shocker? i hardly know her.

i mean they hardly knew him*.

12-06-2019 06:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
C1ncy4Life Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Samari Curtis transferring from Nebraska
Seemed like a poor decision when he made it. Wish him luck wherever he winds up and hope this doesn’t derail him.

12-06-2019 07:56 PM
DownOnRohs Offline
Heisman

We haven't walked a day in that kids shoes so probably shouldn't make sweeping judgments about his character.

12-06-2019 08:38 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(12-06-2019 08:09 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  Seems like he can't handle adversity. Chris Mack leaves Xavier, so he decommits. Mick Cronin leaves Cincinnati, so he decommits. Not getting enough playing time 1/4 of the way into his freshman year, so he transfers. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt he's ever going to be a factor at the high-major level. He's been dealt a bad hand with coaches leaving, but still -- you gotta stick it out at some point. I wish him luck, and hope he finds a stable place to call home.

Who cares? He was never a Bearcat!

12-06-2019 08:52 PM
Tymanh99 Offline

I Root For: .
Donators
(12-06-2019 08:38 PM)DownOnRohs Wrote:  We haven't walked a day in that kids shoes

Neither has he.

12-06-2019 08:53 PM
Advertisement

RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Samari Curtis transferring from Nebraska
Very Gunner Kiel like journey, hope it works out for him.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

12-06-2019 08:54 PM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
Didn't Adams-Woods decommit from Nebraska prior to signing with UC after Curtis had decommitted from Uc? Given what Adams-Woods has shown, we got the immediate better end of that bargain. [/align]

12-06-2019 09:20 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

(12-06-2019 08:54 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  Very Gunner Kiel like journey, hope it works out for him.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Except Gunner was a 5* recruit at the most important position, with offers from all the top schools. He probably had the most media coverage of any recruit in the country.

Samari Curtis was a 3* recruit with offers from UC, Xavier, Ohio State, Dayton, Nebraska, and Virginia Tech. Those aren't bad offers, but it's not like Duke and Kansas and Kentucky were moving heaven and earth to get him signed (like people were doing for Gunner).

12-06-2019 09:22 PM
dsquare Offline
All American

I think he can still be a productive player, but my guess is he's getting some consistently bad advice. He needs to get into a place he's comfortable and roll up his sleeves. He's got talent, but he's not in my estimation where he thinks(or others around him)/ believe he was at.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2019 09:34 PM by dsquare.)
12-06-2019 09:33 PM
Former Lurker Offline
All American

I Root For: UC...who else?
(12-06-2019 09:33 PM)dsquare Wrote:  I think he can still be a productive player, but my guess is he's getting some consistently bad advice. He needs to get into a place he's comfortable and roll up his sleeves. He's got talent, but he's not in my estimation where he thinks(or others around him)/ believe he was at.

So many of these players get terrible advice and are pulled around by negative influences. Transfer can be a good option sometimes, but it's hard to see how pulling up stakes after eight games makes a lot of sense.

12-07-2019 07:08 AM
Advertisement

Def Berkkat Offline
1st String

(12-07-2019 07:08 AM)Former Lurker Wrote:  
(12-06-2019 09:33 PM)dsquare Wrote:  I think he can still be a productive player, but my guess is he's getting some consistently bad advice. He needs to get into a place he's comfortable and roll up his sleeves. He's got talent, but he's not in my estimation where he thinks(or others around him)/ believe he was at.

So many of these players get terrible advice and are pulled around by negative influences. Transfer can be a good option sometimes, but it's hard to see how pulling up stakes after eight games makes a lot of sense.

Just watch the ESPN 30 for 30 on Marcus Dupree to see how that works.

Fred Akers thought he had him committed to Texas but said "there's always an uncle" or someone that comes along and buts into the process.

Even after he was at OU he had some guy who was his mom's pastor (I may be wrong on that) who leeched onto him as his "handler" and got him all mixed up after he was in the USFL. This guy controlled all his money and basically made his decisions for him.

Needless to say Marcus Dupree ended up broke but even after all the years he still referred to the guy as "just trying to be a friend". He still didn't get this guy was a parasite that was just mooching off him.

12-07-2019 08:54 AM
dubcat14 Offline
1st String

With regards to Samari, if I understand the redshirt rule correctly, what applies to football (being able to play in x number of games while still being able to redshirt) does not apply in basketball. Once he steps on the court, he'll have to sit out next year. Could probably petition the NCAA since he declared he's transferring so early. In any regard, I wish him the best wherever he ends up.

Looks like Fred Hoiberg is off to a rough start with the Cornhuskers. Of all the jobs he could have taken coming back to college, Nebraska was a weird choice.

12-07-2019 09:50 AM
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Curtis evidently was blinded by many raving about him in high school. There's a big difference between high school and college. He will probably always have problems living up to his own dreams. Maybe Cronin will offer him again and have him on his UCLA roster but if he had problems getting enough playing time at Nebraska then I don't think UCLA will be the answer. Maybe in reality, Samari Curtis should transfer to Bellarmine.

12-07-2019 09:56 AM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
I don't know if anyone is bashing him, I was simply pointing out it is no surprise he is transferring so quickly. He clearly has a hard time making a commitment. Most likely whereever he lands won't be his final stop either. Coach's recognize this and he will probably have to play in the MAC or Horizon.

12-07-2019 10:16 AM
dsquare Offline
All American

So i guess the last stop will be at Va. Tech. with Antwon Jackson if history is any predictor.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2019 11:12 AM by dsquare.)
12-07-2019 10:17 AM
Advertisement

cincybb51 Offline
BEARCAT FOREVER

I Root For: UC,Bengals,
In his short stay he received trips to Italy and The Cayman Islands! Probably checking itineraries of potential suitors!

12-07-2019 10:23 AM
bearcat72 Offline
2nd String

Meechi Harris, Samari Curtis; must be the water in Xenia?

12-07-2019 11:50 AM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
(12-07-2019 10:23 AM)cincybb51 Wrote:  In his short stay he received trips to Italy and The Cayman Islands! Probably checking itineraries of potential suitors!

And now he gets to complete his worldwide tour with an extended stay in Evansville. Talk about a whirlwind year!

Evansville basketball lands Nebraska transfer Samari Curtis

01-13-2020 10:35 PM
Edgebrookjeff Offline
1st String

I Root For: bearcats
Evansvillle is without a coach. So when they do hire a coach, he'll get another transfer if he doesn't like their choice?

01-14-2020 12:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.