Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB hoops recruiting
Bookmark and Share
pvk75 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, MAC
WBB hoops recruiting
Checked back through November and I couldn't find this posted anywhere. We had a pretty good converse going on the "Compass Challenge" thread ... made me curious with all the fb signing hoopla if wbb did anything. So here it is, courtesy of wbbblog.com and https://niuhuskies.com/news/2019/11/14/n...eriod.aspx **:

Sydney McCrea, 5-10, G, Prairie HS (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) committed to NIU 8/26/2019

Jayden Marable, 5-6, PG, Bolingbrook HS (Bolingbrook, Il.) committed to NIU 7/27/2019

Offered: Kelby Bannerman, 6-1, F, Hampshire HS (Hampshire, Ill.), Class of 2021. Other offers: Davidson (per her Twitter page)

** Wasn't posted on official NIU website until 11/14/2019.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2020 11:00 PM by pvk75.)
12-25-2019 06:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

62423dp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
RE: WBB signs 2
(12-25-2019 06:09 PM)pvk75 Wrote:  Checked back through November and I couldn't find this posted anywhere. We had a pretty good converse going on the "Compass Challenge" thread ... made me curious with all the fb signing hoopla if wbb did anything. So here it is, courtesy of wbbblog.com and https://niuhuskies.com/news/2019/11/14/n...eriod.aspx **:

Sydney McCrea, 5-10, G, Prairie HS (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) committed to NIU 8/26/2019

Jayden Marable, 5-6, PG, Bolingbrook HS (Bolingbrook, Il.) committed to NIU 7/27/2019

Offered: Kelby Bannerman, 6-1, F, Hampshire HS (Hampshire, Ill.), Class of 2021. Other offers: Davidson (per her Twitter page)

** Wasn't posted on official NIU website until 11/14/2019.
Still no true post depth. My head hurts from the inept recruiting and coaching in this department.

LET’S GET MORE GUARDS!
12-25-2019 11:53 PM
pvk75 Offline
All American

Well, my fellow board (bored?) wbb fan, if that's the case then you're just going to go all warm and fuzzy over this ... it took some work, but courtesy of wbbblog, which tracks such things nation-wide, these are where the best "bigs" (6-0-plus) in Illinois are going ...

I say "best" because these are who the listed schools went after, and you'll notice teams like #2 Oregon, Wisconsin, Iowa State and LSU in there. Also, from our own beloved MAC, Bowling Green and Miami-Ohio. Illinois State (which beat NIU this year) got greedy and took two. Davidson (Davidson!) even beat NIU to the 6-1 player from Hampshire right down the road (tho she's not committed yet). And Iowa State got one from right there in Sycamore. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

By the way, by my count, there are 5 NIU players for whom this is the last season. So there's still time and space.

BRADLEY
Isis Fitch, 6-1, Homewood-Flossmoor
BOWLING GREEN
Olivia Hill, 6-0, Fremd (Palatine, Il.)
COLGATE
Lindsay Blackmore, 6-0, Geneva (committed in Feb.)
DENVER
Mya Johanson, 6-2, Herscher
ILLINOIS STATE
Fantasia Baines, 6-1, Thornwood
Kate Bullman, 6-2, Grayslake Central
IOWA STATE
Kylie Feuerbach, 6-0, Sycamore
LSU
Treasure Thompson, 6-3, Bolingbrook
MIAMI-OHIO
Jada Duckett, 6-2, Morgan Park
MURRAY STATE
Katelyn Young, 6-1, Oakwood (Fithian, Il.)
NORTH CAROLINA CENTRAL
Morgan Callahan, 6-2, Zion-Benton
PURDUE-FORT WAYNE
Zoe Ketterman 6-1, Rosary (Aurora)
RICHMOND
Addie Budnik, 6-1, Highland Park
OREGON
Angela Dugalic, 6-4, Maine West
SOUTHEAST MISSOURI
Ambrea Phillips-Gentle, 6-2, Evanston Township
WISCONSIN
Halle Douglass, 6-1, Lake Forest
Brooke Schramek, 6-1, Benet Academy
WRIGHT STATE
Diamond Stokes, 6-3, Simeon

Note: In all fairness, I do not know if Northern made any offers to any of the above.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2019 03:34 AM by pvk75.)
12-26-2019 02:16 AM
HOF 08 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Excuse me pvk75 but it appears you forgot to post our commitments from the list..... On a serious note thank you for the info.
12-26-2019 09:31 AM
Advertisement

pvk75 Offline
All American

I did post them. NIU's commits (2) from anywhere are in the OP. I also added an offer made to an Illinois player (uncommitted) from h.s. class of 2021.

The longer list was cherry-picked from wbbblog, showing where Illinois commits 6-0 and taller from the h.s. class of 2020 are going, as it says. Recall on the "Challenge" thread we were talking about Northern's need for more recruiting and some more talented, taller post players. NIU did not get commits from any 6-0-plus players in Illinois, or anywhere else.

Hopefully that will change.

(I probably could have made that more clear, but the list posting was getting longer and longer and ...)
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2019 11:45 AM by pvk75.)
12-26-2019 11:35 AM
62423dp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
Good info. Thank you.
Guards!
Guards!
Guards!
12-26-2019 12:07 PM
HOF 08 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(12-26-2019 11:35 AM)pvk75 Wrote:  I did post them. NIU's commits (2) from anywhere are in the OP. I also added an offer made to an Illinois player (uncommitted) from h.s. class of 2021.

The longer list was cherry-picked from wbbblog, showing where Illinois commits 6-0 and taller from the h.s. class of 2020 are going, as it says. Recall on the "Challenge" thread we were talking about Northern's need for more recruiting and some more talented, taller post players. NIU did not get commits from any 6-0-plus players in Illinois, or anywhere else.

Hopefully that will change.

(I probably could have made that more clear, but the list posting was getting longer and longer and ...)

I was being facetious and talking about 6’0” plus listing but thanks anyway
12-26-2019 01:11 PM
pvk75 Offline
All American

Since there's a running thread on MBB recruiting, am updating this one...

According to Daily Chronicle, NIU has extended an offer to Sycamore sophomore guard Faith Feuerbach, 6-0, Class of 2022, whose sister Kylie, a senior, has committted to Iowa State.

Update: DC reports that another NIU offeree, Kelby Bannerman, a 6-1 forward at Hampshire HS, Class of 2021, has a ton of offers now since we posted this back in December.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2020 10:59 PM by pvk75.)
01-23-2020 10:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.