Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Iraq Parliament votes to terminate intervention agreement with US
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dw.com/...a-51892888

So we killed a terrorist and get to bring troops home

This is not binding and does not make it so. The PM of Iraq supports this bill but I am not sure who gets to make the call
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020 10:58 AM by solohawks.)
01-05-2020 10:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
RE: Iraq Parliament votes to terminate intervention agreement with US
(01-05-2020 10:57 AM)solohawks Wrote:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dw.com/...a-51892888

This is not binding and does not make it so. The PM of Iraq supports this bill but I am not sure who gets to make the call

I hope we leave then. We have no business being there especially if their government wants us gone.
01-05-2020 12:07 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Before we leave we need to crack off the northern third of the country to create a new Kurd nation that will house a big azz US base. After we do that, Iraq can go back to it’s regularly scheduled civil war without us. Turkey and Iraqi can just deal with it.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020 12:21 PM by Attackcoog.)
01-05-2020 12:21 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
The vote was boycotted by the Sunnis and Kurds... I dont see anything coming of this other than more Iraqi infighting.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
01-05-2020 12:32 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(01-05-2020 10:57 AM)solohawks Wrote:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dw.com/...a-51892888

If not wanted?...Leave. If we stay?...kill more terrorists.07-coffee3
01-05-2020 01:01 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Leave. Cut off every cent of aid and hopefully everyone in the Middle East will all kill each other.
01-05-2020 01:08 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
It was a symbolic vote, like the Dems impeachment hearing.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020 02:58 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
01-05-2020 01:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
(01-05-2020 12:32 PM)maximus Wrote:  The vote was boycotted by the Sunnis and Kurds... I dont see anything coming of this other than more Iraqi infighting.

I did not know as the German news organization failed to mention. Thank you for sharing
01-05-2020 02:45 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(01-05-2020 12:32 PM)maximus Wrote:  The vote was boycotted by the Sunnis and Kurds... I dont see anything coming of this other than more Iraqi infighting.

I read the Sunni and Kurds were threatened by the Iranian backed militias and that's why they didnt show

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
01-05-2020 02:59 PM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Shi’a are the majority in Iraq... which leads us back to the insanity of Invading Iraq and removing the secular Ba’athists government. Iran, and it’s Shia led government, was always going to fill the vacuum. We’re still paying the price of W’s invasion and will do so for the next 100 years.
01-05-2020 03:00 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(01-05-2020 03:00 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Shi’a are the majority in Iraq... which leads us back to the insanity of Invading Iraq and removing the secular Ba’athists government. Iran, and it’s Shia led government, was always going to fill the vacuum. We’re still paying the price of W’s invasion and will do so for the next 100 years.

I'd say the real mistake was what we did after the capture and subsequent death of Saddam Hussein. What we should have done is to correct the errors made at San Remo by splitting Iraq into Kurdistan in the north, Shi'a Mesopotamia in the east, and Sunni Iraq in the west, and leave the Ba'athist government in place for Sunni Iraq.

I remember, shortly after the second Iraq war ended, Geraldo Rivera had just gone over to Fox and he took a camera crew to Baghdad to do a feature on Saddam's former palaces. His theme was to characterize the opulent lifestyle they represented, but my first thought was, "Why are these places still standing?" If you want to spur a popular uprising against a tyrannical leader, the first things you knock down are the secret police headquarters and any things that contribute to the tyrant's power, or the illusion of such power, such as palatial residences. Then it occurred to me, we intended to be an army of occupation, and we wanted these palaces for use by Bremer and other leaders as their living and working areas. We had the wrong approach, and for that reason we got the wrong answer.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020 03:41 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
01-05-2020 03:34 PM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
That's fine.. But they'll have to pay us for the base, we're not leaving them with a base.
01-06-2020 08:06 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(01-05-2020 03:00 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Shi’a are the majority in Iraq... which leads us back to the insanity of Invading Iraq and removing the secular Ba’athists government. Iran, and it’s Shia led government, was always going to fill the vacuum. We’re still paying the price of W’s invasion and will do so for the next 100 years.

You mean the one that a huge majority of congress critters on both sides of the aisle voted for?
01-06-2020 08:41 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(01-06-2020 08:41 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
You mean the one that a huge majority of congress critters on both sides of the aisle voted for?

The problem with our efforts in both Afghanistan and Iraq is that both were poorly conducted. We had no reason to spend 20 years occupying Afghanistan. Go in, kill everybody who needed killing (we still haven't done that), break everything that needs breaking (I'm not even sure we ever even knew the answer to that), GTFO, and stay TFO, except to make sure that whoever we leave in charge knows that we'll be back to kill them if they don't behave.

Don't go into Iraq until we had finished Afghanistan. Go into Iraq the same way, kill everybody who needs killing, break everything that needs breaking, fix the mistakes of San Remo by dividing the country into Kurdistan in the north, Shia Mesopotamia in the east, and Sunni Iraq in the west, GTFO, and stay TFO. Leave the Baathist power structure in place in Sunni Iraq. With Saudi assistance, they will very quickly ally with Sunni eastern Syria in a civil war against Assad. Let them. The Russians will intervene on the side of Assad. Let them.

Armies are good at killing people and breaking things, and bad at winning hearts and minds. So use them properly to do what they do best.
01-06-2020 08:58 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(01-06-2020 08:58 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(01-06-2020 08:41 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

The problem with our efforts in both Afghanistan and Iraq is that both were poorly conducted. We had no reason to spend 20 years occupying Afghanistan. Go in, kill everybody who needed killing (we still haven't done that), break everything that needs breaking (I'm not even sure we ever even knew the answer to that), GTFO, and stay TFO, except to make sure that whoever we leave in charge knows that we'll be back to kill them if they don't behave.

Don't go into Iraq until we had finished Afghanistan. Go into Iraq the same way, kill everybody who needs killing, break everything that needs breaking, fix the mistakes of San Remo by dividing the country into Kurdistan in the north, Shia Mesopotamia in the east, and Sunni Iraq in the west, GTFO, and stay TFO. Leave the Baathist power structure in place in Sunni Iraq. With Saudi assistance, they will very quickly ally with Sunni eastern Syria in a civil war against Assad. Let them. The Russians will intervene on the side of Assad. Let them.

Armies are good at killing people and breaking things, and bad at winning hearts and minds. So use them properly to do what they do best.

Hit em hard, hit em fast and break away clean isn't just for football.
01-06-2020 09:06 AM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(01-05-2020 01:08 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Leave. Cut off every cent of aid and hopefully everyone in the Middle East will all kill each other.

Lol

Damn
01-06-2020 02:07 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
So what could happen is that Trump gets us out of Iraq for good, and he killed the world's most sophisticated Terrorist and his inner circle. That is #winning!!!!!
01-06-2020 02:16 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
'pears the grand poobah mullah in chief was pretty broken up about this.

Proof positive this was a good kill. 07-coffee3
01-06-2020 04:52 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
Ole boy thought as the ayatollah did. Trump can’t do anything about it. To bad he went out like turning off a light switch. If I was aiming that Reaper I would have missed just enough to let him know Trump said hello.
01-06-2020 07:59 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Breaks my heart oh well, Good Luck Iraq we'll be sure the door hits you where Allah split you when we leave. 03-lmfao 03-nutkick 04-nuke
01-06-2020 08:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.