Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UC Basketball Rankings - KenPom, NET, RPI, BPI, etc.
Bookmark and Share
Tymanh99 Offline
March In Four Words

I Root For: UC/Bob Huggins

Donators
MyBB UC Basketball Rankings - KenPom, NET, RPI, BPI, etc.
As of: 11.29.19
Record: 4-2

Coaches Poll:
#40 (2 votes)

AP Poll:
#38 (3 votes)

KenPom:
AdjO: #63
AdjD: #44

BPI:

RPI:

Sagarin:

Barttorvik:
AdjO: #80
AdjD: #34

Lunardi Bracketology:
#10 seed

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019 08:08 PM by Tymanh99.)
11-29-2019 01:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cataclysmo Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnat
RE: UC Basketball Rankings - KenPom, RPI, BPI, etc.
I'm sorry... We started getting votes in the Top 25 polls after this tournament???

11-29-2019 01:41 PM
Tymanh99 Offline
March In Four Words

Donators
As of: 12.1.19
Record: 5-2

Coaches Poll:
#40 (2 votes)

AP Poll:
#38 (3 votes)

KenPom:
AdjO: #81
AdjD: #33

BPI:

RPI:

Sagarin:

Barttorvik:
AdjO: #105
AdjD: #28

Lunardi Bracketology:
#10 seed

12-01-2019 10:15 AM
Former Lurker Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC...who else?
Brannen deserves time to get his ducks in a row, but these rankings are still concerning given that the consensus on the board was that this year's squad was more talented than last year's.

12-01-2019 10:27 AM
Tymanh99 Offline
March In Four Words

Donators
(12-01-2019 10:27 AM)Former Lurker Wrote:  Brannen deserves time to get his ducks in a row, but these rankings are still concerning given that the consensus on the board was that this year's squad was more talented than last year's.

1 stat that stands out is the adjusted tempo (possessions per 40 minutes).

we are currently #70 in the country, compared to #338 in 2019 and #330 in 2018.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2019 10:33 AM by Tymanh99.)
12-01-2019 10:33 AM
robertfoshizzle Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
(12-01-2019 10:27 AM)Former Lurker Wrote:  Brannen deserves time to get his ducks in a row, but these rankings are still concerning given that the consensus on the board was that this year's squad was more talented than last year's.

We have to survive the next 6 weeks or so -- somehow, some way. It's clear this team is not completely comfortable with the new system yet and with it being so different and having so many new pieces, they may not figure it out until conference play. Seeing the offense run through Jarron and MAW taking some of McNeal's minutes is a good sign that Brannen is figuring it out. Once Jarron gets his shot back, I think we'll be pretty good, but I have a feeling we are going to be sweating it out right up until Selection Sunday this season.

12-01-2019 10:58 AM
Advertisement

robertfoshizzle Offline
All American

Also, I am not yet panicking about our performance against mid-major teams, as we've had a similar start in the recent past that turned into a pretty decent season. See 2014-15, when we squeaked out close wins against several low- and mid-major teams and started 7-3: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket...eason/2015

The Nebraska team we lost to in 2 OT that year was probably no better than Bowling Green this year and we struggled against the likes of St. Francis, Morehead State, Eastern Illinois, and North Carolina Central. That UC team gave #1 seed Kentucky all they could handle in the 2nd round of the tournament.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2019 11:06 AM by robertfoshizzle.)
12-01-2019 11:02 AM
CallMeSlim Offline
2nd String

it's not more talented with this years jarron vs last years jarron. last years team wouldn't have had a shot if jarron played like this.

jarron has to get in basketball shape and get his legs right. really can't judge anything about the team without him at 100%.

93.4 ORTG for Jarron with a 29.4 usage rate is gonna kill about any offense. Mix that with Scotts 24.7 turnover rate and the guys we thought would be leading us are really struggling so far.

12-01-2019 11:08 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(12-01-2019 11:08 AM)CallMeSlim Wrote:  

it's not more talented with this years jarron vs last years jarron. last years team wouldn't have had a shot if jarron played like this.

jarron has to get in basketball shape and get his legs right. really can't judge anything about the team without him at 100%.

93.4 ORTG for Jarron with a 29.4 usage rate is gonna kill about any offense. Mix that with Scotts 24.7 turnover rate and the guys we thought would be leading us are really struggling so far.

This is exactly right and the reason I'm still confident in this team. These two seniors have often been liabilities this year. They've had big adjustments (and jarron's battled injury). I trust them to figure it out.

