Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Monday Musings oil change bowl edition
Bookmark and Share
fanfrompowellspub Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU
Monday Musings oil change bowl edition
We made it! We are in the Cherry/Motor City/Pizza!Pizza!/Quick Lane Bowl. We get to play the Pitt Panthers led by former MSU Defense Coach and future MSU Head Coach Pat Narduzzi. The panters Ad is Heather Lyke who hired Chris Creighton.
I guess We got what I wanted all year a chance to fill up Ford Field with the Green and white. I was hoping MAC championship but will take quick lane bowl. I plan on being there but they will not be having amtrak train service from depot town. I Guess the last train left town in 1984.
IHG is building an urgent care building at huron river drive and oakwood blvd seems like a good place for a health care debate but I am running out of muses.
8&1 for the basketballing eagles... However the biggest crowd of the year at the convo will be tonight with river rouge coming to play lincoln. Impressed at the job murphy did in over hauling his recruiting. Not a lot of coaches are willing to do that. That is all from stool 4 I am hoping for clear weather on December 26th and a big walk up crowd wearing Green and white!
12-09-2019 09:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleSam Offline
Heisman

RE: Monday Musings oil change bowl edition
I totally forgot Lyke was at Pitt. Even more intrigue! Wonder if she tries to steal her man Creighton when Narduzzi inevitably takes the MSU job.

Good point on Murphy. He mentioned as much on the radio after the North Texas game. Recruited basketball players instead of long athletes. It’s annoying that it took him 8 years, but I’m glad we have a team that plays well and enjoys playing together. I still want to see how they rebound from prolonged adversity (we will see that after the MSU and UNLV games), but early signs are very positive.
12-09-2019 09:20 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(12-09-2019 09:20 AM)EagleSam Wrote:  I totally forgot Lyke was at Pitt. Even more intrigue! Wonder if she tries to steal her man Creighton when Narduzzi inevitably takes the MSU job.

Good point on Murphy. He mentioned as much on the radio after the North Texas game. Recruited basketball players instead of long athletes. It’s annoying that it took him 8 years, but I’m glad we have a team that plays well and enjoys playing together. I still want to see how they rebound from prolonged adversity (we will see that after the MSU and UNLV games), but early signs are very positive.

Murphy learned from Creighton teamwork character chemistry hardwork can outweigh pure talent
12-09-2019 09:46 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
It's Saturday and what a MBB game between UofM and Oregon.
12-14-2019 02:25 PM
Advertisement

mpleafan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: EMU, U of M
Around the MAC, Buffalo loses to Army, CMU loses by only 11 to Texas, and Toledo beats U of D by 8
12-14-2019 05:48 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(12-09-2019 09:46 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(12-09-2019 09:20 AM)EagleSam Wrote:  I totally forgot Lyke was at Pitt. Even more intrigue! Wonder if she tries to steal her man Creighton when Narduzzi inevitably takes the MSU job.

Murphy learned from Creighton teamwork character chemistry hardwork can outweigh pure talent
To an extent. People, this is a bad basketball team which will finish near the bottom of the MAC. You have to have some talent PLUS chemistry. The two are not mutually exclusive. Once the losses pile up, we'll see how that "character, chemistry, and hard work" looks out on the floor.
12-15-2019 09:46 AM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
I need to get my oil changed. Badly.
12-15-2019 10:45 AM
Advertisement

EagleSam Offline
Heisman

(12-15-2019 09:46 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  

To an extent. People, this is a bad basketball team which will finish near the bottom of the MAC. You have to have some talent PLUS chemistry. The two are not mutually exclusive. Once the losses pile up, we'll see how that "character, chemistry, and hard work" looks out on the floor.

Considering how awful you are with your predictions, I’m sure we will be fine. Thoughts on Creighton making his 3rd bowl in 4 years, when you said he’d never get to one?
12-15-2019 10:48 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

Hows Keno doing this year?
12-15-2019 12:35 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

So far you've been proven wrong. Thompson and Lee made the NBA yet?
12-15-2019 12:36 PM
Advertisement

Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(12-15-2019 10:48 AM)EagleSam Wrote:  

Considering how awful you are with your predictions, I’m sure we will be fine. Thoughts on Creighton making his 3rd bowl in 4 years, when you said he’d never get to one?
Is he ever going to win one? Get back to me when he wins one.
12-15-2019 08:00 PM
cidbearit Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MSU
(12-15-2019 08:00 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  Is he ever going to win one? Get back to me when he wins one.

In 11 days, sir.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2019 08:26 PM by cidbearit.)
12-15-2019 08:25 PM
masttg Offline
1st String

Can you compare Sutton Smith's sack rate to that of Maxx Crosby?
12-16-2019 09:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.