Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tari Eason Commits
Bookmark and Share
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
Tari Eason Commits
No surprise, all.signs seemed to point to this. Despite the loss last night, this is still good news. Eason is a legit 4 that fits Brannen's style, as he can put it on the floor and has 3point range.

https://247sports.com/college/cincinnati...140979388/

12-22-2019 08:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Don't tase me bro Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Tari Eason Commits
(12-22-2019 08:25 AM)jarr Wrote:  No surprise, all.signs seemed to point to this. Despite the loss last night, this is still good news. Eason is a legit 4 that fits Brannen's style, as he can put it on the floor and has 3point range.

https://247sports.com/college/cincinnati...140979388/

"The main factors that have always stood out to Eason about the Cincinnati program and coaching staff include the up-tempo offense that emphasizes pace..."

Never thought I would see Cincinnati and up-tempo in the same sentence.

12-22-2019 09:19 AM
bcat1997 Offline
All American

Nice. Brannen lands a good one.

12-22-2019 12:32 PM
C1ncy4Life Offline
All American

Brannen continues to show his recruiting chops. Second straight class where he has landed a legit 4 Star prospect. I know we are going through some growing pains currently, but we may be better for it in the long run if he can continue to land top recruits that fit his system.

12-22-2019 12:47 PM
Tymanh99 Offline

I Root For: .
Donators
eason is a stud. huge get for CJB. saunders and MAW backcourt is going to be really fun.

madsens will bring skills + swagger that mostly everyone from this year's squad is missing.

future is bright.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2019 02:32 PM by Tymanh99.)
12-22-2019 02:32 PM
converrl Offline
All American

I Root For:
Wait...I thought Cronin and his supporters here said 4-star recruits were NEVER coming back to Clifton??

What happened?

Maybe we have a coach that gives a sh!t?

12-22-2019 05:06 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Cronin and his supporters said that? Link? Sounds kinda newsworthy that Cronin said that.

Great pickup at a huge position of need.

12-22-2019 06:34 PM
converrl Offline
All American

I Root For:
(12-22-2019 06:34 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Cronin and his supporters said that? Link? Sounds kinda newsworthy that Cronin said that.

Great pickup at a huge position of need.

recruit rankings were "for the fans"...just like the post-season was "for the fans"....I seem to remember that quite well..

12-22-2019 10:23 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
So you embellished about Cronin saying 4 stars were never coming here. Cool.

12-23-2019 12:12 AM
converrl Offline
All American

I Root For:
(12-23-2019 12:12 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  So you embellished about Cronin saying 4 stars were never coming here. Cool.

He also stated in his initial UCLA interview that he "couldn't recruit to Cincinnati". Something that really endeared him to the fanbase here.

He's a 4-star...

Jerk.

12-23-2019 06:53 AM
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(12-22-2019 12:47 PM)C1ncy4Life Wrote:  Brannen continues to show his recruiting chops. Second straight class where he has landed a legit 4 Star prospect. I know we are going through some growing pains currently, but we may be better for it in the long run if he can continue to land top recruits that fit his system.

Over the course of Cronin's tenure at UC he averaged one 4-star player per class and he landed a couple of 5-star players as well. I don't see Brannen's recruiting thus far as anything different than what we had for the past dozen years.

12-23-2019 08:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OKIcat Offline
Heisman

Eason appears to be a great fit for Brannen's offensive style of play. I've never seen him play but at his weight I'm guessing he's more of a finesse player? Do others feel as I do, that there is still a need for some rugged rebounder on this squad who can take and hold position down low in the paint?

12-23-2019 08:49 AM
natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
(12-23-2019 08:04 AM)nachoman91 Wrote:  
(12-22-2019 12:47 PM)C1ncy4Life Wrote:  Brannen continues to show his recruiting chops. Second straight class where he has landed a legit 4 Star prospect. I know we are going through some growing pains currently, but we may be better for it in the long run if he can continue to land top recruits that fit his system.

Over the course of Cronin's tenure at UC he averaged one 4-star player per class and he landed a couple of 5-star players as well. I don't see Brannen's recruiting thus far as anything different than what we had for the past dozen years.

Hmmm Cronin 15ish classes (many in the greatest bball conference of all time) to Brannen's 2 classes ranked in order:

1) Lance Stephenson-Cronin, you could argue he wasn't worth the 1 year if you wanted to (Big East)
2) Jermaine Lawrence-Cronin, Dud, lasted 1 year (Recruited while we were in Big East)
3) Yancy Gates-Cronin (Big East)
4) Zach Harvey-Brannen
5) Jarron Cumberland-Cronin
6) Anthony McClain-Cronin, Dud (Big East)
7) Cashmere Wright-Cronin (Big East)
8) Darnell Wilks-Cronin, Dudish (Big East)
9) Gary Clark-Cronin
10) Tari Eason-Brannen
11) Jermaine Sanders- Cronin, Dudish (Big East)

Lets break it down to top 5 guys for Cronin's classes in the American without the first year and Louisville (Jermaine Lawrence) and 2 classes of Brannen:

1) Zach Harvey-Brannen
2) Jarron Cumberland-Cronin
3) Gary Clark- Cronin
4) Tari Eason-Brannen
5) Keith Williams-Cronin

Within 1 month of landing the job he landed the highest recruit we've had in since joining the American conference.

And considering MAW looks to be our best point guard since Cashmere Wright, I am very optimistic on his recruiting abilities. Saunders looks like a great grab as well. I am not sold on the Madsen brothers, but we will see.

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2019 09:41 AM by natibeast21.)
12-23-2019 09:37 AM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
Way too early to tell. Cronin's recruiting clearly fell off the last few years. Maybe it was bad luck with the kind of guys he's had success with in the past. I don't know. I'm very encouraged by what Brannen did this past offseason and the current class coming in, but until these guys are on campus, playing and developing it's really hard to say.

