Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Friday night: JMU bar?
Bookmark and Share
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
so where is the JMU watering hole going to be Friday night?

Scruffy Duffy's? Or is that an NDSU locale?

there was a bar around the way from Scruffy's we went to in 2017 when the line for SD was too long. That place was pretty cool and packed with JMU fans, but the name escapes me. Anyone know that place?

edit: answered my own question above. It was Henry's Tavern...but appears it is permanently closed now.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020 03:35 PM by Duke Dawg.)
01-08-2020 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMU_Newbill Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU & Whoever Plays VT
RE: Friday nigth: JMU bar?
(01-08-2020 03:31 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  so where is the JMU watering hole going to be Friday night?

there was a bar around the way from Scruffy's we went to in 2017 when the line for SD was too long. That place was pretty cool and packed with JMU fans, but the name escapes me. Anyone know that place?

edit: answered my own question above. It was Henry's Tavern...but appears it is permanently closed now.

Ringos (by Scruffie Duffys) is what you're thinking of. That whole town center area will be engulfed with NDSU folks. Concrete Cowboy and the area by the star is where people went last time and where people are being asked to go this year.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020 03:35 PM by JMU_Newbill.)
01-08-2020 03:35 PM
Chalupa Batman Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NDSU
(01-08-2020 03:35 PM)JMU_Newbill Wrote:  
(01-08-2020 03:31 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  so where is the JMU watering hole going to be Friday night?

Ringos (by Scruffie Duffys) is what you're thinking of. That whole town center area will be engulfed with NDSU folks. Concrete Cowboy and the area by the star is where people went last time and where people are being asked to go this year.

I said this in another thread but I think you guys should go anywhere you want, and not be worried if Bison fans are there. Every interaction I had with Duke fans 2 years ago (at Concrete Cowboy, tailgate before & after game) was awesome, and they all said that all the Bison fans they had met earlier were great. Same to all the Bison fans I talked to saying they liked all the Duke fans they had met.

Safe travels to all of you making the trip to Frisco!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
01-08-2020 04:10 PM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

RE: Friday night: JMU bar?
(01-08-2020 04:10 PM)Chalupa Batman Wrote:  

I said this in another thread but I think you guys should go anywhere you want, and not be worried if Bison fans are there. Every interaction I had with Duke fans 2 years ago (at Concrete Cowboy, tailgate before & after game) was awesome, and they all said that all the Bison fans they had met earlier were great. Same to all the Bison fans I talked to saying they liked all the Duke fans they had met.

not worried about running into Bizzzzzon fans. I'll gladly hang with them and be glad to offer them a beer

just want to hang with my people as well. :-)

I'm not angry like Purple ;-) we all want to win, but ultimately, it's all just a game and party. Supposed to be fun and that's what we will make of it.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020 04:17 PM by Duke Dawg.)
01-08-2020 04:15 PM
Chalupa Batman Offline
Water Engineer

(01-08-2020 04:15 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  
(01-08-2020 04:10 PM)Chalupa Batman Wrote:  

not worried about running into Bizzzzzon fans. I'll gladly hang with them and be glad to offer them a beer

just want to hang with my people as well. :-)

I can understand that. Tell everyone to come with you!

Although being one of the few Duke fans in a sea of green and gold isn’t all that bad either.

01-08-2020 04:21 PM
number16 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: jmu
The area by the Star will be mostly JMU post pep rally. Several new bars and restaurants there since 2017. I believe they are checking to see if the pep rally can go inside the Star which would be incredible.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020 04:31 PM by number16.)
01-08-2020 04:31 PM
Advertisement

lakesbison Offline

Ringos, Scruffys, Twin Peaks, Sambuca 360,Tight Ends and KO Sports bar will be HUGE NDSU hangouts, a few of them are actual boosters for NDSU.

So any other bar besides them works... and like they said, if I was a JMU fan, i'd wanna party with us, its a riot, there'll be zero attitude or fighting, etc. fun jolly drunks with oil money to throw around
01-08-2020 05:10 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
(01-08-2020 04:31 PM)number16 Wrote:  The area by the Star will be mostly JMU post pep rally. Several new bars and restaurants there since 2017. I believe they are checking to see if the pep rally can go inside the Star which would be incredible.
NDSU fans should be at their own pep rally at that time. Theirs is at the Comerica Center, which isn’t that far away.
01-08-2020 05:17 PM
lakesbison Offline

meh, the pep rally will only have 4000-5000 tops. most of us have seen enough of them will just continue to keep drinking at the bars.
01-08-2020 05:19 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
Friday night my crew of frat bros is meeting at Blue Goose as always. We usually see a few smelly Bisons there. Good folks if you can get past the stench.
01-08-2020 11:14 PM
olddawg Online
Hall of Famer

Wild Pitch still there?
01-08-2020 11:31 PM
Advertisement

lakesbison Offline

Twin Peaks girls already wearing the NDSU lingerie.

https://www.facebook.com/BisoNation1/
01-09-2020 12:02 AM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
Those girls would do anything for a buck, even wear Bison colors, only thing missing is the pole and crumpled up bills...07-coffee3
01-09-2020 05:53 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Love how cut-up t-shirts equals lingerie. Only in North Dakota...
01-09-2020 06:05 AM
DirtyDukes Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud!
(01-09-2020 06:05 AM)HyperDuke Wrote:  Love how cut-up t-shirts equals lingerie. Only in North Dakota...

Surprising, you'd think the French would know more about lingerie...
01-09-2020 10:35 AM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

the Bizzzzzon obsession with Breastaurants is borderline creepy.

it's like they never leave Fargo but once a year. Oh wait......that's probably fact.
01-09-2020 10:43 AM
Advertisement

Dukester Offline

(01-09-2020 10:43 AM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  the Bizzzzzon obsession with Breastaurants is borderline creepy.

it's like they never leave Fargo but once a year. Oh wait......that's probably fact.

Kinda matches their water Buffalo hats. 03-lmfao
01-09-2020 10:47 AM
lakesbison Offline

(01-09-2020 10:43 AM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  the Bizzzzzon obsession with Breastaurants is borderline creepy.

if you dont like skimpy outfits & tit-ta's are you even a man? get the heck outta here with that !
01-09-2020 11:12 AM
DirtyDukes Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud!
(01-09-2020 11:12 AM)lakesbison Wrote:  

if you dont like skimpy outfits & tit-ta's are you even a man? get the heck outta here with that !

LOL Bison gatekeeping masculinity
01-09-2020 11:14 AM
lakesbison Offline

dam right!!
01-09-2020 11:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.