Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Post Reply 
2019-20 College Football Coaching Carousel
Author Message
Bookmark and Share
Almadenmike Online
Hall of Famer
*

Posts: 17,867
Joined: Jul 2005
Reputation: 95
I Root For: Rice Owls
Location: San Jose, Calif.

DonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonators
Post: #101
RE: 2019-20 College Football Coaching Carousel
(Yesterday 10:45 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(12-03-2019 05:04 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  Here are the details of Greg Schiano’s historic contract to return to Rutgers

Quote:Bowl games: Schiano will earn $75,000 for a non-College Football Playoff “Group A” bowl game appearance and $75,000 for winning the bowl game. The Belk, Music City and Quick Lane Bowls (and successor games) are considered “Group A.” All other non-CFP bowl games are considered “Group B*," and Schiano earns $100,000 for appearing in one and $100,000 for winning one.

*who-cares-bowls

If nobody cares, why are they paying him for making/winning one?

And why are they paying him MORE for making & winning Group B bowls ($100K) than their Group A ones ($75K)?
Today 02:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
That Guy 2012 Offline
1st String
*

Posts: 1,041
Joined: Nov 2011
Reputation: 37
I Root For: Rice
Location: Row 1, Seat 1
Post: #102
RE: 2019-20 College Football Coaching Carousel
(Today 02:08 PM)Almadenmike Wrote:  
(Yesterday 10:45 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(12-03-2019 05:04 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  Here are the details of Greg Schiano’s historic contract to return to Rutgers

Quote:Bowl games: Schiano will earn $75,000 for a non-College Football Playoff “Group A” bowl game appearance and $75,000 for winning the bowl game. The Belk, Music City and Quick Lane Bowls (and successor games) are considered “Group A.” All other non-CFP bowl games are considered “Group B*," and Schiano earns $100,000 for appearing in one and $100,000 for winning one.

*who-cares-bowls

If nobody cares, why are they paying him for making/winning one?

And why are they paying him MORE for making & winning Group B bowls ($100K) than their Group A ones ($75K)?

Presumably because the likely scenario if in a bowl that is neither Group A, nor CFP, it is one of the upper level Big Ten Bowls (Outback, Gator, Holiday, Pinstripe).

If that is the actual breakdown in the contract (Belk, MC, QL vs. all others), that strikes me as very odd. For one, there are Big Ten tie in bowls with lower payouts/prestige than the Belk & Music City, and also because a 6-6 year in a season heavy with .500+ Big Ten teams, they could get jettisoned to a secondary tie-in at an even less desirable bowl.
Today 02:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tanqtonic Online
Heisman
*

Posts: 6,456
Joined: Nov 2016
Reputation: 311
I Root For: rice
Location:
Post: #103
RE: 2019-20 College Football Coaching Carousel
(Today 02:08 PM)Almadenmike Wrote:  
(Yesterday 10:45 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(12-03-2019 05:04 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  Here are the details of Greg Schiano’s historic contract to return to Rutgers

Quote:Bowl games: Schiano will earn $75,000 for a non-College Football Playoff “Group A” bowl game appearance and $75,000 for winning the bowl game. The Belk, Music City and Quick Lane Bowls (and successor games) are considered “Group A.” All other non-CFP bowl games are considered “Group B*," and Schiano earns $100,000 for appearing in one and $100,000 for winning one.

*who-cares-bowls

If nobody cares, why are they paying him for making/winning one?

And why are they paying him MORE for making & winning Group B bowls ($100K) than their Group A ones ($75K)?

Probably resides deep within the 'Definitions' segment of the contract.

From the bare minimum above, he gets the 75/75 *only* for 3, low level bowl games. Every other bowl game, excepting NCAA championship playoff bowl games, gets him 100/100.

I would say that if he gets a bowl game, there is a 90 per cent chance of it being a 100/100. A 5 per cent chance of being a 75/75. And a 5 per cent chance at the CFP carve out.

This is just from the blurb above.
Today 03:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 




User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)


Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2019 MyBB Group.