Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Do the Dem Senators really need to attend Impeachment Trial
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Do the Dem Senators really need to attend Impeachment Trial
Do the 4 Dem Senators running for President really need to show up for the trial? Their base will be infuriated if they don't vote for impeachment so really what difference does it make it they show up?
01-16-2020 06:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Native Georgian Online
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
RE: Do the Dem Senators really need to attend Impeachment Trial
Define “need”, LOL.

Legally and constitutionally, their physical presence in (or absence from) the Senate chamber is completely irrelevant to everything except the final vote. But politically, they are invested in the idea that they are “impartial” and have a “duty” to “listen to the evidence”, blah-blah-blah.
01-16-2020 06:56 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
(01-16-2020 06:56 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Define “need”, LOL.

Legally and constitutionally, their physical presence in (or absence from) the Senate chamber is completely irrelevant to everything except the final vote. But politically, they are invested in the idea that they are “impartial” and have a “duty” to “listen to the evidence”, blah-blah-blah.

Does anyone on either side genuinely believe anyone is impartial?

There is nothing that is going to come out that will change anyone's mind or else it would have come out by now
01-16-2020 07:05 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(01-16-2020 06:43 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Do the 4 Dem Senators running for President really need to show up for the trial? Their base will be infuriated if they don't vote for impeachment so really what difference does it make it they show up?

None of the Democrats need to show up. This a completely politics driven partisan "impeachment". The evidence is irrelevant with respect to te verdict for Democrats. If it were allowed, the Democrats could all just go to Hawaii on a fact finding junket/vacation and come back to Washington on the day the verdict vote is taken. Democrats already know how they are going to vote and have known for 3 years---its not like they would suddenly start letting facts get in the way of that vote at this late date. Give 'em hall pass so they can go color or play kick ball.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020 12:53 AM by Attackcoog.)
01-16-2020 08:38 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
The whole democrat argument seems to be that he pressured Ukraine to come up with dirt on Biden because he was a potential political foe in 2020. But it still seems to me that if there was reasonable basis to suspect that either of the Bidens may have engaged in illegal or corrupt acts, then any president has the right and the duty to see that such acts are investigated. And Hunter Biden's absurdly outrageous contract with Burisma clearly provides a reasonable basis for such suspicion. There goes criminal intent out the window, and with it pretty much goes everything else.
01-16-2020 08:52 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(01-16-2020 08:52 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  The whole democrat argument seems to be that he pressured Ukraine to come up with dirt on Biden because he was a potential political foe in 2020. But it still seems to me that if there was reasonable basis to suspect that either of the Bidens may have engaged in illegal or corrupt acts, then any president has the right and the duty to see that such acts are investigated. And Hunter Biden's absurdly outrageous contract with Burisma clearly provides a reasonable basis for such suspicion. There goes criminal intent out the window, and with it pretty much goes everything else.

In a rational world maybe...
01-16-2020 11:02 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(01-16-2020 06:43 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Do the 4 Dem Senators running for President really need to show up for the trial? Their base will be infuriated if they don't vote for impeachment so really what difference does it make it they show up?

Considering that they seem to represent the Soviet Union no. although Plugs Corn Pop has no idea where he is.
01-16-2020 11:11 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(01-16-2020 08:52 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  The whole democrat argument seems to be that he pressured Ukraine to come up with dirt on Biden because he was a potential political foe in 2020. But it still seems to me that if there was reasonable basis to suspect that either of the Bidens may have engaged in illegal or corrupt acts, then any president has the right and the duty to see that such acts are investigated. And Hunter Biden's absurdly outrageous contract with Burisma clearly provides a reasonable basis for such suspicion. There goes criminal intent out the window, and with it pretty much goes everything else.

The funny thing is---If I were Trump, a big part of my defense would be to show why Biden's very suspicious corrupt looking activities appear to be very much worth investigating and why its important that government officials not get away with such activities. If they want witness's---then Trump will indirectly end up getting the Biden investigation he wants.

Asking for witness's is such a dumb move on the part of the Democrats, it almost makes me thing its actually a sneaky plan by the DNC to make sure Biden is NOT the nominee.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020 01:00 AM by Attackcoog.)
01-17-2020 12:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.