UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

St. Pete Shootout Tickets
Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
St. Pete Shootout Tickets
Anyone have a way to get tickets for this? UAB site doesn't have a way to get them, I also checked Duquesne just in case and didn't see it on their site either. I just reached out to the ticket office but figured I'd post on here too. Have you all heard anything?
12-05-2019 01:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mobileblazer Offline
DadofTwins

I Root For: UAB
RE: St. Pete Shootout Tickets
(12-05-2019 01:40 PM)Auburn_Blazer Wrote:  Anyone have a way to get tickets for this? UAB site doesn't have a way to get them, I also checked Duquesne just in case and didn't see it on their site either. I just reached out to the ticket office but figured I'd post on here too. Have you all heard anything?

Stubhub?
12-05-2019 02:01 PM
WhatIsThisFeeling Offline
2nd String

If im not mistaken the games are at Eckerd college. Maybe you can call them about tickets. I think it is just going to be a walk up tournament. No presales.
12-05-2019 02:23 PM
BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, USNA
(12-05-2019 02:23 PM)WhatIsThisFeeling Wrote:  If im not mistaken the games are at Eckerd college. Maybe you can call them about tickets. I think it is just going to be a walk up tournament. No presales.

Seriously? Eckerd is my undergrad alma-mater. Small gym, fold-away bleacher seating, horrible acoustics.
12-05-2019 04:35 PM
WhatIsThisFeeling Offline
2nd String

(12-05-2019 04:35 PM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  
(12-05-2019 02:23 PM)WhatIsThisFeeling Wrote:  If im not mistaken the games are at Eckerd college. Maybe you can call them about tickets. I think it is just going to be a walk up tournament. No presales.

Seriously? Eckerd is my undergrad alma-mater. Small gym, fold-away bleacher seating, horrible acoustics.

Everything I can find on the invitational(which isn't much honestly) is that it was played there last year and looks to be the same this year. There is nothing no where on this invitational. I know it was a tournament last year and this year its just a showcase basically.
Also unless something changes these will be radio only games.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2019 05:30 PM by WhatIsThisFeeling.)
12-05-2019 05:04 PM
Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

Took a whole lot of digging but I was able to get a hold of someone at the event. There are no tickets, it's just a free event. I'm sure a lot of you will be in NoLa for the bowl game, but I'm planning on going to this. Hope to see at least a few other Blazers there.
12-09-2019 03:26 PM
Advertisement

bigdunks Offline
2nd String

(12-09-2019 03:26 PM)Auburn_Blazer Wrote:  Took a whole lot of digging but I was able to get a hold of someone at the event. There are no tickets, it's just a free event. I'm sure a lot of you will be in NoLa for the bowl game, but I'm planning on going to this. Hope to see at least a few other Blazers there.

This reminds me of a February or March baseball tournament where northern schools meet in Florida because they can't play outdoors in freezing temperatures. Usually the schools involved promote tournament as a fun vacation trip for fans or a beach trip. Hopefully UAB will use the neutral site to get ready for conference tournament. It likely will be sparsely attended but should be fun. Blazer Talk seems like only place promoting tournament for UAB .
12-09-2019 04:06 PM
BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

Well, if anyone plans on going down for this, here are my top dining/drinking recommendations:

For great breakfast foods: Skyway Jack's https://www.skywayjacksfl.com/ located about a mile north of campus on 34th St. They had to move from their just-off-campus location when the interstae was built.

For a bar & grille: The Hurricane in Pass-A-Grille and right on the beach. http://www.thehurricane.com/ My favorite non-libation there was the broiled grouper sandwich with lettuce tomato and cheese. (there is a small toll to head out to the beach communities west of the Eckerd campus)

Shadrack's is a dive bar, also in Pass-A-Grille, that was popular with Eckerd students back in my day (and we could drink legally at 19). https://www.facebook.com/ShadracksPAG/

For fine dining: well, I was going to recommend Silas Dent's Steakhouse on St. Pete Beach, but they apparently have recently closed and been sold to "Caddy's," which I have no idea about. The only other fine dining restaurant I can recall going to was The Brown Derby, but they closed years ago.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2019 09:49 AM by BlazerFromMD.)
12-13-2019 09:48 AM
Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

(12-13-2019 09:48 AM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  

Well, if anyone plans on going down for this, here are my top dining/drinking recommendations:

For great breakfast foods: Skyway Jack's https://www.skywayjacksfl.com/ located about a mile north of campus on 34th St. They had to move from their just-off-campus location when the interstae was built.

For a bar & grille: The Hurricane in Pass-A-Grille and right on the beach. http://www.thehurricane.com/ My favorite non-libation there was the broiled grouper sandwich with lettuce tomato and cheese. (there is a small toll to head out to the beach communities west of the Eckerd campus)

Shadrack's is a dive bar, also in Pass-A-Grille, that was popular with Eckerd students back in my day (and we could drink legally at 19). https://www.facebook.com/ShadracksPAG/

For fine dining: well, I was going to recommend Silas Dent's Steakhouse on St. Pete Beach, but they apparently have recently closed and been sold to "Caddy's," which I have no idea about. The only other fine dining restaurant I can recall going to was The Brown Derby, but they closed years ago.

I have been to the Hurricane a few times, totally forgot about that place.

Have you been here: https://www.yelp.com/biz/o-maddys-bar-an...estaurants

Looks like a beachy place with good food...something that's kind of rare in that area haha.
12-18-2019 01:22 PM
BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-18-2019 01:22 PM)Auburn_Blazer Wrote:  
(12-13-2019 09:48 AM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  

I have been to the Hurricane a few times, totally forgot about that place.

Have you been here: https://www.yelp.com/biz/o-maddys-bar-an...estaurants

Looks like a beachy place with good food...something that's kind of rare in that area haha.

Sorry, never heard of it, but I graduated from Eckerd in 1985, so there's a decent chance it didn't exist then. I worked at a lab in Gulfport for a couple of semesters, but never really hung out up that way.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019 02:46 PM by BlazerFromMD.)
12-18-2019 02:40 PM
notnow Offline
1st String

Go for the Grouper Sandwich at Dockside Dave’s.
They have it prepared multiple ways.
12-19-2019 07:41 AM
Advertisement

BlazinBham Offline
Banned

UAB Men's Basketball @UAB_MBB
For our fans coming to our games today and tomorrow at the St. Pete Shootout, admission is free
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2019 01:19 PM by BlazinBham.)
12-21-2019 01:15 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
51-48 with eight minutes left. Scott-Grayson leading the way.
12-21-2019 06:37 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
We get the W 71-63. We won the game at the FT line, hitting 22-31.
12-21-2019 07:10 PM
WesternBlazer Online
Hall of Famer

UAB vs Duquesne
UAB11, Duq 13, 11:55 1st half

Stats
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=289317
12-22-2019 02:49 PM
THE_LEGEND Offline
1st String

I have fond memories of their drug store.
12-22-2019 03:01 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Y’all are missing a good game. We got a shot.
12-22-2019 04:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I'm guessing they have their fingers in their ears and are singing la la la la la to drown out the potential win.
12-22-2019 04:18 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Bad news guys - We kicked some ass.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2019 04:44 PM by blazerjay.)
12-22-2019 04:32 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
We just won the St Pete Shootout over an undefeated team. Been a while since we have won one of these things.
12-22-2019 04:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.