Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Lots of chatters on the Penn State Msg. Board...
Bookmark and Share
UMTiger117 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The TIGERS!
Exclamation Lots of chatters on the Penn State Msg. Board...
https://247sports.com/college/penn-state...78/?page=1

with mixed feelings. They are comparing us with mainly Minnesota and their loss against them...and worried it could be Deja-vu for them.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019 04:03 PM by UMTiger117.)
12-08-2019 06:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
RE: Lot of Chatters on the Penn State Msg. Board...
https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/forums/bwi...-board.20/

Similar

Cannot get motivated to play a Memphis

Why do G5 play these games

Etc...

A very few posts that Memphis is pretty good

All that matters is that THIS year Memphis is 12-1 with four wins over ranked teams, let alone that those teams all stayed good all year, being 10-1, 10-1 and 9-1 in games not involving Memphis

And we are not newcomers to being good, this is the sixth straight year. Plenty of three star caliber athletes. Games and wins over ranked and good Missisippi let alone Josh Rosen led UCLA...who did stink as it turns out that season

I figured the message board tough guys blindly supporting a school where the coach and fan base willfully blinded themselves to child rape would actually view playing the a Cotton Bowl against Memphis as the bad thing

Hate to go there as internet wads are typically not representative, but they have earned it.

Next year matters. Need to get a 7th consecutive 8 win or better season and need a follow up top twenty NY6 bowl season and maybe these ******** will come off their douche horses

PSU has a huge alumni base in Dallas, but I think they will be surprised at the number of Memphis fans there. We are not Alabama. But we are not Western Michigan either
12-08-2019 08:02 PM
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(12-08-2019 06:31 PM)UMTiger117 Wrote:  https://247sports.com/college/penn-state...78/?page=1

with mixed feelings. They are comparing us with mainly Minnesota and their loss against them...and worried it could be Deja-vu for them.
I hope the PENN STATE players consider us inferior enough that they just think they can win by showing up. This is the perfect scenario
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2019 09:28 PM by DallasTiger.)
12-08-2019 09:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/wh...299/page-2

They have been surfing our board

And they bill

Their responses are EXACTLY as you would expect

Scouring for math errors etc...taking any comment out of context etc...
Complaining that other fan bases still bring up Sandusky, as that was ancient history being way way back in 2011 before television
No understanding that they were being mocked for near universal bitching over playing in the Cotton Bowl that probably bothers them more than that ancient history child molestation...which according to them other big ten schools also did
Memphis thinks they have speed but of course they have speed...ignoring the fact that Memphis fans are simply nothing that we have some pretty good players too...they railed and picked on my three star player comment parsing it because of using the word caliber, as though we don’t get that a Penn State will have a lot of high rated high school kids
It is exhausting. I won’t post there.

But if our basketball team plays say, a Penn State in the tournament, all that matters is whether THIS Penn State team is pretty good and could win

Similarly, Memphis is good. Penn State is good. They are likely better but not so much better that a win would be that big a shocker

(Internet) ********
12-09-2019 02:45 PM
Advertisement

John44932 Offline
Special Teams

(12-08-2019 08:02 PM)Mimi Wrote:  blindly supporting a school where the coach and fan base willfully blinded themselves to child rape

Why would they not blindly support their school? If something like that happened at Memphis, then I’d still support the Tigers. The school is bigger than one person whether they are the coach, player or whoever.
12-09-2019 03:45 PM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
(12-08-2019 09:28 PM)DallasTiger Wrote:  
(12-08-2019 06:31 PM)UMTiger117 Wrote:  https://247sports.com/college/penn-state...78/?page=1

I hope the PENN STATE players consider us inferior enough that they just think they can win by showing up. This is the perfect scenario

Why even go over there knowing what's going to be posted?

Fans are going to fan, lol.
12-09-2019 03:50 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

RE: Lots of chatters on the Penn State Msg. Board...
(12-09-2019 03:45 PM)John44932 Wrote:  
(12-08-2019 08:02 PM)Mimi Wrote:  blindly supporting a school where the coach and fan base willfully blinded themselves to child rape

Why would they not blindly support their school? If something like that happened at Memphis, then I’d still support the Tigers. The school is bigger than one person whether they are the coach, player or whoever.

