Open TigerLinks

Post Season Ban in the Future?
Bookmark and Share
AustinTXTiger Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Post Season Ban in the Future?
Greetings Everyone,

I am a Memphis graduate, but recently moved to Austin, TX. I finally decided to create an account after being a long time wanderer.
Anyway, I have been following the team as well as the James Wiseman issue from the start. Although I am super excited about the season, however the threat of a post season ban in the future has me worried. I have a couple of questions if someone with accurate knowledge can answer.

1-What is the likelihood of the NCAA punishing the U of Memphis in the future?

2-If a future punishment is likely, what would be the possible punishment? Post-season ban, Show-cause of Coach Penny, or loss of scholarships?

I have been hearing the media claim that a notice of infractions is likely from the NCAA. I just hope it is just an overreaction and not reality.
11-30-2019 09:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Post Season Ban in the Future?
I think it’s a given that we are going to get hammered by the NCAA, it’s just a matter of how hard. Just cross your fingers that they don’t slap a show cause on Penny.
11-30-2019 10:23 AM
450bench Offline

Conjecture and BS...
11-30-2019 10:28 AM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(11-30-2019 09:35 AM)AustinTXTiger Wrote:  Greetings Everyone,

I am a Memphis graduate, but recently moved to Austin, TX. I finally decided to create an account after being a long time wanderer.
Anyway, I have been following the team as well as the James Wiseman issue from the start. Although I am super excited about the season, however the threat of a post season ban in the future has me worried. I have a couple of questions if someone with accurate knowledge can answer.

2-If a future punishment is likely, what would be the possible punishment? Post-season ban, Show-cause of Coach Penny, or loss of scholarships?

I have been hearing the media claim that a notice of infractions is likely from the NCAA. I just hope it is just an overreaction and not reality.

Don't listen to the conspiracy theorist.

What basis could there be for future punishment?

Penny hasn't been shown to break any rules since he has been a Memphis coach. You cant punish a guy for breaking the HS association rules.

They have already punished Wiseman for Wiseman's family taking the money.

Now will the NCAA now have a hardon for catching Memphis in the future...Absolutely.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2019 10:29 AM by macgar32.)
11-30-2019 10:29 AM
UOFMGLENN Online
The Grand Wazoo

Great first post 03-banghead03-banghead
11-30-2019 10:32 AM
oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
They don't like us. They will probably make us schedule UAB and Southern Miss for every game for the next 3 years.
11-30-2019 10:38 AM
Advertisement

geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(11-30-2019 10:29 AM)macgar32 Wrote:  

Penny hasn't been shown to break any rules since he has been a Memphis coach.
You cant punish a guy for breaking the HS association rules.
The NCAA would respond that playing Wiseman when told not to is a rules violation.

Now will the NCAA now have a hardon for catching Memphis in the future...Absolutely.
11-30-2019 10:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tkgrrett Offline
All American

Welcome to the board. Fellow Memphis grad in Austin, TX (by way of Atlanta) here.
11-30-2019 10:52 AM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
The NCAA most likely has an Ace up its sleeve that it has yet to show. Yes, I’m worried. And my college fandom it’s hanging in by a thread. Not because of my Tigers, but because of the corrupt Vindictive selective system that the NCAA is.
11-30-2019 10:55 AM
BigTigerMike Online
Hall of Famer

(11-30-2019 10:44 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  

The NCAA would respond that playing Wiseman when told not to is a rules violation.

Penny specifically stated publicly the University told him to play Wiseman.
11-30-2019 11:00 AM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(11-30-2019 11:00 AM)BigTigerMike Wrote:  
(11-30-2019 10:44 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  

Penny specifically stated publicly the University told him to play Wiseman.

And I hope that is enough, but you know the NCAA.... They have zero effs to give.
11-30-2019 11:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Stammers Offline
Legend

Troll
11-30-2019 11:13 AM
Cletus Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-30-2019 11:13 AM)Stammers Wrote:  

Troll

I wonder which one on the long list of previously banned trolls this yahoo is?

Plus; how long or how many posts before they’re banned again?
11-30-2019 11:22 AM
TiminMem23 Offline
All American

Troll

I agree. I think the OP is trolling by bringing this up under the disguise of wanting "accurate knowledge". Any "knowledge" you are looking for can be found via a simple Google search.

All you did was start a negative thread in what has otherwise been a great holiday weekend.

No one knows what the future holds for the basketball program. Enjoy the team we have right now. If something happens, it'll be reported. End of story.

Troll.
11-30-2019 11:26 AM
TiminMem23 Offline
All American

(11-30-2019 11:22 AM)Cletus Wrote:  

Troll

I wonder which one on the long list of previously banned trolls this yahoo is?

Plus; how long or how many posts before they’re banned again?

I'm guessing his next thread will be: Norvell to FSU? Porter back to Memphis?

What a turd.
11-30-2019 11:28 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

Troll

BS. There was nothing remotely trollish about his post. All his questions raise legitimate concerns. They may not pan out and I hope they don't but why bash someone for voicing their concerns? Maybe you've been too Canadian for your own good, they always seem bitter...
11-30-2019 11:31 AM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Jeez, you guys act like tinpot dictators in a 3rd world country whenever someone presents a side to an argument you find distasteful.
11-30-2019 11:34 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
-3 for unimaginative trolling.
11-30-2019 11:35 AM
cmt Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
The NCAA has found an infraction (sort of) and created a punishment. That will be the end of that. Not that they won't quit looking.
11-30-2019 11:39 AM
TiminMem23 Offline
All American

(11-30-2019 11:34 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  Jeez, you guys act like tinpot dictators in a 3rd world country whenever someone presents a side to an argument you find distasteful.

Rigghhht. He's just here for an honest conversation. Love his thread title. Next one should be "Football going to suck when Norvell leaves? What? I just want to share an opinion."
11-30-2019 11:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.