For all you Terry Nelson lovers.
Bookmark and Share
Romell Shorter Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bearcats
For all you Terry Nelson lovers.
Disclaimer: I can't stand the guy.

Terry Nelson has publicly said all of this in the last nine months:

* Advocates against Brannen for the job and wants one of his buddies, van Exel or Martin.

* Throws Jarron under the bus about his work ethic in Chad's podcast. John Brannen and I would like to know why you never said this when Mick was here? Thanks for this messy clean-up in aisle 34.

* Says Trevor Moore should transfer to NKU. What did he mean by that, and who used to coach there?

The first guy who needs to go is Terry. He's a problem and a distraction to the program. Pretty sure everyone associated with the program agrees with me. He's one of the most unprofessional people I have ever met. How many jobs has be been let go from? Every one.

I saw him get thrown out of an AAU game this spring when he threw a hissy fit which made his own team forfeit! This meant he could not stay to watch his daughter play her game. When I talked to the ref if he knew who he was, he replied "No, some loser who hates life and knows nothing about basketball." Smart ref.

12-16-2019 09:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
RE: For all you Terry Nelson lovers.
Is it Wednesday yet?

12-16-2019 09:39 AM
DownOnRohs Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
I was ready to come in here guns blazing but I think I'm on Romell's side on this one. Terry says some pretty cringeworthy stuff at times and is a little subpar with the X's and O's for a color guy IMO. That being said, this thread wouldn't exist if the team wasn't so dysfunctional.

12-16-2019 09:40 AM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
Just my opinion, but you seem to have an axe to grind, not sure what it is. Maybe a personal beef. I have never had issues with T-Nel, yea he could work on some PR stuff as he is a little loose with the things he says. But it is usually insightful information. Rather have him than some stiff with nothing but spin. He says whats on his mind.

12-16-2019 10:28 AM
Advertisement

MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(12-16-2019 10:28 AM)jarr Wrote:  Just my opinion, but you seem to have an axe to grind, not sure what it is. Maybe a personal beef. I have never had issues with T-Nel, yea he could work on some PR stuff as he is a little loose with the things he says. But it is usually insightful information. Rather have him than some stiff with nothing but spin. He says whats on his mind.

Second post this year trying to generate outrage about Nelson. I've got no dog in the fight, but pretty obvious dude has an axe to grind.

12-16-2019 10:45 AM
natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
I have no issue with Nelson and think he does a great job. Yes, he has some odd ball comments here and there, but to your points above:

1) I don't remember him advocating against Brannen. I just remember him advocating for Van Exel/Martin which I understand since he has personal relationships with those guys.
-In fact, I thought Van Exel was intriguing, but happy I'm not the guy having to make the decisions and Brannen was probably the less risky higher and I'm happy with him so far aside from late game meltdowns.

2) I think it is well know Jarron has never been a workout guy since he came here. He has a killer/I dont give a F*** personality at the same time (It is what it is). I love Cumberland. Hope he gets it back together before year.

3) Trevor Moore comment is the one I wouldn't understand, but idc where he transfers to and don't care what Terry's opinion is of where he should transfer to.

12-16-2019 11:13 AM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
(12-16-2019 10:28 AM)jarr Wrote:  Just my opinion, but you seem to have an axe to grind, not sure what it is. Maybe a personal beef. I have never had issues with T-Nel, yea he could work on some PR stuff as he is a little loose with the things he says. But it is usually insightful information. Rather have him than some stiff with nothing but spin. He says whats on his mind.

I agree. I really like Terry calling the games. I think he's very strong on Xs and Os, good enthusiasm and I appreciate the candor. He's a good matchup with Tommy G. who I also like but who strives to be as inoffensive and uncontroversial as possible.

12-16-2019 11:17 AM
Advertisement

Def Berkkat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
He's following the lead of Bill Walton and Dan Dakich. Say envelope pushing statements just to get attention. It's the broadcasting equivalent of clickbait online.

Some people like that style. Some don't.

However, I think a lot of guys are patterning themselves in that direction as they think that is the up and coming style to be.

12-16-2019 11:41 AM
natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
(12-16-2019 11:41 AM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  He's following the lead of Bill Walton and Dan Dakich. Say envelope pushing statements just to get attention. It's the broadcasting equivalent of clickbait online.

Some people like that style. Some don't.

However, I think a lot of guys are patterning themselves in that direction as they think that is the up and coming style to be.

Those two are the worst in the game IMO.

Bill Walton- We get it you dropped acid in your life. Not that crazy pal.

Dan Dakich- Ohio State/Big Ten HOMER of HOMERS

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019 12:09 PM by natibeast21.)
12-16-2019 12:09 PM
Don't tase me bro Offline
Special Teams

I really like Nelson calling the games - I think he's great. If he has a fault, it's that he loves the Bearcats maybe too much to the point where he can't be objective at times.

12-16-2019 06:03 PM
Advertisement

Tymanh99 Offline

I Root For: .
Donators
i don't mind him. he loves UC and so do i. okay in my book. better than jeff "welcome to rupp arena" piecoro.

he wanted NVE after mick left. all former players did. i only recall corie blount trashing brannen on twitter and making up stories about him, not nelson.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019 07:54 PM by Tymanh99.)
12-16-2019 07:53 PM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
I went to school at the same time as T Nel and had many classes with him. Great guy. Funny as hell, loyal, hard worker. I’d never say a bad word about him.

12-16-2019 08:07 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I have also met Terry a couple of times. I find him more likeable than I do Romell Shorter.

12-16-2019 11:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
People must forget what the role of the local coverage color man is.

I want a fan of the program and a former player doing color. I’d prefer his energy over the sterile stuff lots of coverage gets. Reason I have always enjoyed listening to Jim Kelly with Dan Hoard. Different style but he is into the team as much as I am and I appreciate that.

Terry gets thrown in jail like the guy he ultimately ended up replacing at the broadcast table then I’ll pay attention to complaints.

12-17-2019 10:33 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(12-17-2019 10:33 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  People must forget what the role of the local coverage color man is.

I want a fan of the program and a former player doing color. I’d prefer his energy over the sterile stuff lots of coverage gets. Reason I have always enjoyed listening to Jim Kelly with Dan Hoard. Different style but he is into the team as much as I am and I appreciate that.

Terry gets thrown in jail like the guy he ultimately ended up replacing at the broadcast table then I’ll pay attention to complaints.

Jim Kelly Jr. is great. His fandom just rings through in his broadcasts. Been lucky enough to speak with him a few times. It comes off there as well.

Terry clearly loves the program. I think he's still growing into the role but I like him well enough.

12-17-2019 11:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.