You are missing the point, or at least my point

Far too many of their fans were blindly supporting the school and the football program DURING the molestation and DURING the exposure of it in spite of it being clear that feeding the football beast helped lead to the disaster

And absolutely not. If it was made clear to me today that Penny Hardaway willfully helped hide a sexual molester on his staff then I would want him gone and criminally prosecuted and could live with the death penalty if it was shown to be pervasive as it was at PSU
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019 04:20 PM by Mimi.)
12-09-2019 04:18 PM
Advertisement

Stammers Offline
Legend

If you watch the Penn State - Minnesota highlights, it looks a lot like us against Cincinnati. Fleck came from Appalachian State, so he wasn't running a traditional Big Ten offense. They spread the field and do a lot of the same stuff we do.
12-09-2019 04:25 PM
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

It is pretty comical. They post something and we copy and post it here. Then they come over here, see what we have posted and post it on their message board. One poster confuses their with they're (not to mention it there). Some say they have been to Memphis and it is like the south side of Chicago. I didn't know anyone in their right mind would go to the south side of Chicago. Some of them seem to be experts and have first hand knowledge of slums and crime ridden neighborhoods.
12-09-2019 05:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

PENN STATE beat a mediocre PITT team 17-10. They have had their moments.
12-09-2019 05:36 PM
Advertisement

John44932 Offline
Special Teams

(12-09-2019 04:18 PM)Mimi Wrote:  
(12-09-2019 03:45 PM)John44932 Wrote:  

You are missing the point, or at least my point

Far too many of their fans were blindly supporting the school and the football program DURING the molestation and DURING the exposure of it in spite of it being clear that feeding the football beast helped lead to the disaster

And absolutely not. If it was made clear to me today that Penny Hardaway willfully helped hide a sexual molester on his staff then I would want him gone and criminally prosecuted and could live with the death penalty if it was shown to be pervasive as it was at PSU
I guess we just see it differently. I don’t blame them for supporting their university in the midst of a scandal and after. Sure, fire the people involved and hope they are prosecuted and punished. At the same time, I wouldn’t turn my back on the players and school. It isn’t fair to the players that had no knowledge nor involvement in it.
12-09-2019 05:39 PM
mccarverslawyer Offline
Special Teams

(12-09-2019 05:36 PM)DallasTiger Wrote:  

They disparage Tennessee without the awareness that they hired their Head Coach from the state of Tennessee.

But many here also choose to ignore that Penn State played Ohio State the toughest of anyone this year - at Ohio State down 21-0 at halftime with starting QB knocked out of game.
21-17 going into 4th Quarter.

Their message board regulars are dismissive and conflate facts to suit their narratives and personal biases - the 25 a day habit people here are no different.
12-09-2019 06:49 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

As game time gets closer it would be nice to take the temperature of their fans

Sometimes you see reasoned discussions and commentary

I don’t think that will be the case on those PSU message boards.

The third party back and forth is funny, but primarily because this Memphis board has seemingly always embraced active Memphis insults on here from utk and Mississippi fans and more my internet defense mode stays high

Of course mouth breathers on a Penn State site will mock Memphis and avoid any discussion along the lines of...this Memphis team is pretty good and they have quite a few elite athletes on that team and a current half decade plus history of winning, including over higher profile teams...so let’s talk football.

Because the Memphis is a shithole and they suck and screw Elvis comments are allowed to be made here, let alone other fanbase condescending narratives

We shall see
12-09-2019 06:57 PM
Advertisement

Stammers Offline
Legend

(12-09-2019 05:36 PM)DallasTiger Wrote:  

I'm not expecting to lose. I'm expecting to win.
12-09-2019 07:04 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
This pretty much sums it up...

Posted on 18 hrs, , User Since 73 months ago, User Post Count: 1,861
18 hrs
73 months
I knew this thread was ******* when I saw Mtaly72 was the voice of reason on the first few pages.

Of course we dont know who Mtaly72 is, but it doesnt matter, I am sure we all get the point.
12-09-2019 07:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.