Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fire McGrath - Official Thread
Bookmark and Share
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
I’ve had it. For the past couple years plus, I’ve been trying to be as optimistic as possible.

This guy is not even treading water. He’s sinking the program quicker than even Bennie Moss, who prior to McGrath I thought was the worse coach in program history.

McGrath needs to be fired as soon as tonight’s game is over. He should’ve been canned after the Vanderbilt game.

I don’t care how much money the program loses. Getting him out of the HC seat the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
12-28-2019 07:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

getmhawks Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UNCW
RE: Fire McGrath - Official Thread
I hear you. I honestly feel bad for him. This one’s completely on Jimmy. Good guy and I think he’s trying his damndest. I think Jimmy has to give him his chance to show the young guys can turn a corner midway through conference play. A lot of inexperience playing.

But I agree. The writing is on the wall. I hope he pulls something out of his hat and things turn around. But we can’t keep losing like this.
12-28-2019 08:26 PM
billthebighawksfan Offline
All American

I agree that it's premature to give up on the coach at this point. This is a very young team that didn't quit at all and worked hard in the 2nd half. They need a big defensive post man for sure next year and 1 more shooter right now, but 2 of our best shooters are hurt.
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2019 09:43 PM by billthebighawksfan.)
12-28-2019 08:55 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

(12-28-2019 08:55 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  I agree that it's premature to give up on the coach at this point. This is a very young team that didn't quit at all and worked hard in the 2nd half. They need a big defensive post man for sure next year and 1 more shooter right now, but 2 of our best shooters are hurt.

Oh come on with that premature to give up on him line. I’ve defended him for 2+ years saying to give him time and wait for “his players”. You know where that got me... let me break it down for you since you love it when people “really break things down”.

1. We have a 2-9 record and just got blown out wire to wire by a conference opponent to start the season, and yet another double digit loss.

2. I preached on here about giving CB more time to get his players. We’ve seen his players come. We’ve seen him not recruit a necessary big man when we don’t even have one. We’ve seen HIS recruits leave mid season two years in a row... one of them likely going to be the PG on the Japanese Olympic team, and a kid who set a conference record as a true freshman. Gone. So if we’re going to wait for more of “his players” we might as well get used to the fact that even the best ones he brings won’t want to stay.

3. We’re staring down the very real possibility of not winning another game this season. Why? Not because we have untalented players Bill. I know they can play. I know Sims has 1st Team Conference talent. I know Dodd is going to be a beast. I know Phillips is a huge talent at PG. what I also know is that McGrath can’t seem to coach talented players. He can’t scheme. He can’t adjust.

He’s beyond proved that he’s going to leave this program a dumpster fire. Sorry if you don’t see it. I’m tired of defending him and watching a team I love get destroyed. He needs to be canned. Yesterday.

12-28-2019 10:03 PM
All American

Freshmen and sophomores my man and lack a shot blocker plus 2 shooters hurt. You’re the moderator and starting threads like this? I just don’t see this at this point in time.
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2019 10:09 PM by billthebighawksfan.)
12-28-2019 10:06 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

(12-28-2019 10:06 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  Freshmen and sophomores my man.

Sure. I guess.

Enjoy clinging to a hope that McGrath can somehow turn his losing ways around.

I’ll just be over here watching the program burn.

12-28-2019 10:10 PM
Advertisement

Gary Miller Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNCW Seahawks
Dude can’t keep anyone in his program, that’s why he’s left with freshmen and sophomores. Get real, you’re delusional if you think that’s a legitimate excuse in year 3 at the helm.
12-28-2019 10:19 PM
All American

It’s tough right now with the injuries and youth. The staff really should have gotten 1 more big that was ready. That’s killing our defense and that is on this staff. If they don’t address that, then he has to go because that’s committing suicide. We all want to win CG!
12-28-2019 10:22 PM
All American

Let’s be civil and constructive here Gary. I’m not happy with losing either but it’s just my opinion that it’s not time yet.
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2019 10:27 PM by billthebighawksfan.)
12-28-2019 10:26 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

(12-28-2019 10:22 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  It’s tough right now with the injuries and youth. The staff really should have gotten 1 more big that was ready. That’s killing our defense and that is on this staff. If they don’t address that, then he has to go because that’s committing suicide. We all want to win CG!

If they don’t address that?

News flash. They didn’t address it. They chose to give the scholarship to a walk on that doesn’t even play.

They should be fired for incompetence and financial waste.

I realize we all want to win. However, most of us here have already arrived to the point of acknowledging McGrath isn’t a winner and the longer he sticks around the worse it is for this team and program.

