Defensive consistency
Bookmark and Share
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Defensive consistency
Toledo MBB Points given up in games won:

Points given up in losses:

Regardless of outcome...we play similar defense! We have an offensive coach and when the offense struggles... we lose!

How about coach defense? Then you can win defensive games at least? We can't win low scoring games...We are in-able to play defense at the rim...

At the end of the day we have an average offense with a below average D.

In years past with Coach K he's coached up good offenses compared to below average even BAD defenses which has gotten us to above .500 records.

After 10 years the strategy must change...
12-28-2019 04:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

adunifon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Defensive consistency
I don’t think I agree with this. We give up nearly 8 points more per game in losses.

66.57 vs 74.4

scoring defense is consistently better in victories.

You should win most games when you hold opponents under 70.
12-29-2019 07:52 AM
Advertisement

emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Defensive consistency
I think this season rises or lowers based on our bench play and anyone not named Jackson, or Knapke. If some of our starters are having an off night, someone has to pick up the slack. Not having a true back up point guard is very evident as the season progresses. I forsee an entertaining MAC season, but no trip to the dance.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
12-29-2019 08:59 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
RE: Defensive consistency
(12-29-2019 07:52 AM)adunifon Wrote:  I don’t think I agree with this. We give up nearly 8 points more per game in losses.

66.57 vs 74.4

scoring defense is consistently better in victories.

You should win most games when you hold opponents under 70.

It's not the point differential that's a problem, it's that we have an offensive minded coach...and when the offense doesn't click, we've never changed strategy's to overcome the lack of scoring.

I don't think this team is offensively gifted. Not compared to a team with Sanford and Navagato. So we should start pressing and teaching some other zones or strategys now so when teams bog us down, we can stay in the game with hard lock down of our own.

I don't think this team should be offensively coached. With guys like littleson, Luke, and Jackson we actually are decently athletic and SHOULD be able to play good defense. This team shouldn't need to to rely on 75ppg.
12-29-2019 01:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.