Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FISA Court Appoints Former Obama Official To Assess FBI FISA Reforms
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
FISA Court Appoints Former Obama Official To Assess FBI FISA Reforms
Quote:

David Kris served as Assistant Attorney General for the Department of Justice under President Obama and Attorney General Holder. He drew on his prestige as a former senior official in the Department of Justice to disparage Rep. Devin Nunes in his exposure of the FBI’s misconduct in the Russia haox and assure anyone who would listen to him that all was in order. He is an apologist for FBI misconduct who gives the Department of Justice Inspector General report on the FBI’s FISA misconduct the stupidly credulous reading that absolves the FBI of political bias in the matter.

Who better than Kris to serve as amicus curiae to the FISA court to help it assess the government’s response to Judge Collyer’s December 17 order. That is what new FISA court presiding judge James Baosberg did late yesterday afteroon in this order. As Jack Paar used to say, I kid you not.

Well, I’m no friend of the court. My reaction is that the FISA court has to go.

Link

This is the real reason they want to get rid of Trump. Before he was elected most of the country was asleep but now they are watching. They’ve been pulling this **** for years and no one notices until now and they are shocked people are demanding they do their jobs! They feel they are entitled to do as they please ( like in Virginia right now) and are just amazed anyone would push back against their tyranny!
01-12-2020 02:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: FISA Court Appoints Former Obama Official To Assess FBI FISA Reforms
FISA court is compromised I am shocked! We won't abuse your rights we promise!
01-12-2020 02:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Barr is going to have to get the DOJ on their ass. Do they think all of the american public is as dumb as the left? They might as well have appointed James Comey.
01-12-2020 03:40 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
You can’t make this kind of ‘in your face’ chit up. The deep state stares at Nunes and tells him in their best ayatollah voice “you can’t do anything about it”. Trump needs to fire them all and start over.
01-12-2020 04:38 PM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Fox, meet henhouse.
01-12-2020 04:47 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
The ‘meh’ tells me this is just as they anticipated. The public at large just doesn’t give a chit. No media to call this out is quite disappointing but I should have expected as much. Trump provided us another decade until the all is lost to the real 1%ers.
01-12-2020 11:13 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/12/spy...isa-abuse/
Hemingway agrees:

"...Kris, who served as assistant attorney general for the DOJ’s National Security Division, recently claimed the IG report that catalogued egregious abuse of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) powers actually vindicated the FBI. He also smeared Rep. Devin Nunes in 2018, saying his initial sounding of the alarm about those abuses was incorrect, threatened national security, and should be harshly punished.

Kris appeared in locations that pushed the false Russia collusion narrative, such as Rachel Maddow’s MSNBC show, the Lawfare blog, and Twitter, to defend the FBI and attack President Trump and other critics of the harmful surveillance campaign. He once wrote that Trump “should be worried” that Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into treasonous collusion with Russia meant “the walls are closing in.”

The appointment of a former official who served as an apologist for the FBI signals that the court isn’t particularly concerned about the civil liberty violations catalogued by Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s investigation into the year-long surveillance of Carter Page...."
01-13-2020 12:03 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(01-13-2020 12:03 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/12/spy...isa-abuse/
Hemingway agrees:

"...Kris, who served as assistant attorney general for the DOJ’s National Security Division, recently claimed the IG report that catalogued egregious abuse of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) powers actually vindicated the FBI. He also smeared Rep. Devin Nunes in 2018, saying his initial sounding of the alarm about those abuses was incorrect, threatened national security, and should be harshly punished.

Kris appeared in locations that pushed the false Russia collusion narrative, such as Rachel Maddow’s MSNBC show, the Lawfare blog, and Twitter, to defend the FBI and attack President Trump and other critics of the harmful surveillance campaign. He once wrote that Trump “should be worried” that Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into treasonous collusion with Russia meant “the walls are closing in.”

The appointment of a former official who served as an apologist for the FBI signals that the court isn’t particularly concerned about the civil liberty violations catalogued by Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s investigation into the year-long surveillance of Carter Page...."

This is the apparatus that is the locus of the "Deep State". It makes sense since elections can't always be controlled. Courts policing legal instruments and other courts at the Federal level is beyond the reach of the voter, at least directly. Perhaps Donald needs to focus on appointments in the East as well as those in the 9th Circuit.
01-13-2020 12:20 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
OK, conservative friends, I was attacking the FISA court back in 2003-04, when you were defending it because you backed Bush, no matter what. It is one of many horrible violations of civil and constitutional rights that we either started, or accelerated, with the patRIOT act. The kinds of civil and constitutional rights violations that you are seeing now are nothing but par for the course.
01-13-2020 12:23 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-13-2020 12:23 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  OK, conservative friends, I was attacking the FISA court back in 2003-04, when you were defending it because you backed Bush, no matter what. It is one of many horrible violations of civil and constitutional rights that we either started, or accelerated, with the patRIOT act. The kinds of civil and constitutional rights violations that you are seeing now are nothing but par for the course.

not my '1984' arse....

there was never a question why we now see the 'residual impact' of growing gov't 'agencies'....
01-13-2020 12:25 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(01-13-2020 12:25 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(01-13-2020 12:23 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  OK, conservative friends, I was attacking the FISA court back in 2003-04, when you were defending it because you backed Bush, no matter what. It is one of many horrible violations of civil and constitutional rights that we either started, or accelerated, with the patRIOT act. The kinds of civil and constitutional rights violations that you are seeing now are nothing but par for the course.
not my '1984' arse....
there was never a question why we now see the 'residual impact' of growing gov't 'agencies'....

