Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Interesting Comments from TK's Coaches Show Tonight
Bookmark and Share
Basketball Jones Online
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Interesting Comments from TK's Coaches Show Tonight
Here is some of the interesting comments made by TK from tonight's Coaches Show:

* AJ Edu is making great progress with his rehab and could be available to play sometime this season even though TK is not pushing for it.

*Gavin Bizeau the transfer from Duquense who is sitting out this season, is seeking a waiver from the NCAA to play this season. No additional information was given on the reasons for the waiver or any decision timeline.

* Luke Maranka has tremendous potential and spends a lot of extra time outside of regular practice on improving himself.

* Most players make their biggest improvements from their freshman to sophomore season, but thinks that Luke Knapke's biggest improvement has been from his junior to his senior season.

* Mattia Accunzo is experiencing a nerve issue with his foot that otherwise has healed from the broken bone. TK is not sure when he will be able to begin regular practice and thinks there is a point in time where they might have to think about redshirting him.

* Right now they have six starters and a 8 man rotation. With a short bench, they have mapped out a plan to rotate players out regularly so as to not end up with 5 tired players playing at the same time which could cost them in close games. Assistant Coach Massey is in charge of making sure that plan is implemented each game.

* New Assistant Coach Offutt has brought a "toughness" into the program which he thinks was needed and has been a tremendous addition to the coaching staff.

* Team Chemistry is fantastic led by the 4 Captains who have provided as good of leadership as he has had as a Head Coach.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019 10:11 PM by Basketball Jones.)
11-18-2019 10:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
RE: Interesting Comments from TK's Coaches Show Tonight
Not entirely sold on Knapke’s improvement yet but his other comments jibe with what I see. In years past we would have given up 80 to Howard or only scored 90. That we kept the pedal down while continuing to play tough D is significant.
11-18-2019 10:18 PM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Thank you for sharing Mr Jones! I intended to listen and forgot. I doubt any of the three will play this year. This places more pressure on Moore to develop. Foot injuries are the worst and must be dealt with with great care and patience so I don’t see Acunzo playing this year as well. Depth will be a definite issue with the painful loss of Edu. What would’ve been a solid nine man rotation is now eight

I noticed that TK played the starters for the first 8 minutes of the second half without substituting against Robert Morris. Did anyone else notice this situation? Perhaps he was watching conditioning or was he just getting PT for his primary five. My season ticket buddy and I noticed at the same time. TK substituted at the first play stoppage under 12 minutes.

I love Rocket basketball and this season sets up a very very interesting season for 2020!

Go Rockets!
11-19-2019 01:43 PM
Advertisement

Sleepy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
I really like the idea of an 8 man rotation with a plan to rotate players.

Once conference play starts and the season grinds away the leadership of Marreon, Willie, Spencer and Luke will be huge.
11-19-2019 02:52 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
(11-19-2019 01:43 PM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  I noticed that TK played the starters for the first 8 minutes of the second half without substituting against Robert Morris. Did anyone else notice this situation? Perhaps he was watching conditioning or was he just getting PT for his primary five. My season ticket buddy and I noticed at the same time. TK substituted at the first play stoppage under 12 minutes.

Go Rockets!

This doesn't seem accurate. Although I cant prove it at the moment. Maybe I just didnt realize. I did have a few chardonnays before the game
11-19-2019 02:57 PM
Advertisement

Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
Nothing wrong with an eight-man rotation. I don't think being tired is the issue. There's just not margin for error with foul trouble or further injuries. This team doesn't tend to foul much, though. So far the Rockets have looked better than I thought they would. The shooting is better than ever, despite the loss of Sanford and Navigato. In fact, the entire conference so far looks better than I expected.
11-19-2019 03:46 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(11-19-2019 01:43 PM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  Thank you for sharing Mr Jones! I intended to listen and forgot. I doubt any of the three will play this year. This places more pressure on Moore to develop. Foot injuries are the worst and must be dealt with with great care and patience so I don’t see Acunzo playing this year as well. Depth will be a definite issue with the painful loss of Edu. What would’ve been a solid nine man rotation is now eight

I noticed that TK played the starters for the first 8 minutes of the second half without substituting against Robert Morris. Did anyone else notice this situation? Perhaps he was watching conditioning or was he just getting PT for his primary five. My season ticket buddy and I noticed at the same time. TK substituted at the first play stoppage under 12 minutes.

I love Rocket basketball and this season sets up a very very interesting season for 2020!

Go Rockets!

That was probably because the under 16 timeout didn't happen until 12:06. So there was no stoppage for a long time.
11-19-2019 05:39 PM
Advertisement

Screwball Offline
All American

Thanks for passing this along.

They would be nuts to play AJ this year.

We lost Sanford, Navi, and Darrington. Some of these young guys make me wonder if we didn't lose as much as we may think; but competition may have a lot to say about that. Anxious for Thursday.
11-19-2019 07:47 PM
San Giuseppe Jato Rocket Offline
1st String

I Root For: il Rockets
(11-19-2019 05:39 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  
(11-19-2019 01:43 PM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  Thank you for sharing Mr Jones! I intended to listen and forgot. I doubt any of the three will play this year. This places more pressure on Moore to develop. Foot injuries are the worst and must be dealt with with great care and patience so I don’t see Acunzo playing this year as well. Depth will be a definite issue with the painful loss of Edu. What would’ve been a solid nine man rotation is now eight

Go Rockets!

That was probably because the under 16 timeout didn't happen until 12:06. So there was no stoppage for a long time.

Players for both Toledo and Robert Morris were exhausted. But with no fouls nor turnovers the clock just kept ticking down. The entire game only took just over an hour and 30 minutes.
11-19-2019 08:16 PM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

That’s why SJR... good call. The refs were calling it loose and that’s exactly the reason now that I reflect... no play stoppage

Go Rockets!
11-19-2019 08:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.