Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Toledo vs. CMU
Bookmark and Share
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Toledo vs. CMU
http://www.winsipedia.com/central-michigan/vs/toledo

This is a matchup of a storied program with lots of wins and MAC Championships vs. a recent power house who seems to be trending down.

When CMU won this game last, they held the all time series lead.

The last team Toledo beat 10 times in a row was EMU, which went 11 from 2007-2017.

Win this game and bowl. Lose and 95% stay home.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019 01:08 PM by UofToledoFans.)
11-26-2019 01:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
RE: Toledo vs. CMU
Can’t remember the last time our fan base was this disinterested in a Toledo football game...
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019 02:19 PM by Rocket_Fanatic.)
11-26-2019 02:19 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
I'm not up on the current state of things. Do we want

the team to lose so they don't have to go to a bowl game?
the team to win but still not go to a bowl game?
the team to win and still have a chance at a bowl game, even if it's on blue turf?
11-26-2019 02:21 PM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
I want UT to win.

However, the coaching staff has proven they do not take the bowl game prep seriously so the team should just end their season with a win v CMU.

Then, Candle can start to make the coaching staff changes that are needed---DEFENSE.

The new staff can also go out and do some serious recruiting. The theme this time will be that there will be an opportunity to play right away since....... (fill in the blank).
11-26-2019 03:08 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
I'm in the camp that says, if we lose to CMU, to definitely decline a bowl invite if one comes, and instead begin the process of finding a few new coaches (won't name names--it's been pretty obvious this season & last where the shortcomings have been). And, given that our recruiting has gone in the wrong direction the past few weeks, the sooner a new(er) staff is put together, the sooner they can begin to look for replacements in our "getting-smaller" recruiting class.

Now, if we beat CMU, and get to 7 wins, my heart isn't quite so cut in granite, and I'd be OK with a bowl loss (sorry...meant game), even though it likely puts us behind in getting some new coaches & identifying new recruits.
11-26-2019 03:34 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
The question I would want to know but will not be available is how deep into a search are we for replacements in some of the areas we are struggling in for the past few years. If we don't have a list by now of the people we want to go after, then we are not committed to improving the team.

Just by watching Candle on the sideline and his demeanor after games during interviews, I get the feeling he really struggles with making decisions/being decisive. He just seems timid - a nice guy who struggles to created conflict if results are not being produced. I just get the feeling he has not had any conversations or discussions with certain coaches on where they are failing - and what his expectations were from the outset. If he went into the 2019 season without setting expectations for areas of improvement, he will fret over making the decision to go in a new direction with new coaches. that will lead to even more indecision, and make the decision to pull the plug even more difficult. I've worked with people like this. They gripe and moan about poor performers - then treat them like they are a best buddy. Then can't understand why performance hasn't improved.

Just thinking that he may have developed that style for his role as the leader of the entire football program - from HIS boss. I've always found that incompetence breeds more incompetence. Maybe "under-performing" is a better word for this situation. I don't think Candle is incompetent, but I definitely don't think he is worth what he is being paid vs. others that would have been good fits for that position - given the pay level.
11-26-2019 04:37 PM
Advertisement

rocketpaul Offline
1st String

(11-26-2019 03:34 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  I'm in the camp that says, if we lose to CMU, to definitely decline a bowl invite if one comes, and instead begin the process of finding a few new coaches (won't name names--it's been pretty obvious this season & last where the shortcomings have been). And, given that our recruiting has gone in the wrong direction the past few weeks, the sooner a new(er) staff is put together, the sooner they can begin to look for replacements in our "getting-smaller" recruiting class.

Now, if we beat CMU, and get to 7 wins, my heart isn't quite so cut in granite, and I'd be OK with a bowl loss (sorry...meant game), even though it likely puts us behind in getting some new coaches & identifying new recruits.
They are way beyond finding recruits at this point in time. They always have decommits at this point in time when bigger schools know they missed out on others. Happens everywhere not just here.

Agree about the coaches Hank Poteat is the only defensive coach who would be truly safe if I was running the program
11-26-2019 06:46 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I always want the Rockets to win their games, not always sure the collective "team" have the motivation, drive, and pride to do so (sadly).
11-26-2019 07:16 PM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

I really hope we win. And I would love a bowl game. Anytime you can play. You need to play. But I can tell you I have never been this disappointed in this than I am now. It’s sad.
11-26-2019 08:51 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

All participants but three picked CMU to beat UT over on the Pick 'Em thread. I can't recall a year where that has ever happened. Plus CMU was dreadful last season (zero FBS wins), and now are somehow a clear favorite over the Rockets? SMH. Candle get your sh!t together!
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019 10:21 PM by inductchuck16.)
11-26-2019 09:36 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
CMU playing for the MACC now....
11-26-2019 10:38 PM
Advertisement

bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(11-26-2019 10:38 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  CMU playing for the MACC now....

Certainly not a good thing for the Rockets. The Chips will be fired up indeed; where does Toledo find the energy that has been largely missing for many of the last 6 games?
11-26-2019 11:09 PM
Michigan Rocket Offline
Special Teams

I've been a Rocket fan since 1969 and I cannot remember a time when I've been this disappointed in our team. Who knows what the problem is? I'm in the consensus thinking it is coaching. Our defense is horrendous. Our coordinators can't come up with a scheme to save their lives and Coach Candle doesn't seem to know how to "coach them up". Let's face it, he's not a fiery guy. We just don't seem to bring out the potential in the recruits. Now we have NIU knocking off WMU tonight giving CMU more incentive to win with a shot to make it to The MACC Game.
11-26-2019 11:21 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Yea, but nobody wants to win the division. We went over this.
11-27-2019 12:03 AM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
The Rockets just totally s**t the bed this year.
11-27-2019 12:06 AM
emanoh Online
All American

I Root For:
Toledo vs. CMU
This year in insane, nobody wants to win the west. For us to have a very off year, this blows.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
11-27-2019 12:07 AM
Advertisement

Springboromark Offline
All American

Up to now, last year's team was really disappointing.
11-27-2019 06:04 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(11-27-2019 06:04 AM)Springboromark Wrote:  Up to now, last year's team was really disappointing.
Hell, I’m already disappointed in next year’s team.
11-27-2019 08:27 AM
UTLAW Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Yeah, next year’s team will have to prove itself to a lot of us fans. The usual optimism will not be there for me at least.
11-27-2019 09:01 AM
Broncodan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Broncos!!
Good luck to the Rockets!! Beat the chimps! CMU fans are all congratulating the NIU fans on their win over us, I will do the same and hope for a rockets win.

We dont deserve the MACC anyways, LESTER SUCKS!!!
11-27-2019 09:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.