Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stadium expansion? ESPNU reference.
Bookmark and Share
CharlestonDuke Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU
Exclamation Stadium expansion? ESPNU reference.
During the semi-final game, one of the ESPNU announcers mentioned the stadium was going to be completed / expanded beginning in the next couple of years. Was this just speculation or has anyone seen anything concrete? I used the search function before asking this question (along with google) and came up short. The last thread seems to have been debating two hypothetical plans and then ultimate digressed into arguing about money.
12-22-2019 08:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DukeDogDisciple Offline
Water Engineer

RE: Stadium expansion? ESPNU reference.
From Kevin Warner FB post:
Good evening, I serve as JMU Athletics spokesperson. When the stadium expansion started in 2009, there was conceptual artwork of what an expanded East Side could look like in the future, but there are currently no plans to expand Bridgeforth in the near future. Recent attendance trends have proven a good match for current capacity. Expansion reports during the ESPNU broadcast were erroneous.
12-22-2019 08:37 AM
CharlestonDuke Offline
Special Teams

(12-22-2019 08:37 AM)DukeDogDisciple Wrote:  From Kevin Warner FB post:
Good evening, I serve as JMU Athletics spokesperson. When the stadium expansion started in 2009, there was conceptual artwork of what an expanded East Side could look like in the future, but there are currently no plans to expand Bridgeforth in the near future. Recent attendance trends have proven a good match for current capacity. Expansion reports during the ESPNU broadcast were erroneous.

Thanks. Was this his personal FB or posted within a group?
12-22-2019 08:53 AM
DukeDogDisciple Offline
Water Engineer

[/quote]
Thanks. Was this his personal FB or posted within a group?
[/quote]

It was a response to a question similar to yours posed in the JMU nation group last night
12-22-2019 09:17 AM
Advertisement

2Buck Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
Those announcers were making up all kinds of sh!t yesterday, especially the color guy (I see a political office in his future). He acted like he's been following our team and individual players for years but was often incorrectly generalizing.

The best comment was when one of them basically said "it was great to turn on the TV this morning and finally see college football back after a couple weeks off" neglecting to acknowledge FCS has been playing the past couple weeks.
12-22-2019 11:51 AM
Dignan Offline
1st String

Yeah those announcers sucked.
12-22-2019 12:32 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-22-2019 12:32 PM)Dignan Wrote:  Yeah those announcers sucked.

At least it wasn't Beth Mowins. I believe it was her shrill voice I heard during Appy's Bowl game last night.
12-22-2019 12:38 PM
Advertisement

JMU85 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes of JMU
(12-22-2019 12:38 PM)olddawg Wrote:  
(12-22-2019 12:32 PM)Dignan Wrote:  Yeah those announcers sucked.

At least it wasn't Beth Mowins. I believe it was her shrill voice I heard during Appy's Bowl game last night.
She is the worst. Doris Burke is almost as bad but I don't watch the NBA.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
12-22-2019 05:57 PM
CaryNCDuke Offline
Special Teams

Stadium expansion? ESPNU reference.
Can we add Fake News to the thread title? So we stop getting questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-22-2019 06:00 PM
Madison 91 Forever Offline
1st String

These are the same announcers who stated that the Ratke FG attempt at the end of the first half (the one that was called off because of the Weber timeout) "had the distance." Right. It was about 10 yards short.
12-23-2019 07:21 AM
Advertisement

Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

Something like this too could've been a conversation one of our athletic administrators may have had with one of them. It could've gone like:

Announcer: "oh, will you all complete the other side of the stadium".
JMU: "there are conceptual designs for the stadium's completion but construction and funding has not yet been authorized".
Announcers on the broadcast: "Guys, they're expanding it!"
12-23-2019 08:05 AM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
(12-23-2019 07:21 AM)Madison 91 Forever Wrote:  These are the same announcers who stated that the Ratke FG attempt at the end of the first half (the one that was called off because of the Weber timeout) "had the distance." Right. It was about 10 yards short.

That’s true, they said “it was wide right but looked like it had the distance”. I’m guessing they didn’t watch the play live but watched the feed, because the camera angle was behind the endzone and oddly it looked like they called it. They redeemed themselves quickly though when Herzlich said you got a 6’5” WR in Stapleton and should throw it up to him, which is exactly what happened.
12-23-2019 08:08 AM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
(12-23-2019 08:05 AM)Potomac Wrote:  Something like this too could've been a conversation one of our athletic administrators may have had with one of them. It could've gone like:

Announcer: "oh, will you all complete the other side of the stadium".
JMU: "there are conceptual designs for the stadium's completion but construction and funding has not yet been authorized".
Announcers on the broadcast: "Guys, they're expanding it!"
You’re certainly right. They come a day or two before the game and sit down with the staff and ask questions to come up with notes for the game. I’m sure somebody said hey you got a great looking stadium but it’s lopsided, ever consider finishing the other side? And they ran with the answer they got.
12-23-2019 08:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.