UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UNA Game
BlazeUpBlazers Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB BLAZERS
UNA Game
Tied at 48 with 5:40 to go in the 2nd half.........
12-17-2019 09:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: UNA Game
UAB comes on strong at the end to win 63-56!!!
12-17-2019 09:52 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
So there was a game tonight? Amazing! Guess too many folks are pissed off about the stadium opposition to start a thread.
12-17-2019 10:43 PM
notnow Offline
1st String

TSG has a good game and we beat a tough UNA team. We need to keep building confidence and work on protecting Bartow this season. With injury at WKU, CUSA is very unpredictable and we have a shot. Blazers deserve our support.
12-17-2019 10:50 PM
BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

UNA was a very aggressive dribble-drive kind of offense and played tight defense too. We were lucky to pull this thing out after loosing what looked like a sorta comfortable lead with under 3 mins to go.
12-17-2019 10:55 PM
C-Finder Offline
All American

(12-17-2019 10:43 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  So there was a game tonight? Amazing! Guess too many folks are pissed off about the stadium opposition to start a thread.

How the mighty hardwood has fallen. Congrats on the win.

At least the "fire eshan!" posts can rest easy...for now. 05-hide
12-17-2019 11:10 PM
Advertisement

58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
It's always good to win. We do need some improvement:

1. Only four Golden Girls this time. That is only two more than I have married in my lifetime. This must be fixed.

2. We gave up 14 points to this guy:

[Image: latest?cb=20090607192747]

3. And 13 more to this guy:

[Image: gettyimages-51007230.jpg?quality=65&...&h=684]
12-17-2019 11:15 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(12-17-2019 10:43 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  So there was a game tonight? Amazing! Guess too many folks are pissed off about the stadium opposition to start a thread.

You know, YOU could have started the thread. It would have taken you exactly as much time as it took to post complaining about no one starting a thread.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2019 11:20 PM by BlazerMatt.)
12-17-2019 11:19 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
You could have started one too! I honestly didn't know UAB was playing a game last night. I'm sure you didn't know either right?
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019 01:52 PM by HiddenDragon.)
12-18-2019 06:19 AM
MAN4UAB Offline
All American

It was a tough game. They were aggressive and basically locked down Benjamin. Thankfully, TSG had a great game on both sides of the court and Gueye knocked down some timely threes with the last one probably being a game saver. I thought that it was a lighter crowd than the Montevallo game but was pleased that UNA actually brought a few people with them.
12-18-2019 06:45 AM
BlazeOn Offline
Bench Warmer

I have been a UAB Basketball fan since the beginning. I watched the first game against Nebraska. This program has never been lower than it is right now. This program has never had a less competent head coach than it has right now. I am sad. I am angry. Change MUST be made.

For those of you who continue to support Ehsan, I'm sorry to say you know very little about basketball. For those of you who post ridiculous things about how good Montevallo looked or how tough UNA is, or other such nonsense about equally second rate teams - that has nothing to do with them everything to do with how badly UAB is coached.

Right now, UAB Basketball is not good. It has not been is several years. It will NEVER be good under Robert Ehsan.

For those of you who want to continue to make excuses, educate yourself about the game of basketball. Educate yourself about the history of UAB Basketball - a once great program.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019 07:30 AM by BlazeOn.)
12-18-2019 07:29 AM
Advertisement

Blazing Saddles Online
All American

UNA Game
(12-18-2019 07:29 AM)BlazeOn Wrote:  I have been a UAB Basketball fan since the beginning. I watched the first game against Nebraska. This program has never been lower than it is right now. This program has never had a less competent head coach than it has right now. I am sad. I am angry. Change MUST be made.

For those of you who continue to support Ehsan, I'm sorry to say you know very little about basketball. For those of you who post ridiculous things about how good Montevallo looked or how tough UNA is, or other such nonsense about equally second rate teams - that has nothing to do with them everything to do with how badly UAB is coached.

Right now, UAB Basketball is not good. It has not been is several years. It will NEVER be good under Robert Ehsan.

For those of you who want to continue to make excuses, educate yourself about the game of basketball. Educate yourself about the history of UAB Basketball - a once great program.

Preach
12-18-2019 07:36 AM
scottycolsonblazer Offline
Water Engineer

(12-17-2019 11:15 PM)58-56 Wrote:  It's always good to win. We do need some improvement:

1. Only four Golden Girls this time. That is only two more than I have married in my lifetime. This must be fixed.

2. We gave up 14 points to this guy:

[Image: latest?cb=20090607192747]

3. And 13 more to this guy:

[Image: gettyimages-51007230.jpg?quality=65&...&h=684]

04-cheers
12-18-2019 08:38 AM
scottycolsonblazer Offline
Water Engineer

(12-18-2019 07:29 AM)BlazeOn Wrote:  I have been a UAB Basketball fan since the beginning. I watched the first game against Nebraska. This program has never been lower than it is right now. This program has never had a less competent head coach than it has right now. I am sad. I am angry. Change MUST be made.

04-bow
12-18-2019 08:39 AM
Pavy78 Offline
Special Teams

It's tough to start a thread when you're at the game.
12-18-2019 08:57 AM
THE_LEGEND Offline
1st String

small crowd popular excuses:

school is out. All students live in other parts of the country and left on plane last week

its cold

its raining

there is a holiday next week

not enough concession stands open

We are bad so i don't support the program (akin to i have a headache so I'm going to chop my own head off to fix)
12-18-2019 09:21 AM
Advertisement

MAN4UAB Offline
All American

You are not the only long time fan of this program. Some of us choose to support the team by attending games and finding some positives rather than engaging in non-productive rants on message boards. As a parent of a former UAB athlete, I can truthfully say that these rants create a toxic environment for the athlete. This stuff gets back to the players. They are not beneficial to the team’s or coaches performance.

I believe that you will be better served by contacting the AD with your complaints. He is the only one that can address your issues. If you are as knowledgeable in collegiate basketball as you claim, then you understand that getting to the level that you want starts with money. I imagine that he will communicate that need if you call.
12-18-2019 09:32 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(12-18-2019 06:19 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  You could have started one too! I honestly didn't know YAB was playing a game last night. I'm sure you didn't know either right?

Shows how much you care about the program then.
12-18-2019 09:36 AM
blazerjay Offline

Donators

100% correct. Come to the games, but to accept the status quo is a disservice to those that laid the foundation of our once great program. Demand change. It's past time to start righting the ship.
12-18-2019 11:12 AM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(12-18-2019 11:12 AM)blazerjay Wrote:  Demand change. It's past time to start righting the ship.

This is not as easy as some of you seem to think.

Rob Ehsan was the best choice among the finalists selected by Mark Ingram. That doesn't make it a good choice. It means that the others were worse.

A new coach will be selected by Mark Ingram, and approved by President Ray Watts and Chancellor Finis St. John IV. The former coach of a Mississippi team won't be Andy Kennedy, it'll be Doc Sadler.

Ehsan has not performed on the court to the level of his recruiting. This is beyond dispute.

The alternative is not an up-and-coming star or a solid veteran. It's a failed three-tread currently living behind the dumpster at the Irondale Tire Engineers. The Neil Callaway of basketball is waiting in the wings, guzzling antifreeze and mowing Junior's lawn as I type.

We don't get to choose the replacement. Three men with either proven incompetence, or proven dedication to the failure of UAB and its athletics programs, or both, will do so.

So, Ehsan or Three-tread. Those are the choices.
12-18-2019 11:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.