Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB: Lady Dukes travel to GW (Fri, 7pm, ESPN+)
Bookmark and Share
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
MyBB WBB: Lady Dukes travel to GW (Fri, 7pm, ESPN+)
This might be the toughest test remaining for the Good Gals in the regular season. GW (6-4) has a current RPI of 91. They have played a challenging schedule.

Of the other 9 CAA teams, only W&M (7-2 ) and Drexel (6-4) currently have winning records in the pre-CAA portion of the schedule.

The Dukes will have to know where GW's 5'6" R-Fr. Guard, Tori Hyduke, is at all times. She's shooting just under 50% from outside the arc (48.9%). GW as a team is a terrible FT shooting team (58.9%).

Game will be streamed live via ESPN+. Win this road game and the Dukes have a legit shot at finishing the regular season 27-2.

Go Dukes!!
12-19-2019 10:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

2Buck Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
RE: WBB: Lady Dukes travel to GW (Fri, 7pm, ESPN+)
(12-19-2019 10:37 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  This might be the toughest test remaining for the Good Gals in the regular season. GW (6-4) has a current RPI of 91. They have played a challenging schedule.

Of the other 9 CAA teams, only W&M (7-2 ) and Drexel (6-4) currently have winning records in the pre-CAA portion of the schedule.

The Dukes will have to know where GW's 5'6" R-Fr. Guard, Tori Hyduke, is at all times. She's shooting just under 50% from outside the arc (48.9%). GW as a team is a terrible FT shooting team (58.9%).

Game will be streamed live via ESPN+. Win this road game and the Dukes have a legit shot at finishing the regular season 27-2.

Go Dukes!!

If it weren't for a couple of with poor shooting games, the ladies would be undefeated against an impressive national OOC schedule. Lots of seniors this year but there's also some promising youth to look forward to.
12-19-2019 10:57 AM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Wife and I will be heading over to GW for tomorrow nights game. Hope to see some purple and gold in the stands ROOTIN!!

Brian
12-19-2019 11:32 AM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Game Day!!!!

Wife and I will soon be heading out for the run to DC for tonights game. Hope to see some JMU fans there tonight!!

Go Dukes!!

Brian
12-20-2019 03:08 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Good Gals up by 5, 37-32, at the half. Led by double digits for much of the half. Halftime margin is about as close as it has been so far.

Dukes have just got to find the outside shooters. GW has 2 of them. Their entire offense it seems.
12-20-2019 07:44 PM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Strong win by the Good Gals tonight. It got close late in the 2Q and into much of the 3Q, but the Dukes took control and blew GW away in the 4Q.

8-2 on the season. Nice!
12-20-2019 09:41 PM
JMU1987UVA1998 Offline
1st String

(12-20-2019 09:41 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  Strong win by the Good Gals tonight. It got close late in the 2Q and into much of the 3Q, but the Dukes took control and blew GW away in the 4Q.

8-2 on the season. Nice!

Nice to see Women win tonight against GW. The Maryland loss still stings.

Anyone concerned about Jackie Benitez atrocious shooting percentage? Coach O can't be happy.
12-20-2019 09:55 PM
Centdukesfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud
WBB: Lady Dukes travel to GW (Fri, 7pm, ESPN+)
69. Nice
12-20-2019 10:20 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Just got home from the game at GW. Nice win by the Dukes to go 8-2 so far this season. Game was a bit weird as the refs were letting a lot of rough stuff go early and it started to get a bit ugly in the second half. GW had two players go down during scrums which I sorta blame the officiating for as they were clearly losing control of the game. Let way too much stuff go, saw a number of outright pushes and shoves by GW players that were let go. Started to resemble a WWE match at times. I usually scream at the refs all game as most fans do realizing it is a very tough job to do but this crew seemed to be particularly inept. Stuff was happening right in front of them without any whistles. I was starting to get a bit afraid that someone was going to really get hurt (GW #22 went down with what looked like an ankle injury in the 2nd half and did not return after a big pileup). Hope GW #22 is OK.

In any case off my soapbox. Good win by the Dukes and they get the next 9 days off before facing Robert Morris at the Convo to close out the OCC schedule.

Hope everyone has a safe and peaceful Holiday Season and see you all at the Convo on the 29th!!

Go Dukes!!

Brian
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2019 12:01 PM by ParentofJMUMRDs.)
12-20-2019 10:23 PM
Advertisement

orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
Sounds like a reverse of the last game here, where the refs acted like they got new whistles for Christmas and called EVERYTHING, including some fouls that were non-existent. I note that Kayla was a one-woman block party and has passed Elena Delle Donne on the CAA all-time list, moving into second place (who's on fist and how many does she need to break the record?). Also looks like they couldn't stop Kamiah. Last year Kamiah was still kind of telegraphing which way she was going to go; this year she doesn't seem to be doing that and as a result she's getting to the basket a lot more. Go girl!!
12-21-2019 11:08 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

I remember when I said Kayla ranks higher than Meredith (who I love) & got some whiplash response from someone calling me crazy. But I think the stats bare it out. I suspect people will claim ODU was tougher competition but that was only maybe 3 games per season.
12-21-2019 12:05 PM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

Kayla, like most bigs, took awhile to develop. Geno Auriemma once said that Tina Charles was basically worthless her first two years. Tina Charles. Let that sink in. I think most tall players don't have to do much in high school except be tall. It takes them a couple of years to pick up the skills the college game requires. Kayla has done that very well. It wouldn't surprise me to see one of the WNBA teams notice that, or see her do well in the Euro League.
12-21-2019 01:34 PM
Dignan Offline
1st String

(12-21-2019 11:08 AM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  Sounds like a reverse of the last game here, where the refs acted like they got new whistles for Christmas and called EVERYTHING

Haha this one is cracking me up.
12-21-2019 04:09 PM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Dukes have moved quite a ways up in the RPI...now at #40... http://warrennolan.com/basketballw/2020/rpi-live

Today, Charlie Crème updated his Bracketology projections FWIW... http://www.espn.com/womens-college-baske...acketology (Dukes a #12 seed)
12-23-2019 09:17 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Kiki Jefferson wins the CAA ROTW and Kamiah Smalls wins the CAA POTW - each for the 3rd time this season. Congrats to Kiki and Kamiah!!!

https://jmusports.com/news/2019/12/23/wo...onors.aspx
12-23-2019 12:32 PM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

Sweet!
12-23-2019 12:51 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Well deserved!!

Brian
12-23-2019 01:19 PM
Advertisement

AssyrianDuke Offline
All American

(12-21-2019 11:08 AM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  I note that Kayla was a one-woman block party and has passed Elena Delle Donne on the CAA all-time list, moving into second place (who's on fist and how many does she need to break the record?).

KCW has 274 career blocks. First place on the career list is Abby Rendle (W&M) with 350. So Kayla needs 77 to break the all-time record. With at least 20 games to go this season (19 regular season, and at least one CAAT), an average of 4 per game should get her there. It is certainly a possibility and should make for an interesting countdown.
12-26-2019 09:37 AM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

Kayla is currently tied for 8th place in D-I with 34 on the season but in 6th for blocks per game at 3.4. She also ranks at #29 in offensive rebounds per game. She's the only Duke ranked in NCAA D-I standings at the present time. That could change, of course.
12-27-2019 11:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.