Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rowe Has Got to Go......
Bookmark and Share
JMU1987UVA1998 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
Rowe Has Got to Go......
After watching last week's JMU-ODU game and getting somewhat excited about our team when we had a double digit lead and then actually feeling bad about the win after ODU's three pointer was ruled to be tad late leaving their guard's hand, I think it's time for a change after tonight's debacle against a 2-5 Coppin State team.

I won't waste my time listening to another game the rest of the 2019-2020 season.

We can't open up a new arena next year and expect to put lipstick on a pig, Lou Rowe needs to go. That's what we get for going cheap with our latest alum hire.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019 09:03 PM by JMU1987UVA1998.)
11-26-2019 09:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Rowe Has Got to Go......
Is it really the fault of Coach Rowe? Players were making bad shots and shooting poorly in the end.
11-26-2019 09:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-26-2019 09:06 PM)hburg Wrote:  Is it really the fault of Coach Rowe? Players were making bad shots and shooting poorly in the end.

It’s coaching.
11-26-2019 09:08 PM
jmufbs Offline
Special Teams

(11-26-2019 09:02 PM)JMU1987UVA1998 Wrote:  After watching last week's JMU-ODU game and getting somewhat excited about our team when we had a double digit lead and then actually feeling bad about the win after ODU's three pointer was ruled to be tad late leaving their guard's hand, I think it's time for a change after tonight's debacle against a 2-5 Coppin State team.

I won't waste my time listening to another game the rest of the 2019-2020 season.

We can't open up a new arena next year and expect to put lipstick on a pig, Lou Rowe needs to go. That's what we get for going cheap with our latest alum hire.

hard to draw any other conclusion after tonight.
11-26-2019 09:08 PM
Dukes1825 Offline
Special Teams

HCLR just coached the Dukes to a 16 point defeat against the preseason projected 7th place MEAC team. He should go and he should go now. Inexcusable.
11-26-2019 09:21 PM
JMU1987UVA1998 Offline
1st String

We can all agree that Mickey loved JMU as much as Lou Rowe loves JMU but Mickey's best years were behind him. I think we can all agree that Lou is never going to get any better as our HC. Just like Mickey you know he's not going to resign.

Everyone fearing we'll have mass attrition if he's fired at the end of the season need to understand if we keep going down the road we're on we'll be a couple of years in a new arena when a change is finally made.
11-26-2019 09:25 PM
Advertisement

olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-26-2019 09:06 PM)hburg Wrote:  Is it really the fault of Coach Rowe? Players were making bad shots and shooting poorly in the end.

Rowe has decided the only way to run our offense is to simply shoot 3s. If that doesn't work try a 1 on 5 drive to the basket and hope you get fouled.
VMI used to shoot 3s all the time. One year they even beat Kentucky when all their shots fell. But more often than not, that strategy merely led to more SoCon losses than wins.
11-26-2019 09:29 PM
JMU Online
All American

Bye bye
11-26-2019 09:40 PM
JMad03 Online
Heisman

Who instructed the players on how to shoot and decision making? The coaches.
Who is responsible for the players on the court? The coaches.
If a player is constantly taking bad shots, you take the guy out. You don't just let him continue to take bad shots or make poor decisions and pass it to the defender.

This team isn't getting better. Poor shooting and bad decision making has been happening for the entirety of the Lou Rowe era.
I've said it for years.... talent cannot overcome bad coaching. And perhaps Rowe isn't as good of a recruiter as many want him to be.

If this was a single occurrence I could see why one could let the coaching staff off the hook. But this has happened over and over.

Did you see the crowd tonight (or lack thereof)? This has been a long time coming. Rowe has been given 4 years to bring life back into this program and the place was as empty as it has ever been. He isn't breathing life back into it... he's continuing to take life away from it. What casual JMU fan would come back to the Convo after a night like this or any night in the last 10+ years.

A brand new arena WILL be empty next year. It is going to be beyond embarrassing. Nothing is going to change unless a head coaching change is made.
11-26-2019 09:41 PM
dukeDoom Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: james madison
this team so ill prepared to play they never function well for long. mentally weak too. Coppin knew they broke the Dukes in the 2nd half then played with confidence and joy while the Dukes assumed the position of jumbo shrimps. and to let that happen on your own court? pitiful
11-26-2019 09:42 PM
jmuduke10 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison U
Move should be made prior to CAA play. Just Embarrassing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using CSNbbs mobile app
11-26-2019 09:42 PM
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-26-2019 09:42 PM)jmuduke10 Wrote:  Move should be made prior to CAA play. Just Embarrassing

I agree. No reason to wait. Pull the plug now. Let the assistants run out the season. Start the search for a new HC now to open the new arena.
11-26-2019 10:02 PM
nyduke Offline
1st String

I Root For: jmu
Bring back Brady
11-26-2019 10:09 PM
JMad03 Online
Heisman

(11-26-2019 10:02 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  
(11-26-2019 09:42 PM)jmuduke10 Wrote:  Move should be made prior to CAA play. Just Embarrassing

I agree. No reason to wait. Pull the plug now. Let the assistants run out the season. Start the search for a new HC now to open the new arena.

Not happening no matter how many games they lose.
If that's not bad enough, there's this: it wouldn't surprise me to see this admin actually give him an extension.
What baffles me is how they can get things so right with football, but when it comes to basketball they get them so very, very wrong.
11-26-2019 10:12 PM
JMU Online
All American

(11-26-2019 10:09 PM)nyduke Wrote:  Bring back Brady

No
11-26-2019 10:13 PM
sctvman Offline
1st String

I Root For: C of Charleston
Fell 34 spots in KenPom in one night.
11-26-2019 10:20 PM
Advertisement

JMU1987UVA1998 Offline
1st String

(11-26-2019 10:12 PM)JMad03 Wrote:  

If that's not bad enough, there's this: it wouldn't surprise me to see this admin actually give him an extension.
What baffles me is how they can get things so right with football, but when it comes to basketball they get them so very, very wrong.

No way the admin specifically Bourne can look the other way.

He couldn't do it after Withers' team couldn't play any D at W&M. Good thing was in Withers wanted out and left for Texas State. We would have eventually had to run him off.

Bourne needs to pull the trigger on Rowe. The longer this lingers the worse things will get.
11-26-2019 10:24 PM
Jeremyboz Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU,WVU
If there is to be a coaching change then Josh Oppenheimer is the one for the job.
11-26-2019 10:31 PM
jmufan2008 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes
(11-26-2019 10:31 PM)Jeremyboz Wrote:  If there is to be a coaching change then Josh Oppenheimer is the one for the job.

Maybe that was the backup plan all along...
11-26-2019 10:47 PM
JacksonHall Offline
1st String

(11-26-2019 10:12 PM)JMad03 Wrote:  

Because they are cheap. No money spent on basketball since they fired Lefty. A bunch of uninspiring hires as head coach.
11-26-2019 10:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.