12-01-2019 11:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jarr Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
Outside of JC scoring and shooting. Has anyone felt he has also taken a step back athletically the last few years, or maybe its just him fighting off injuries. His first 2 years he would wreak havoc defensively with steals and tips, and seem to go north to south pretty quickly. Go back and watch the Xavier game his freshman year, he just looked different in that regard.

12-01-2019 01:04 PM
Jchuges7 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC, Reds, FCC
Lunardi dropped the Bearcats in his most recent Bracketology.

12-02-2019 11:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Former Lurker Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC...who else?
(12-02-2019 11:03 AM)Jchuges7 Wrote:  Lunardi dropped the Bearcats in his most recent Bracketology.

Honestly, they don't look like a tournament team right now, but the potential is there.

12-02-2019 11:06 AM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(12-01-2019 01:04 PM)jarr Wrote:  Outside of JC scoring and shooting. Has anyone felt he has also taken a step back athletically the last few years, or maybe its just him fighting off injuries. His first 2 years he would wreak havoc defensively with steals and tips, and seem to go north to south pretty quickly. Go back and watch the Xavier game his freshman year, he just looked different in that regard.

I just think it's more pronounced. If he were an above average athlete he'd be playing professionally given his skills. There's a reason despite having a Conference POY junior season he was never mentioned in any mock drafts that year.

I think this year is a combination of preseason injury that set back his conditioning plus we're in the top 100 for pace this year while we were in the 300s each of his first 3 years so his lack of conditioning is more exaggerated.

12-02-2019 11:22 AM
Tymanh99 Offline
March In Four Words

Donators
As of: 12.2.19
Record: 5-2

Coaches Poll:
Not Ranked (0 votes)

AP Poll:
Not Ranked (0 votes)

KenPom:
AdjO: #82
AdjD: #33

BPI:

RPI:

Sagarin:

Barttorvik:
AdjO: #106
AdjD: #30

Lunardi Bracketology:
First Four Out

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019 07:06 PM by Tymanh99.)
12-02-2019 07:06 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Three Floyds

Donators
(12-02-2019 11:22 AM)RealDeal Wrote:  
(12-01-2019 01:04 PM)jarr Wrote:  Outside of JC scoring and shooting. Has anyone felt he has also taken a step back athletically the last few years, or maybe its just him fighting off injuries. His first 2 years he would wreak havoc defensively with steals and tips, and seem to go north to south pretty quickly. Go back and watch the Xavier game his freshman year, he just looked different in that regard.

I just think it's more pronounced. If he were an above average athlete he'd be playing professionally given his skills. There's a reason despite having a Conference POY junior season he was never mentioned in any mock drafts that year.

I think this year is a combination of preseason injury that set back his conditioning plus we're in the top 100 for pace this year while we were in the 300s each of his first 3 years so his lack of conditioning is more exaggerated.

Game condition perhaps. The procedure kept him out of preseason practice. But I do not know where people get off thinking he is not in shape like he is eating Twinkies all day. If you’ve seen the guy without a shirt on he’s ripped. He’s a weight room junkie. Perhaps that is not needed as much anymore with this new system.

12-02-2019 07:59 PM
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
(12-02-2019 07:59 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(12-02-2019 11:22 AM)RealDeal Wrote:  

Game condition perhaps. The procedure kept him out of preseason practice. But I do not know where people get off thinking he is not in shape like he is eating Twinkies all day. If you’ve seen the guy without a shirt on he’s ripped. He’s a weight room junkie. Perhaps that is not needed as much anymore with this new system.

JC was big when he got here, and he was fat as well. He is not a weight room junkie by any stretch.

12-02-2019 09:27 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Three Floyds

Donators
How often have you seen him go into the weight room on his own for 60-90 minute sessions 3 times in a single day? On his own. Without staff or coaches?

I saw him do it daily for nearly 6 straight weeks every day when they were not on the road.

12-02-2019 09:32 PM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
(12-02-2019 09:32 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  How often have you seen him go into the weight room on his own for 60-90 minute sessions 3 times in a single day? On his own. Without staff or coaches?

I saw him do it daily for nearly 6 straight weeks every day when they were not on the road.

Meatgazer.

12-02-2019 09:57 PM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
(12-02-2019 09:57 PM)Bearcatbdub Wrote:  
(12-02-2019 09:32 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  How often have you seen him go into the weight room on his own for 60-90 minute sessions 3 times in a single day? On his own. Without staff or coaches?

Meatgazer.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Dayum son! He nailed you rath....to a T

12-02-2019 10:04 PM
crex043 Offline
All American

Oddly specific... And yet oddly inexact at the same time. Is this the same player that supposedly goes through the motions during practice (and sometimes during games where everyone can see)? Was he lifting weights? Or eating sandwiches?

12-02-2019 10:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2020 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.