Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Final Signing Day Thread
Bookmark and Share
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
Final Signing Day Thread
Just figured it would be better to have this on the main page so all could see. So far the following have already signed:

Payten Singletary: 3* TE out of Georgia

Kobe McAllister: 3* OT and Georgia Region 6-4A Lineman of the Year (Best lineman in the State for their equivalent of D2)

Gavin Gerhardt: 3* OL and 1st Team All-State in D2 from Xenia, Ohio

Tyler Scott: 3* ATH (played motion-slot back) and Honorable Mention All-State in D3 from Norton, OH

Evan Prater: 4* QB, Ohio Mr. Football, D4 Offensive POY, #102 overall recruit in the country according to 247sports from Wyoming HS in Cincinnati

Daved Jones: 3* LB and 3rd team All-State in D1 out of Lakota West

Deshawn Pace: 3* OLB/Safety (will likely play Sniper here) and D1 Defensive POY from Colerain

More to come!

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2020 08:32 AM by BearcatMan.)
12-18-2019 08:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline

RE: Early Signing Day Thread
Sammy Anderson: 3/4* DB and Top DB in Ohio according to all recruiting services, First Team All State and 2nd in DPOY voting in D3 our of Trotwood-Madison in Dayton.

12-18-2019 08:57 AM
BearcatMan Offline

Todd Bumphis: 3* CB/S and State qualifier in 200m dash and 300m hurdles from Toledo St. Francis, also 1st Team All-State in D2. Generally speaking, the fastest player I have seen in the NW Ohio area since I moved back up here 6 years ago.

Justin Wodtly: 3* DT from Cleveland Heights (also where the Kelce's came from), 2nd Team All State in D1.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019 09:33 AM by BearcatMan.)
12-18-2019 09:32 AM
BearcatMan Offline

Norman Love: 3* WR from Lake Wales Florida

Jaheim Thomas: 4* OLB and Honorable Mention All-State D1 from Princeton HS in Cincinnati

Jake Renfo: 3* OL from Chicagoland, All-State performer in Illinois 6A (D2) where there is only one team per Division.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019 10:06 AM by BearcatMan.)
12-18-2019 10:01 AM
BearcatMan Offline

Only Ethan Wright, John Williams, and Sterling Miles are outstanding so far, and all have tweeted out signing arrangements, so it's looking like we retained everyone on early signing day. Huge news, as this class is arguably the best we have brought in, and with only 16 signees so far, we do have a few more slots (3 I believe in my count of the roster). Next year's class will be huge, as we have over 30 guys who will be exhausting their eligibility after the 2020 season.

12-18-2019 10:09 AM
BearcatMan Offline

Knock Williams off the list,

3* OL from Chicagoland Area:

12-18-2019 10:24 AM
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline

Sterling Miles, 3* DE from outer Detroit, MI is in:

12-18-2019 10:56 AM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

John Williams certainly has the look of a good offensive lineman. Love the grimace.

12-18-2019 11:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Billy_Bearcat Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
Thanks BearcatMan! Appreciate this all in one place. Amazing that all of the guys stuck with their commitment. Outstanding job by CLF and crew.

12-18-2019 11:09 AM
BearcatMan Offline

(12-18-2019 11:09 AM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  Thanks BearcatMan! Appreciate this all in one place. Amazing that all of the guys stuck with their commitment. Outstanding job by CLF and crew.

No problem...there is still one guy outstanding, but he has tweeted out that his signing ceremony is tonight at 5pm and he committed relatively recently, so I doubt he's a threat to surprise us in a bad way. Ethan Wright, a RB/LB from NE Ohio. He was a fellow Mr. Football finalist with Evan Prater, WON the Gatorade POY Award for Ohio, and he posted this insane statline in his HS career:

12-18-2019 11:24 AM
natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
Yeah thanks for all the info! Great to have everyone locked up early!

I'm sure the coaches have a big sigh of relief lol. Now, they can focus on the bowl game, final few spots for 2020, and start hitting 2021 which is off to a great start as well!

12-18-2019 11:51 AM
Advertisement

Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
Sounds like quite a class, man for man. Thanks for the coverage Bearcatman!

12-18-2019 12:08 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
It is so great to be able to be working on 2021 already. Remember the bad days of fighting full time to keep a class together into February.

12-18-2019 12:16 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
It's incredible this staff puts together higher ranked classes than we ever did in the big east (I won't say better yet, because those classes often turned out pretty well). These guys are just awesome on the recruiting front.

12-18-2019 12:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Thanks for keeping up with this BearcatMan. CLF and company just keep nailing it on the recruiting trail. A lot to be excited about with our football program for 2021 and beyond! The Bumphis kid looks like another Wiggins type possibly.

12-18-2019 12:29 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

Anyone expecting any signing day surprises, on the positive side? Flips, late or secret commits? I'll only add thanks to our coaching staff too for another outstanding class. Fickell and company are building something very special here. Let's see them take BC to the woodshed next month and begin anticipating a very special 2020 season.

12-18-2019 01:44 PM
Advertisement

geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs
(12-18-2019 01:44 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  Anyone expecting any signing day surprises, on the positive side? Flips, late or secret commits? I'll only add thanks to our coaching staff too for another outstanding class. Fickell and company are building something very special here. Let's see them take BC to the woodshed next month and begin anticipating a very special 2020 season.

I was just thinking about this. As a fan, signing day surprises are always fun. And Tubs had plenty of those. But they're not always good. For Tubs, those generally meant bringing in guys with limited offers otherwise, and most of them never panned out. Our classes under Fickell have also been smaller, and that's because guys stay in the program. It means less drama on signing day, but so much more stability.

12-18-2019 02:00 PM
BearcatMan Offline

(12-18-2019 02:00 PM)geef Wrote:  
(12-18-2019 01:44 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  Anyone expecting any signing day surprises, on the positive side? Flips, late or secret commits? I'll only add thanks to our coaching staff too for another outstanding class. Fickell and company are building something very special here. Let's see them take BC to the woodshed next month and begin anticipating a very special 2020 season.

I was just thinking about this. As a fan, signing day surprises are always fun. And Tubs had plenty of those. But they're not always good. For Tubs, those generally meant bringing in guys with limited offers otherwise, and most of them never panned out. Our classes under Fickell have also been smaller, and that's because guys stay in the program. It means less drama on signing day, but so much more stability.

Yeah, this Early Signing Day typically doesn't have a ton of surprises, as it is normally filled with the commits who were with a program for awhile who just want to get it done. This class was weird in that pretty much everyone was super solid from the day they committed, and I think they're probably going to work on a Grad Transfer or two for the few remaining spots they have left...specifically grad transfers at LB and OL if I had any guess.

12-18-2019 02:12 PM
bearcatdp Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
I see Ethan Wright is official now. Looks like we're done for the day, unless we get a surprise.

https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsFB/status/...82146?s=20

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019 03:15 PM by bearcatdp.)
12-18-2019 03:13 PM
UCbball21 Offline
All American

Tremendous haul already for this staff and I'm excited to see who we fill with the last 3 spots or so. Onward and upward!

12-18-2019 06:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.