Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Muslim Scholar: ‘This Regime, For The First Time Ever, Is Seriously Threatened’
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Muslim Scholar: ‘This Regime, For The First Time Ever, Is Seriously Threatened’
Even some of the hardline folks are upset at the government’s lies.

Quote:Council on Foreign Relations member Qanta Ahmed weighed in on Sunday on the anti-government protests that had erupted at Iranian universities across the country on Saturday in response to Iran’s admission that it unintentionally shot down a Ukrainian passenger plane killing all 176 people on board, saying that she thinks “this regime, for the first time ever, is seriously threatened.”

Ahmed, a Muslim scholar, made the comment on “Fox & Friends Weekend” on Sunday adding that the regime “is in its most fragile and precarious time probably since 1979.”

“They’ve had a disastrous outcome to their attempt of intimidating the United States, their attempts on the embassy in Baghdad failed, they’ve had Qassem Soleimani [figuratively] decapitated, they had to admit that they shot down their own commercial airliner, killing hundreds of people, 83 Iranians, many Iranians have lost multiple family members,” she explained.

The head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard's aerospace division had told state TV that his unit accepts “full responsibility” for shooting down the Ukrainian aircraft, just minutes after it took off from Tehran’s international airport on Wednesday. Iranian President Hassan Rouhani blamed “human error” in a tweet Friday, and called it a "great tragedy and unforgivable mistake."

Crowds of students chanted for the Revolutionary Guards to “let go of the country!” and also mentioned Soleimani, saying that he “was a murderer" and "his leader is too!” President Trump had ordered the drone strike on Solemani and declared the world a safer place following his death.

“I think the Iranians have to ask themselves what else have they [the regime] concealed,” Ahmed said Sunday responding to the Ukrainian passenger plane being shot down.

“It wasn't just the error. They denied it at first, then finally they're admitting it, now they want to know what other falsehoods have been fed.”

She added, “1500 people were killed in recent protests in Iran before the Qassem Soleimani execution, so they are finally able to voice what they’ve suspected all along and we must not ignore those voices.”

Trump tweeted a message of support to the protesters on Saturday, in both Farsi and English, promising that his administration would continue to stand with them in solidarity.

“President Trump made a wonderful statement on Twitter in Farsi, and in English, that the United States is with the people of Iran,” Ahmed noted on “Fox & Friends Weekend.”

“We have no enmity with the people of Iran, but we do despise the Islamist Iranian, theocratic regime, which is a totalitarian regime. They’ve had that country for 41 years, shrouded, totally suffocated in oppression since then and I think we’re seeing that veil coming off.”

When asked if Iran will now come to the negotiating table Ahmed said, “I can't imagine it because the more they threaten the more Promethean their grip.”

“They would have to completely deny their origin, this regime,” She continued. “I do think this regime, for the first time ever, is seriously threatened. People are saying the United States is not our enemy, our regime is our enemy. Our enemy is not here in the U.S., it is here where we are in Tehran and that kind of explicit speech I’ve never encountered.”

Link

If there should be a turnover in power in Iran over the following months that results in a government that leans less Islamic, it's gonna be a feather in Trump's cap as we head into the elections. Everyone remembers Obama's silence during the Green Revolution, when protesters begged the US for support . . .
01-13-2020 03:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
RE: Muslim Scholar: ‘This Regime, For The First Time Ever, Is Seriously Threatened’
Let's play a big what-if...

What if this event results in regime change in Iran?
01-13-2020 03:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
RE: Muslim Scholar: ‘This Regime, For The First Time Ever, Is Seriously Threatened’
What it will result in is many lives lost. Evil the likes of this islamist satan doesn’t go down without a lot of bloodshed. Maybe the ayatollahs are taken out first. Whatever happens Trump and the desire for freedom will be a catalyst. The liberals will blame him for the blood on the hands of the islamist. Just as they already have.
01-13-2020 03:50 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-13-2020 03:44 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  Let's play a big what-if...

nothing more than another dictatorshite....

they're fuxxored at this point....that's what happens when one ignores the USD in ANY homeland....
01-13-2020 03:52 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC

Folks don't have guns. There could be a coup with Republican Guard top dogs, if they have enough support with rank and file. They pretty much run the country.
01-13-2020 03:55 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl

It's looking like shooting down the airliner has sparked a lot of unrest and discontent in Iran. So that could certainly happen. I guess if it does, then democrats will have to say that Trump really didn't cause the airliner to be shot down.
01-13-2020 03:55 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(01-13-2020 03:55 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

It's looking like shooting down the airliner has sparked a lot of unrest and discontent in Iran. So that could certainly happen. I guess if it does, then democrats will have to say that Trump really didn't cause the airliner to be shot down.

