Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Where did you buy your Cotton Bowl tickets?
Bookmark and Share
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Your source of purchase makes a difference.

Dear Tiger Fans,

I hope this note finds you and your family enjoying a happy new year so far! On behalf of our coaches, student-athletes and staff, thank you for your continued support of Tiger Athletics.

First and foremost, to everyone that helped make our trip to Dallas so memorable – Thank You. Standing on the field and hearing the roar of well over 20,000 fans in Tiger Blue as our team ran in to AT&T Stadium was an incredible memory. I was so proud of the national statement our student-athletes and coaches made, and the impressive showing of our #TigerFam. We announced, loudly, that we belong on that national stage. We truly embodied the spirit of our Memphis community. I also enjoyed many stories from fans about their road trips to Dallas and seeing ‘Tiger Blue at every stop along the way.’ That sense of community is what makes the 901 a remarkable place and what makes college athletics so unique. What a tremendous statement we made to the entire country, together.

Because this experience was so special, we have decided to say thank you in a small way by retroactively awarding 10 priority points to accounts that purchased Cotton Bowl tickets directly through the Memphis Athletic Department. The revenue collected from bowl ticket sales directly impacts the financial stability of our operation and helps us sustain excellence in our football program. These revenues are essential to the experience our Tiger student-athletes have while at the University of Memphis.

Check your priority point total by clicking HERE and logging in to your athletic department account. If you have any questions regarding your points, please contact the Tiger Scholarship Fund at 901-678-2334.

Thank you for your support and Go Tigers Go!

Laird Veatch
Director of Athletics
University of Memphis
01-17-2020 07:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
RE: Where did you buy your Cotton Bowl tickets?
That's good and all, but I would trade 10 times those 10 priority points every day of the week, and twice on Sundays to sit where we sat. If next year we go to the Birmingham bowl or the Independence bowl? Yeah, I'll buy through the University. The freaking Cotton Bowl? I ain't sittin' in the rafters...
01-17-2020 10:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tpaw09 Offline
1st String

(01-17-2020 10:42 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  That's good and all, but I would trade 10 times those 10 priority points every day of the week, and twice on Sundays to sit where we sat. If next year we go to the Birmingham bowl or the Independence bowl? Yeah, I'll buy through the University. The freaking Cotton Bowl? I ain't sittin' in the rafters...

I agree. I bought my tickets and sat exactly where i wanted to be view the game. It is like Russian roulette buying through the U M ticket office.
01-17-2020 10:49 AM
oruvoice2 Offline
2nd String

Does anyone have a final count of how many the University sold?

I got mine from a guy on facebook. Lower level, 17 rows from the field. $100.
01-17-2020 11:01 AM
gusrob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS - My Alma Mater
(01-17-2020 11:01 AM)oruvoice2 Wrote:  Does anyone have a final count of how many the University sold?

I got mine from a guy on facebook. Lower level, 17 rows from the field. $100.

Cotton Eyed Joe?
01-17-2020 11:45 AM
Advertisement

TigerGrad02 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(01-17-2020 10:49 AM)tpaw09 Wrote:  
(01-17-2020 10:42 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  That's good and all, but I would trade 10 times those 10 priority points every day of the week, and twice on Sundays to sit where we sat. If next year we go to the Birmingham bowl or the Independence bowl? Yeah, I'll buy through the University. The freaking Cotton Bowl? I ain't sittin' in the rafters...

I agree. I bought my tickets and sat exactly where i wanted to be view the game. It is like Russian roulette buying through the U M ticket office.

Agree with you 100%. Turned down getting tickets away from university for Liberty Bowl and got stuck 60 rows higher than where I could've been.

I know the saying if we want to be big time, we have to act like it, but in this instance it's what we had to do to get there.
01-17-2020 11:47 AM
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I tried to buy them from the U of M ticket office. I think I called either 12/23 or 12/24 and got a message that the ticket office was closed until well after the bowl game date. So....the U of M did not have a single person that could have worked those days and taken ticket orders? I think paying double time for such duty probably would have benfited an employee and the U of M. I ended up buying on the Internet. Paid about $310 for seats on the 50 yard line, 12 rows up. If I could have bought the tickets from the U of M at the Gaylord Hotel, I probably would have done that but...that was not the message on the voice mail. The voice mail message was only....we are closed.
01-17-2020 12:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tigator14 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: U of M Tigers
In reference to “Your source of purchase does make a difference”, this statement would be completely accurate if indeed the Ticket Office had a clue of how to handle requests and make purchasing a simple transaction.