I know, I know.
01-13-2020 12:28 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I didn't support H.W., and voted for Perot. I damn sure didn't vote for his progeny or was it proxy, W. I voted for my wife. And the Patriot Act seems to have only targeted "patriot's" and their civil liberties. But no fascist can let a crisis pass without centralizing authority. H.W. Bush is the architect of the "Deep State" which was the brainchild of the FED backers going back to the 50's. Prescott Bush was part of secret government long before H.W..

Don't lump conservatives into one basket. It's a broad term under which many enemies of freedom have taken refuge. But then so is "liberal".

When it comes to corporate agenda there is very little difference between H.W., Clinton, W. and Obama. McCain was of that ilk as well. The differences between each of them is what civil liberty was under attack. With Obama it was clearly freedom of speech and equality under the law. It would have been gun ownership if he could have gotten away with it. It took "W" and "H.W." compromising on firearms rights to start the assault on so called assault rifles which of course no semi-automatic really is. It took Obama to make some forms of speech "hate crimes" and afford some citizens rights that superseded those of others. When the Deep State wants war you get a Deep State republican to get us into it because people trust Republicans on defense. But do the Deep State Democrats who get elected next get us out of it? No.

The Deep State Right compromises our 2nd amendment rights nuance by nuance. The Deep State Left goes after our "Speech and Assembly rights" because people trust Democrats on those issues. These are the right hook and left cross of a shadow government made up of large corporations, law enforcement, and military interests pummeling the American people. They grow bureaucracy to get policy decisions out of the hands of Congress and rule not by law but by policies. NAFTA was a treaty that impinges the rights of the people to legal redress under the law by disguising tort liability as a treaty.

So 3 Date Owl nobody in this house has been fooled a bit by any of it. But your constant defense of Clinton tells me it has been otherwise in your home!
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020 12:48 PM by JRsec.)
01-13-2020 12:35 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-13-2020 12:28 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(01-13-2020 12:25 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
not my '1984' arse....

I know, I know.

03-lmfao .... I was easily agreeing with ya.... I know, you know....

I stated straight out of the gate, "we see the same, but state it differently." 04-cheers
01-13-2020 12:36 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(01-13-2020 12:35 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
I didn't support H.W., and voted for Perot. I damn sure didn't vote for his progeny or was it proxy, W. I voted for my wife. And the Patriot Act seems to have only targeted "patriot's" and their civil liberties. But no fascist can let a crisis pass without centralizing authority. H.W. Bush is the architect of the "Deep State" which was the brainchild of the FED backers going back to the 50's. Prescott Bush was part of secret government long before H.W..
Don't lump conservatives into one basket. It's a broad term under which many enemies of freedom have taken refuge. But then so is "liberal".

I knew HW fairly well from his time at Rice, and liked him as a person very much. I thought W, whom I know much less well than I knew HW, was a good governor of Texas, but my first reaction to his running for president is that I didn't think he was ready for that, and would be in over his head.

My thoughts about the "Deep State" is that it is not so much politicians that make up the "Deep State" as it is unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats. They think they are invincible, which is pretty much true, and that they can do whatever the hell they want to do with no repercussions.
01-13-2020 12:42 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(01-13-2020 12:42 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(01-13-2020 12:35 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

I knew HW fairly well from his time at Rice, and liked him as a person very much. I thought W, whom I know much less well than I knew HW, was a good governor of Texas, but my first reaction to his running for president is that I didn't think he was ready for that, and would be in over his head.

My thoughts about the "Deep State" is that it is not so much politicians that make up the "Deep State" as it is unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats. They think they are invincible, which is pretty much true, and that they can do whatever the hell they want to do with no repercussions.

The Bureaucrats are the tools made possible by the figureheads. They don't call the shots, they entrench the power of those who though not necessarily elected do.

The first thing you must remember about all political personalities is that they are never who they appear to be and most sociopaths know exactly how to appear warm and approachable. But none of them rise without the backing of very wealthy and powerful people.

You never look at what they say, or how they act. You always look at what they do. That is Biblical wisdom. We are not to judge (that is form opinions about people based on how they are presented) but rather to discern (know them by what they do).
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020 12:54 PM by JRsec.)
01-13-2020 12:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.