12-28-2019 10:53 PM
bricksnivy Offline
All American

(12-28-2019 10:26 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  Let’s be civil and constructive here Gary. I’m not happy with losing either but it’s just my opinion that it’s not time yet.

I think at this point, Bass should evaluate the direction the program is heading and make a decision. Rationalizing results based on circumstances is an excuse. If we evaluate the essential qualifications of a HC, recruiting, developing, philosophy and in-game coaching, etc., what are CB’s strengths and weaknesses, and has he demonstrated excellence in multiple areas?
12-28-2019 10:53 PM
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

(12-28-2019 10:26 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  Let’s be civil and constructive here Gary. I’m not happy with losing either but it’s just my opinion that it’s not time yet.

When is that time?

You waiting for a season in which we don’t win any games at all? Doesn’t seem too far off if that’s your metric.

12-28-2019 10:54 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

(12-28-2019 10:53 PM)bricksnivy Wrote:  

I think at this point, Bass should evaluate the direction the program is heading and make a decision. Rationalizing results based on circumstances is an excuse. If we evaluate the essential qualifications of a HC, recruiting, developing, philosophy and in-game coaching, etc., what are CB’s strengths and weaknesses, and has he demonstrated excellence in multiple areas?

Recruiting... C (I would’ve given him a A- or B+ here, but not recruiting a big at all in 3 years... THREE YEARS has destroyed any hope of defense this team had once Cacok graduated.)

Developing... D

Philosophy... F (“They hit some tough shots.”)

In Game Coaching... F- / Not Attempted

That’s my honest assessment of him.

12-28-2019 10:59 PM
tke75hawk Offline
1st String

I Root For: uncw
Since he has been at uncw 9 players have transferred out. I did not like this hire and hoped he would win and he has not won. I just wish we had the money to let him go and start over with a new coach.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
12-28-2019 11:06 PM
Uncw3 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Uncw
(12-28-2019 10:59 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  

Recruiting... C (I would’ve given him a A- or B+ here, but not recruiting a big at all in 3 years... THREE YEARS has destroyed any hope of defense this team had once Cacok graduated.)

Developing... D

Philosophy... F (“They hit some tough shots.”)

In Game Coaching... F- / Not Attempted

That’s my honest assessment of him.

Developing...D?

Who is better now than when they arrived? I mean by coaching that is.
12-28-2019 11:06 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-28-2019 10:06 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  Freshmen and sophomores my man and lack a shot blocker plus 2 shooters hurt. You’re the moderator and starting threads like this? I just don’t see this at this point in time.

Who’s fault is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-29-2019 12:29 AM
Advertisement

HAWKING Offline
2nd String

(12-28-2019 10:03 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  
(12-28-2019 08:55 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  I agree that it's premature to give up on the coach at this point. This is a very young team that didn't quit at all and worked hard in the 2nd half. They need a big defensive post man for sure next year and 1 more shooter right now, but 2 of our best shooters are hurt.

Oh come on with that premature to give up on him line. I’ve defended him for 2+ years saying to give him time and wait for “his players”. You know where that got me... let me break it down for you since you love it when people “really break things down”.

1. We have a 2-9 record and just got blown out wire to wire by a conference opponent to start the season, and yet another double digit loss.

2. I preached on here about giving CB more time to get his players. We’ve seen his players come. We’ve seen him not recruit a necessary big man when we don’t even have one. We’ve seen HIS recruits leave mid season two years in a row... one of them likely going to be the PG on the Japanese Olympic team, and a kid who set a conference record as a true freshman. Gone. So if we’re going to wait for more of “his players” we might as well get used to the fact that even the best ones he brings won’t want to stay.

3. We’re staring down the very real possibility of not winning another game this season. Why? Not because we have untalented players Bill. I know they can play. I know Sims has 1st Team Conference talent. I know Dodd is going to be a beast. I know Phillips is a huge talent at PG. what I also know is that McGrath can’t seem to coach talented players. He can’t scheme. He can’t adjust.

He’s beyond proved that he’s going to leave this program a dumpster fire. Sorry if you don’t see it. I’m tired of defending him and watching a team I love get destroyed. He needs to be canned. Yesterday.

Moderator summed it up perfectly. In addition, 9 transfers, bad record, and program in tatters. Feel bad for the young men that want to be coached and are trying to compete. If CB McGrath is in charge next year again ya'll should be pointing the finger at Bass.
12-29-2019 08:18 AM
HAWKING Offline
2nd String

Astute point.
12-29-2019 08:19 AM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
McGrath sucks. Not debatable. Nice guy, over his head.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2019 08:28 AM by 82hawk.)
12-29-2019 08:25 AM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
Due to finances, he will be here next season like it or not
12-29-2019 08:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.