Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC Conference Basketball
Bookmark and Share
cincybb51 Offline
BEARCAT FOREVER

I Root For: UC,Bengals,
AAC Conference Basketball
Tulsa our opponent next week is defeating Temple in Tulsa by 18 at half. Hope they hold on because Temple already has a road win in conference play.

01-03-2020 10:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bcat1997 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: AAC Conference Basketball
I noticed Temple, Memphis and Wichita have top 20 defenses, but not great on offense, especially Temple on offense. I think if the Bearcats can get consistent offense that Brannen is trying to bring, we can beat these teams...good O beats good D.

01-03-2020 10:23 PM
Def Berkkat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
I don't think that Temple or UCF are going to be much of a threat this year. Mckie looks a little lost at this point and UCF just lost too much from last year's team.

SMU appears to be improved. However, our big threats are obviously Houston, Wichita and Memphis.

We've been a strange team this year. The three games in the islands aside, we really haven't been bad. We've just found ways to screw things up.

If we can get MAW and the Cumberland boys to start dropping in consistent dimes from the outside that will free things up inside for Vogt and Scott. Then the offense will start to roll and we can be a top team in the conference.

I also think that the AAC should suspend Jurreau from Houston and Quinones from Memphis for shorts violations. They remind me of going to Disney World and seeing all the Europeans there strolling to the pool in nothing but their flip flops, t-shirts and obscene speedos.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2020 08:54 AM by Def Berkkat.)
01-04-2020 08:52 AM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-04-2020 08:52 AM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  I also think that the AAC should suspend Jurreau from Houston and Quinones from Memphis for shorts violations. They remind me of going to Disney World and seeing all the Europeans there strolling to the pool in nothing but their flip flops, t-shirts and obscene speedos.

I actually took the family to a public pool in France in 2010. They wouldn't let my wife in because she didn't have a swimming suit, and they wouldn't let me in because I had American swimming trunks.

They were willing to rent me a speedo, but there was no way I was agreeing to that. So we waited outside the pool for two hours while our daughters got to swim with old French guys in speedos.

I think in 'Merica, we should ban speedos and force Europeans to wear trunks or to sit outside.

01-04-2020 09:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
This conference is wide open. New life for us if we can shoot the ball better than we did in the OOC.

01-04-2020 09:55 AM
Don't tase me bro Offline
Special Teams

The bottom is better, but the top is not as good. Lots of pretty good

Memphis looks like the only legit top 20 team right now.

01-04-2020 10:47 AM
Advertisement

Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
#24 Wichita St looks to be pretty decent. Good to see them bouncing back after a few down years. Good for the conference.

01-04-2020 11:30 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(01-04-2020 11:30 AM)Cat-Man Wrote:  #24 Wichita St looks to be pretty decent. Good to see them bouncing back after a few down years. Good for the conference.

1 down year

01-04-2020 11:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blackcattitude Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Blocktavious
I remember people going nuts in the early 90s over the long shorts.... now we've got people complaining that shorts are too SHORT. well, I'll be there

01-04-2020 12:03 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(01-04-2020 12:03 PM)blackcattitude Wrote:  I remember people going nuts in the early 90s over the long shorts.... now we've got people complaining that shorts are too SHORT. well, I'll be there

Never a bigger lock than older generation complaining about younger one

01-04-2020 12:31 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(01-04-2020 12:31 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(01-04-2020 12:03 PM)blackcattitude Wrote:  I remember people going nuts in the early 90s over the long shorts.... now we've got people complaining that shorts are too SHORT. well, I'll be there

Never a bigger lock than older generation complaining about younger one

Give me those white, color striped athletic socks all day long baby...

[Image: a248147faf938e42cfc63b9adff22c1c--sports...y-bird.jpg]

01-04-2020 12:35 PM
Advertisement

Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-04-2020 11:35 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(01-04-2020 11:30 AM)Cat-Man Wrote:  #24 Wichita St looks to be pretty decent. Good to see them bouncing back after a few down years. Good for the conference.

1 down year

I stand corrected. I guess 2017-18 just somehow felt like a down year for them considering their previous 6 year run and their pre-season expectations (ranked Top 10), with them finishing t-2nd in a bad AAC and them losing in the first round in the NCAA to 13 seed Marshall.

01-04-2020 12:44 PM
dsquare Offline
All American

Uconn losing again at Usf. You have to wonder where they look if this team falls apart in conference play. I'm sure they stick with Hurley in the short term, but so far he looks shaky.

01-04-2020 03:30 PM
dsquare Offline
All American

Bilas generous, has us still at #51.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket...version-20

01-06-2020 12:37 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

(01-04-2020 03:30 PM)dsquare Wrote:  Uconn losing again at Usf. You have to wonder where they look if this team falls apart in conference play. I'm sure they stick with Hurley in the short term, but so far he looks shaky.

I doubt UConn can afford his buyout at this point.

01-06-2020 12:54 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(01-04-2020 08:52 AM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  I don't think that Temple or UCF are going to be much of a threat this year. Mckie looks a little lost at this point and UCF just lost too much from last year's team.

SMU appears to be improved. However, our big threats are obviously Houston, Wichita and Memphis.

We've been a strange team this year. The three games in the islands aside, we really haven't been bad. We've just found ways to screw things up.

If we can get MAW and the Cumberland boys to start dropping in consistent dimes from the outside that will free things up inside for Vogt and Scott. Then the offense will start to roll and we can be a top team in the conference.

I also think that the AAC should suspend Jurreau from Houston and Quinones from Memphis for shorts violations. They remind me of going to Disney World and seeing all the Europeans there strolling to the pool in nothing but their flip flops, t-shirts and obscene speedos.

03-lmfao

01-06-2020 05:38 PM
Advertisement

cincybb51 Offline
BEARCAT FOREVER

I Root For: UC,Bengals,
Memphis young players look very rattled early in game at Wichita. Probably best to root for home team and hope that they split their games.

01-09-2020 07:19 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

So, the Tigers are going at it with the Shockers and someone will come out with their first conference loss. A long way to go but check out the conference standings as they stand now...

Houston 2-0
SMU 2-0
Memphis 1-0
Wichita St 1-0
CincinnatUH 2-1
ECU 1-1
Tulsa 1-1
UGone 1-2
South Florida 1-2
Temple 1-2
Tulane 1-2
UCF 0-3

01-09-2020 07:46 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Memphis went 1-13 from 3 in that 1st half. Some of their guys looked like the crazy road environment got to them a bit. We’ll see if they settle down and if this tightens up.

01-09-2020 08:10 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

Wichita taking control. They are a really solid club this year. In the Roundhouse, they are hard to beat.

01-09-2020 08:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.