Believe me I tried by phone and actually went to the Normal Office, really no satisfaction in seating whatsoever. Waited a few days to see if things improved, of course did not and ended up buying 10 tickets on Stubhub. Sat on the 30 yard line in lower second tier. Great seats for $146 each. A few of my Tiger Club friends sat above our group and paid $300 for less desirable seating, they weren’t happy at all.

I’m all for donating to the Tigers and have for many years both in football and basketball. However, if the administration wants to receive more funding in cases like this, how about bringing the Ticket Office operations into the new millennium. Current business practices are not working properly. They need to cater to their customers.
01-17-2020 02:03 PM
Unionman76 Online
Heisman

but you missed out on the 100 priority points

meh
01-17-2020 02:18 PM
Advertisement

aardWolf Offline
Heisman

(01-17-2020 02:18 PM)Unionman76 Wrote:  but you missed out on the 100 priority points

meh

You mean 10 priority points (which is the equivalent of giving the University a $500 donation.)

https://gotigersgo.com/sports/2015/4/9/G...01531.aspx
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020 02:21 PM by aardWolf.)
01-17-2020 02:20 PM
Unionman76 Online
Heisman

(01-17-2020 02:20 PM)aardWolf Wrote:  
(01-17-2020 02:18 PM)Unionman76 Wrote:  but you missed out on the 100 priority points

meh

You mean 10 priority points (which is the equivalent of giving the University a $500 donation.)

mea culpa
01-17-2020 02:35 PM
AtlantaTiger Offline
2nd String

I bought my $250 face value row 3 tickets from a broker for $110. Made the purchase in October, months before the teams were picked. My seats were excellent. Will do the same thing next year for the Peach Bowl as I did three years ago for the Peach Bowl when UCF got invited. After U of M didn't get the invite, I sold my tickets easily the next week.
01-17-2020 03:52 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(01-17-2020 07:19 AM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  Your source of purchase makes a difference.

Dear Tiger Fans,

I hope this note finds you and your family enjoying a happy new year so far! On behalf of our coaches, student-athletes and staff, thank you for your continued support of Tiger Athletics.

First and foremost, to everyone that helped make our trip to Dallas so memorable – Thank You. Standing on the field and hearing the roar of well over 20,000 fans in Tiger Blue as our team ran in to AT&T Stadium was an incredible memory. I was so proud of the national statement our student-athletes and coaches made, and the impressive showing of our #TigerFam. We announced, loudly, that we belong on that national stage. We truly embodied the spirit of our Memphis community. I also enjoyed many stories from fans about their road trips to Dallas and seeing ‘Tiger Blue at every stop along the way.’ That sense of community is what makes the 901 a remarkable place and what makes college athletics so unique. What a tremendous statement we made to the entire country, together.

Because this experience was so special, we have decided to say thank you in a small way by retroactively awarding 10 priority points to accounts that purchased Cotton Bowl tickets directly through the Memphis Athletic Department. The revenue collected from bowl ticket sales directly impacts the financial stability of our operation and helps us sustain excellence in our football program. These revenues are essential to the experience our Tiger student-athletes have while at the University of Memphis.

Check your priority point total by clicking HERE and logging in to your athletic department account. If you have any questions regarding your points, please contact the Tiger Scholarship Fund at 901-678-2334.

Thank you for your support and Go Tigers Go!

Laird Veatch
Director of Athletics
University of Memphis

Nice double thread. 03-lmfao
01-17-2020 07:44 PM
Advertisement

Cap'n Munford Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-17-2020 03:52 PM)AtlantaTiger Wrote:  I bought my $250 face value row 3 tickets from a broker for $110. Made the purchase in October, months before the teams were picked. My seats were excellent. Will do the same thing next year for the Peach Bowl as I did three years ago for the Peach Bowl when UCF got invited. After U of M didn't get the invite, I sold my tickets easily the next week.

01-ncaabbs Just had Siri create a reminder to buy Peach Bowl tickets in October.
01-18-2020 10:56 AM
MemDawg91 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Msu& Memphis

meh

Other than being a status symbol, is there any benefit with the priority points?
01-18-2020 04:43 PM
aardWolf Offline
Heisman

(01-18-2020 04:43 PM)MemDawg91 Wrote:  

meh

Other than being a status symbol, is there any benefit with the priority points?

It’s used for priority over others at your donation level... So in the event of a reseating you get to pick your seats first.
01-18-2020 04:54 PM
UMTiger02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers & Uggla
Stubhub. 5 rows from the field 40 yard line. Saved about $200 bucks in buying from school. They also added me points anyway...
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2020 07:07 PM by UMTiger02.)
01-18-2020 07:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.