Oh, man! The were against taking down the airline before they were for it.
01-13-2020 03:57 PM
stinkfist Offline

(01-13-2020 03:55 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

not a chance....the dems are lost like sleestack....

the only question that remains is how voter rollls are reversed moving forward going into '24.....the courts are already being reversed...so are the rolls....

it's a simple numbers game.....this isn't about politics....
01-13-2020 04:05 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK

Regime change is a ways off. The OP's is correct, but the threat will come from America's absence. The Saudis are honest in that the loyalty of their fighters is from straight cash homie...which they have lots of

But when Iraq turns into an open battlefield, how loyal will the Iran Islamic Revolutionary Guard's when they are dying in droves. Is it large enough to deploy and hold territory as well as maintain civility at home?
01-13-2020 06:46 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(01-13-2020 06:46 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  

Regime change is a ways off. The OP's is correct, but the threat will come from America's absence. The Saudis are honest in that the loyalty of their fighters is from straight cash homie...which they have lots of

But when Iraq turns into an open battlefield, how loyal will the Iran Islamic Revolutionary Guard's when they are dying in droves. Is it large enough to deploy and hold territory as well as maintain civility at home?

XACLY!.....let 'em wallow in the swallow....

if someone can tell me when it actually mattered in current times??? ..... yeah, I'm all fk'n ears....

they are irrelevant at this point in the game....and they know it too....
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020 06:55 PM by stinkfist.)
01-13-2020 06:52 PM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom

It was called Persia until about 100 years ago.

Maybe we can rename it MAGASTAN after the regime falls.

We can even found a city here and call it NEW MAGASTAN.
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020 07:04 PM by ericsrevenge76.)
01-13-2020 06:58 PM
stinkfist Offline

(01-13-2020 06:58 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  

which begs the question.....what is it 100/200/4000 yrs. from now....

glass works for me....the irony is how's muh southern version of 'Paprika' working out these days....

where's muh blah blah in relative terms.....

lmmfao....

sheeple only care when it 'supposedly matters'.....
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020 07:11 PM by stinkfist.)
01-13-2020 07:10 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston

lol.....so much winning.
01-13-2020 07:15 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

I suspect it will look like Syria, but with a lot more weapons on each side of the war. Very messy. I don't see the mullahs giving up power without a fight. And that will lead to opportunities for warlords.
01-13-2020 07:33 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
(01-13-2020 03:37 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:“I think the Iranians have to ask themselves what else have they [the regime] concealed,” Ahmed said Sunday responding to the Ukrainian passenger plane being shot down.
Let me help fill in the blanks.....

Mohammad wasn't a prophet...

Islam isn't true...

Mohammad was a pedophile...

Probably a lot more
01-13-2020 07:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Offline

(01-13-2020 07:58 PM)blah Wrote:  
(01-13-2020 03:37 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:“I think the Iranians have to ask themselves what else have they [the regime] concealed,” Ahmed said Sunday responding to the Ukrainian passenger plane being shot down.
Let me help fill in the blanks.....

Mohammad wasn't a prophet...

Islam isn't true...

Mohammad was a pedophile...

Probably a lot more

ya think......#towTheLine 04-cheers\

humanity.....it's a conundrum....

01-13-2020 08:18 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
just to be clear...this administration that finally admitted shooting down the plane of innoncents is the same one that Dear Leader paid all that money to during his previous regime, right? Another Dem idiocy exposed for the failure of leadership- it is. Goodon' you Trump. Doin' a good job at the job of Prez, despite the fleas attempts at distracting.
01-13-2020 08:47 PM
Advertisement

SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(01-13-2020 08:47 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  just to be clear...this administration that finally admitted shooting down the plane of innoncents is the same one that Dear Leader paid all that money to during his previous regime, right? Another Dem idiocy exposed for the failure of leadership- it is. Goodon' you Trump. Doin' a good job at the job of Prez, despite the fleas attempts at distracting.

They probably bought the SAMS from Russia with the billions Barry’s gave them. So who’s fault is it really?
01-13-2020 08:54 PM
ODUsmitty Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
In current American political discourse, the gun is always blamed (thus the reason for insane and ineffective gun control - trust me, it is real in VA). Therefore, the SAMs are at fault, and the manufacturer is Russia. So Russia is to blame for the Iranians shooting down a Ukrainian airliner. It is the same logic as gun-control advocates use. Hypocrisy is Libtardistan never disappoints.
01-13-2020 10:19 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(01-13-2020 06:58 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  

All of the Iranians I know here in the states refer to themselves as Persian and want nothing to do with the term Iran.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
01-13-2020 11:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.