Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Over/under Trey Lance rushing yards
Bookmark and Share
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
He has been dominant this year as a Freshman and it looks like an historically good season; probably the best he will ever have. His passing is excellent, but it is really based on the success of their outstanding run game of which he is a major part.

It seems his running is critical to the outcome of the game.
When ND State goes jumbo with 2 or 3 TE’s and/or a FB, how will JMU counter with personnel? Will we see a 3rd LB on the field with one of the safeties coming out? Can the 190 lb defenders beat blocks from 250 lb players at the line of scrimmage?
Will JMU put a spy on Lance?
Cignetti’s plan to defend the QB run will have huge implications on the game.

Over/Under 50 yards.
01-11-2020 08:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Chalupa Batman Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NDSU
I think Lance will be a big part of the run game today, no need to save him for next week anymore. The overall rushing total for us is the more important number though IMO.

I mentioned in another thread you are going to give up more than your average, and we're going to less than ours. Who can stay closer to their norm will be the biggest indicator of their teams success.

Over/under 150 yards is what I think the target is, over is good for us and under is good for you.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
01-11-2020 08:59 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
RE: Over/under Trey Lance rushing yards
Less than 50. He'll get a couple carries of ~15 each. Then four more carries for less than 5 yards each.
01-11-2020 09:19 AM
Chalupa Batman Offline
Water Engineer

(01-11-2020 09:19 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  Less than 50. He'll get a couple carries of ~15 each. Then four more carries for less than 5 yards each.
I think he's going to have double digit carries today. Between 12-15 carries.

01-11-2020 09:29 AM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
+50, but most of it on one run and then we adjust
01-11-2020 09:42 AM
DBJMU2006 Offline
1st String

01-11-2020 10:04 AM
Advertisement

WeAreThePride Offline
Water Engineer

(01-11-2020 08:47 AM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  He has been dominant this year as a Freshman and it looks like an historically good season; probably the best he will ever have. His passing is excellent, but it is really based on the success of their outstanding run game of which he is a major part.

It seems his running is critical to the outcome of the game.
When ND State goes jumbo with 2 or 3 TE’s and/or a FB, how will JMU counter with personnel? Will we see a 3rd LB on the field with one of the safeties coming out? Can the 190 lb defenders beat blocks from 250 lb players at the line of scrimmage?
Will JMU put a spy on Lance?
Cignetti’s plan to defend the QB run will have huge implications on the game.

Over/Under 50 yards.

I would hammer that over.
01-11-2020 10:31 AM
WeAreThePride Offline
Water Engineer

(01-11-2020 09:29 AM)Chalupa Batman Wrote:  
(01-11-2020 09:19 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  Less than 50. He'll get a couple carries of ~15 each. Then four more carries for less than 5 yards each.
I think he's going to have double digit carries today. Between 12-15 carries.

Definitely. I bet there are 10 called QB runs, and 10 more scrambles.
01-11-2020 10:32 AM
lakesbison Offline

125yards, 2 tds. if the weather is like this, our O.C will run him into the ground.
01-11-2020 11:50 AM
TheDuke Offline
2nd String

All the yards. We cant stop him.
01-11-2020 12:31 PM
McDowell Duke Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Dukes
3rd and 7 and no penalties, the result is a punt. Game on.
01-11-2020 02:08 PM
Advertisement

Dignan Offline
1st String

He was most definitely the difference in the game.
01-11-2020 03:11 PM
lakesbison Offline

(01-11-2020 11:50 AM)lakesbison Wrote:  125yards, 2 tds. if the weather is like this, our O.C will run him into the ground.

our OC did run him into ground, whoa.
01-11-2020 03:50 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I didn’t see that Cignetti adjusted the personnel to stop the QB run. He went with the same players we saw all year and got destroyed by the QB run. I am Very disappointed in Cignetti for not forcing ND State to win left-handed.
Their bread and butter was not a surprise to anyone so it is hard to explain why Cignetti didn’t have a personnel package and alignment to force something else.

I would have been less disappointed to see him throw for 300 yards.
01-11-2020 08:47 PM
Bison01 Offline
Water Engineer

(01-11-2020 08:47 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  I didn’t see that Cignetti adjusted the personnel to stop the QB run. He went with the same players we saw all year and got destroyed by the QB run. I am Very disappointed in Cignetti for not forcing ND State to win left-handed.
Their bread and butter was not a surprise to anyone so it is hard to explain why Cignetti didn’t have a personnel package and alignment to force something else.

I would have been less disappointed to see him throw for 300 yards.

It was an interesting dynamic because from the stands it did seem like you all adjusted to the QB run in the 2nd half. It was frustrating from our end to see it be slammed over and over for 1-2 yards. Shades of ISUr and our OC not adjusting to the game. I’ll have to have a better look when I rewatch.
01-11-2020 08:57 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
Certainly did a much better job on him in the 2nd half, outside of the 44 yard TD which I thought was sprung from an obvious hold. Holloway can’t make every tackle, Carter and Daka we’re getting after it, but we have another starting LB that you barely notice out there, not sure how they run 45 times and an LB only has 1 tackle.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2020 09:07 PM by Polish Hammer.)
01-11-2020 09:07 PM
Advertisement

JMU1987UVA1998 Online
1st String

(01-11-2020 09:07 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  Certainly did a much better job on him in the 2nd half, outside of the 44 yard TD which I thought was sprung from an obvious hold. Holloway can’t make every tackle, Carter and Daka we’re getting after it, but we have another starting LB that you barely notice out there, not sure how they run 45 times and an LB only has 1 tackle.

Agree and that was an assisted tackle not a solo. Not naming him but he was a disappointment all season IMO. Didn't seem to have the fire he had when he started playing towards the middle of the 2018 season after getting healthy. We've got to have better LB play in 2020.
01-11-2020 09:11 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
I hate to single a kid out, but yeah, playing that position funnels a lot of action your way and most games you wouldn’t even know if he played or not. Had much better totals in 1/2 as many games last year. And somehow prior to this game the NDSU coach pointed to him as a key to watch out for...really?!? SMH.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2020 09:18 PM by Polish Hammer.)
01-11-2020 09:15 PM
South Main Offline
Bench Warmer

Lance reminded me of Rodney Landers and this kid is only a freshman? Wow. Talent is off the charts, gonna be long four years trying to beat him.
01-12-2020 12:38 AM
Purple Offline
Heisman

He can be contained. We had the personnel, but not the defensive gameplan.

A lot went wrong yesterday, and it all starts with coaching, a very uncharacteristic problem after 14 consecutive games of solid coaching. Our coaches appeared to be game-planning from a position of being intimidated, a recipe for failure. We were not creative in our playcalling, nor were we willing to take a risk here and there like Entz was. On one particular punt, I thought it was the perfect situation and position on the field for a fake by O'Kelly. Didn't happen.

Finally, one back, above all others, rose to prominence this season. Latrele got 8 totes yesterday, all in the second half. He should have had three times that many, starting from the first play of the game. Nooch threw 33 passes yesterday, mind-blowingly unnecessary. Riding on Latrele's ability, I figure the game should have been tied 21-all going into the second half. We outscored the smelly Bisons in the second half. Game, Dukes! And, Latrele would probably have added another touchdown or two. They couldn't stop him. We yanked defeat from the jaws of victory in Frisco yesterday.
01-12-2020 02:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.