12-23-2019 09:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
(12-23-2019 09:37 AM)natibeast21 Wrote:  

Hmmm Cronin 15ish classes (many in the greatest bball conference of all time) to Brannen's 2 classes ranked in order:

1) Lance Stephenson-Cronin, you could argue he wasn't worth the 1 year if you wanted to (Big East)
2) Jermaine Lawrence-Cronin, Dud, lasted 1 year (Recruited while we were in Big East)
4) Zach Harvey-Brannen
9) Gary Clark-Cronin
10) Tari Eason-Brannen

Lets break it down to top 5 guys for Cronin's classes in the American without the first year and Louisville (Jermaine Lawrence) and 2 classes of Brannen:

1) Zach Harvey-Brannen
3) Gary Clark- Cronin
4) Tari Eason-Brannen
5) Keith Williams-Cronin

Within 1 month of landing the job he landed the highest recruit we've had in since joining the American conference.

And considering MAW looks to be our best point guard since Cashmere Wright, I am very optimistic on his recruiting abilities. Saunders looks like a great grab as well. I am not sold on the Madsen brothers, but we will see.

Surely Jacob Evans has to be up there.

12-23-2019 10:00 AM
dubcat14 Offline
1st String

4) Zach Harvey-Brannen
9) Gary Clark-Cronin
10) Tari Eason-Brannen

1) Zach Harvey-Brannen
3) Gary Clark- Cronin
4) Tari Eason-Brannen
5) Keith Williams-Cronin

Comparing classes seems to be an annual thing after what we've seen Brannen do with his first few.. Another way to look at it is who were the premier guys in each class or how many top roughly 200 guys were in each class. Cronin seemed to favor one sometimes two quick impact guys in each class and then did a lot with projects, sometimes found gems, sometimes didn't. His best years on paper were 2014-2016. Undoubtedly, 2017 and 2018 were problems. At the very least, Brannen's first two classes gets us back to the '14-'16 range and its good to know we were very close on top talent this year.

2020: Tari Eason (#122), Gabe Madsen (#187), Mike Saunders (#190)
2019: Zach Harvey (#49), Mikka Adams-Woods (#244)
2018: Logan Johnson (#192)
2017: Keith Williams (#128), Mamoudou Diarra (#198)
2016: Jarron Cumberland (#56)
2015: Jacob Evans (#130), Justin Jenifer (#153)
2014: Gary Clark (#90), Quadri Moore (#125) lol
2013: Jermaine Lawrence (#24) lol, Kevin Johnson (#138), Troy Caupian (#212)
2012: Titus Rubles (#7 JUCO)
2011: Shaq Thomas (#83), Jermaine Sanders (#115), Octavius Ellis (#211)
2010: Justin Jackson (#157)
2009: Lance Stephenson (#9), JaQuon Parker (#174)

12-23-2019 10:17 AM
Advertisement

dubcat14 Offline
1st String

..off topic but thinking about player impact trajectory, I think MAW will end up very similar to Troy Caupain.. both came in mid to low 200s in rankings...

obviously a bit different styles as Troy was a facilitator and MAW seems like more of a combo guard but as far as output, I could see them having a very similar 4 year impact. By the end of it all, MAW may finish with a bit more points from higher percentage shooting than TC. With MAW's shooting numbers could also see him sliding down to 2-guard sharing the court with Mike Saunders.

Troy didn't start at all as a freshman but averaged 19 minutes a game and averaged:
5.4 ppg
2.2 apg
32.8% 3P%
38.0% FG%
78.4% FT%
~2:1 A:TO ratio

MAW 2 starts in 11 games and looks like he'll most likely be starting the rest of the season averaging 18.8 minutes a game.
6.5 ppg
1.1 apg
55.0% 3P%
56.1% FG%
88.2% FT%
~1:1 A:TO ratio

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2019 10:31 AM by dubcat14.)
12-23-2019 10:29 AM
cincybb51 Offline
BEARCAT FOREVER

I Root For: UC,Bengals,
Junior year highlights!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFfxlgT9mI8

Could it be his mom at about the 50 second mark?

12-23-2019 10:30 AM
CallMeSlim Offline
2nd String

(12-23-2019 09:46 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Way too early to tell. Cronin's recruiting clearly fell off the last few years. Maybe it was bad luck with the kind of guys he's had success with in the past. I don't know. I'm very encouraged by what Brannen did this past offseason and the current class coming in, but until these guys are on campus, playing and developing it's really hard to say.

The big thing with next years class, and its something we haven't seen here in a while, is the depth of it. You can see what Brannen wants to build. Athletic versatile PF, wing thats a great scorer and shooter, hyper-athletic pg that can push the pace, sharp shooter guard who might take time to develop and might struggle on the defensive side (Jaevin out of high school basically).

It's really the first time I've been excited for multiple guys in a class in a while. It appears to be a really good starting block for Brannen's time here.

12-23-2019 10:32 AM
natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
(12-23-2019 10:00 AM)BcatMatt13 Wrote:  

4) Zach Harvey-Brannen
9) Gary Clark-Cronin
10) Tari Eason-Brannen

1) Zach Harvey-Brannen
3) Gary Clark- Cronin
4) Tari Eason-Brannen
5) Keith Williams-Cronin

Surely Jacob Evans has to be up there.

He would be next up after Keith Williams for guys we recruited in the American conference.

I also made a mistake. Alvin Mitchell, Dud (Big East) is ahead of Jermaine Sanders for Cronin recruits so he would be #11 in first list.

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2019 10:45 AM by natibeast21.)
12-23-2019 10:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.