible for any warming---which I tend to doubt).

some of us do....China and India's future contribution to CO2 emissions have been pointed out to ad nauseam by many a poster...

we're way ahead of the curve in global terms....

the argument in itself is beyond tard....

I'm still waiting for some ding-dong to prove "heat" isn't a good thing for humanity....

save the planet is about as dumbo as it gets.....the planet will be just fine....it's the humans that are the problem due to dependency on continually changing variables...

there's a big difference between controlling pollution vs. how mankind contributes to climate change....

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020 10:09 PM by stinkfist.)
01-17-2020 10:07 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
How in the world was this decided by a split decision? Idiots
01-17-2020 10:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(01-17-2020 06:25 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

If Europe doesn't have a good naval block SOON, Europe will be Africa. Greta can say how dare YOU to them.
01-17-2020 10:14 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(01-17-2020 05:41 PM)solohawks Wrote:  You know you're wrong if the 9th circuit admits they want you to win but cant justify it

03-lmfao

Nailed it. They couldn’t even come up with penumbras and emanations to work back from the conclusion they wanted.
01-17-2020 11:28 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
At some point just like it has all throughout history mother natural will make adjustments and it will come in the form of population control. It's actually overdue. It wont be because of pollution, most likely because of over crowding in 3rd world countries.
01-17-2020 11:36 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(01-17-2020 10:08 PM)blah Wrote:  How in the world was this decided by a split decision? Idiots

Because Trump has flipped the 9th circuit court but he hasn’t appointed all of them.....yet.
01-18-2020 12:36 AM
stinkfist Offline

(01-18-2020 12:36 AM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  
(01-17-2020 10:08 PM)blah Wrote:  How in the world was this decided by a split decision? Idiots

Because Trump has flipped the 9th circuit court but he hasn’t appointed all of them.....yet.

yep....that one's going to be another game changer 'when'.....

that and RBG's replacement are in my top 5 moving forward....
01-18-2020 12:54 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

"Reluctantly Concluded"
(01-17-2020 11:36 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  At some point just like it has all throughout history mother natural will make adjustments and it will come in the form of population control. It's actually overdue. It wont be because of pollution, most likely because of over crowding in 3rd world countries.

The pollution of over crowding will likely play a large role. Then the stresses of that overcrowding will lead to “thinning”.

Two other things we can count on- disease and war.
01-18-2020 04:39 AM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
(01-18-2020 04:39 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(01-17-2020 11:36 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  At some point just like it has all throughout history mother natural will make adjustments and it will come in the form of population control. It's actually overdue. It wont be because of pollution, most likely because of over crowding in 3rd world countries.

The pollution of over crowding will likely play a large role. Then the stresses of that overcrowding will lead to “thinning”.

There is a Black Sabbath song in there somewhere.
01-18-2020 07:52 AM
stinkfist Offline

(01-18-2020 07:52 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(01-18-2020 04:39 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

There is a Black Sabbath song in there somewhere.

ask, and ye shall...

01-18-2020 07:57 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

"Reluctantly Concluded"
Beautiful

What a great tune for headphones
01-18-2020 11:08 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
In the genre of doom metal which is generally not my thing I got turned onto these blokes while at Three Floyd's Brewery in a more than slightly altered state...It all made perfect sense...

This album was single handedly responsible for me tearing up my shoulder while lifting with ear buds ins. Audio steroids.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2020 11:30 AM by rath v2.0.)
01-18-2020 11:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.