Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Damion Baugh, DJs roommate, has not practiced with the flu
Bookmark and Share
JRR_IV Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Damion Baugh, DJs roommate, has not practiced with the flu
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2020 06:29 PM by JRR_IV.)
01-07-2020 03:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Damon Baugh, DJs roommate, has not practiced with the flu
I have a huge question and I'm sure others have it as well. If DJ has the flu why in the world was he sitting on bench Saturday?
01-07-2020 03:51 PM
croppi33 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
(01-07-2020 03:51 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  I have a huge question and I'm sure others have it as well. If DJ has the flu why in the world was he sitting on bench Saturday?

Hardaway stated on the coaches show yesterday evening that DJ wasn't feeling well in shoot around before the game tipped. The fact that he couldn't play due to illness was reported to him 30 minutes before game time. Hardaway stated he had to make quick adjustments due to the illness. Correct me if I misunderstood.
01-07-2020 03:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JRR_IV Offline
All American

(01-07-2020 03:51 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  I have a huge question and I'm sure others have it as well. If DJ has the flu why in the world was he sitting on bench Saturday?

The staff probably thought he wasn’t as sick as he might have been.
01-07-2020 03:58 PM
Unionman76 Offline
Heisman

doesnt the team get the flu shot
01-07-2020 04:01 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

Ever think of moving Baugh from the room before he caught DJ's flu?
01-07-2020 04:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(01-07-2020 04:01 PM)Unionman76 Wrote:  doesnt the team get the flu shot

Last year flu shots were only 29% effective. I think it's a little better this year since they guessed the strains better but it does not inoculate you.
01-07-2020 04:05 PM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(01-07-2020 04:02 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  Ever think of moving Baugh from the room before he caught DJ's flu?

Who's to say that they didn't.
01-07-2020 04:05 PM
Unionman76 Offline
Heisman

i would ban drew from practice
01-07-2020 04:07 PM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(01-07-2020 04:07 PM)Unionman76 Wrote:  i would ban drew from practice

Is he infecting people?
01-07-2020 04:08 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Good gosh you people like to read the worst possible conclusions into things. I've been sick with the flu for the last 11 days and didn't miss a day of work - luckily it hit over the holidays but I didn't lie around in bed all day. It hit with a quickness too, I was feeling fine the morning of the first day it hit me. I was field dressing a 9 point I shot and boom, out of the blue I felt like crap. Before I made it to the processor and then home I felt like death warmed over. So maybe, just maybe, it hit while he was there and it wasn't as if someone could just stop what they were doing and take him to his room.

Also, the worst case of the flu I ever had was the only year I got a flu shot.
01-07-2020 04:12 PM
Advertisement

SeñorTiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers
(01-07-2020 04:02 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  Ever think of moving Baugh from the room before he caught DJ's flu?

Most people are infectious and have the flu 24-48 hours before symptoms begin and typically are infectious for up 24 hours after the symptoms subside. You do not just get the flu and immediately feel ill... It would be much easier to quarantine and prevent if that were the case.
01-07-2020 04:17 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(01-07-2020 04:07 PM)Unionman76 Wrote:  i would ban drew from practice

Who is this Drew of whom you speak?
01-07-2020 04:17 PM
SeñorTiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers
(01-07-2020 04:12 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  Good gosh you people like to read the worst possible conclusions into things. I've been sick with the flu for the last 11 days and didn't miss a day of work - luckily it hit over the holidays but I didn't lie around in bed all day. It hit with a quickness too, I was feeling fine the morning of the first day it hit me. I was field dressing a 9 point I shot and boom, out of the blue I felt like crap. Before I made it to the processor and then home I felt like death warmed over. So maybe, just maybe, it hit while he was there and it wasn't as if someone could just stop what they were doing and take him to his room.

Hopefully you work by yourself and not around other people who have children or elderly parents they visit...
01-07-2020 04:18 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(01-07-2020 04:17 PM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  

Most people are infectious and have the flu 24-48 hours before symptoms begin and typically are infectious for up 24 hours after the symptoms subside. You do not just get the flu and immediately feel ill... It would be much easier to quarantine and prevent if that were the case.

According to my doctor buddy it's actually 24 hours after a fever breaks but since fever is one symptom I'll allow it. 02-13-banana
01-07-2020 04:19 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(01-07-2020 04:18 PM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  
(01-07-2020 04:12 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  Good gosh you people like to read the worst possible conclusions into things. I've been sick with the flu for the last 11 days and didn't miss a day of work - luckily it hit over the holidays but I didn't lie around in bed all day. It hit with a quickness too, I was feeling fine the morning of the first day it hit me. I was field dressing a 9 point I shot and boom, out of the blue I felt like crap. Before I made it to the processor and then home I felt like death warmed over. So maybe, just maybe, it hit while he was there and it wasn't as if someone could just stop what they were doing and take him to his room.

Hopefully you work by yourself and not around other people who have children or elderly parents they visit...

I work around a group of immune suppressed individuals who live in plastic bubbles I have to clean out every day. 03-lmfao As I said it hit over the holidays and by the time I returned to work - in the cigar store - my fever was gone so I'm pretty sure I didn't infect anyone. But thanks for your concern for the children and the elderly, it's commendable!
01-07-2020 04:23 PM
Advertisement

mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(01-07-2020 04:19 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

According to my doctor buddy it's actually 24 hours after a fever breaks but since fever is one symptom I'll allow it. 02-13-banana

Both are sort of true. You are contagious 24 hours prior to showing any symptoms but after you start showing symptoms you cough and it spreads faster.
01-07-2020 04:23 PM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators

just thinning the herd
01-07-2020 04:24 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(01-07-2020 04:24 PM)btiger Wrote:  

just thinning the herd

Goodness knows it could use some thinning around here. If they can't handle a paltry influenza virus they don't need to be around. #naturalselectionisabiatch #survivalofthefittest
01-07-2020 04:26 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(01-07-2020 04:23 PM)mairving Wrote:  
(01-07-2020 04:19 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

Both are sort of true. You are contagious 24 hours prior to showing any symptoms but after you start showing symptoms you cough and it spreads faster.

#coughcoughsneeze
01-07-2020 04:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.