Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

IM GOING TO FREAK OUT...
Bookmark and Share
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
IM GOING TO FREAK OUT...
If depth proves to be the reason we haven't gotten to the NCAA tourney (MBB)...

This team is deep and we are playing our depth early in the year. We look very good and seem to have enough to win a title, (if a player gets hurt dunking in a tourney pregame) we should be able to overcome that!

If the depth and minutes proves to win a title... It just shows how wrong TK has coached in years past. Marenka and Edu together will be legendary and I know this because he is playing a young guy so we can have multiple guys with experience! Genius!

I promise we will lose some MAC games but this OOC experience will benefit us. And for that 04-clap2
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019 04:45 PM by UofToledoFans.)
11-17-2019 04:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
RE: IM GOING TO FREAK OUT...
(11-17-2019 04:44 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  If depth proves to be the reason we haven't gotten to the NCAA tourney (MBB)...

This team is deep and we are playing our depth early in the year. We look very good and seem to have enough to win a title, (if a player gets hurt dunking in a tourney pregame) we should be able to overcome that!

If the depth and minutes proves to win a title... It just shows how wrong TK has coached in years past. Marenka and Edu together will be legendary and I know this because he is playing a young guy so we can have multiple guys with experience! Genius!

I promise we will lose some MAC games but this OOC experience will benefit us. And for that 04-clap2

Three guys at 6’10” or taller next year with a year of college play under their belt. And Maranka looked like the real deal.
11-17-2019 05:01 PM
Screwball Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
We will find out a little more Thursday. That won't be Howard.
11-17-2019 06:29 PM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Coach K is not really playing very deep actually going only about 7 to 8 deep. I don't think we can sustain the success playing all these guys this many minutes. That being said I was very encouraged by what I saw today this was my first look at Donovan Moore and he was impressive I would be playing more. I think there were some posters on this site that didn't think T J smith would have 9 rebounds in his career (I was not one of them). The real test is when Mattia Acunzo starts playing I know they did not plan on redshirting him. Don't want to seem negative as we are probably the best team in the league 6 deep. No one would be happier than me if the bench develops to be better than I anticipated.
11-17-2019 06:56 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-17-2019 05:01 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(11-17-2019 04:44 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  If depth proves to be the reason we haven't gotten to the NCAA tourney (MBB)...

Three guys at 6’10” or taller next year with a year of college play under their belt. And Maranka looked like the real deal.

Someone needs to put puts some weight on in that group. Knapke is 245 now and it makes a big difference.
11-17-2019 07:03 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(11-17-2019 06:56 PM)rocketpaul Wrote:  Coach K is not really playing very deep actually going only about 7 to 8 deep. I don't think we can sustain the success playing all these guys this many minutes. That being said I was very encouraged by what I saw today this was my first look at Donovan Moore and he was impressive I would be playing more. I think there were some posters on this site that didn't think T J smith would have 9 rebounds in his career (I was not one of them). The real test is when Mattia Acunzo starts playing I know they did not plan on redshirting him. Don't want to seem negative as we are probably the best team in the league 6 deep. No one would be happier than me if the bench develops to be better than I anticipated.

He only has 9 available by my count. Moore, Maranka, Smith and Sanders all played. Even the walk-on got in for a couple minutes. Acunzo is injured, Ethrrington looks like an Rs. That means everyone has played every game. Maranka, Smith and Sanders look to be every game guys if only for a couple minutes. Smith’s high motor will let him spell Knapke some but Maranka looks too good to not play a few minutes every game. Moore will appear in blowouts. But 8 guys getting regular minutes is so deep it’s almost spelunking for Coach K.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019 07:12 PM by H2Oville Rocket.)
11-17-2019 07:09 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

BTW, Smith, Moore and Maranka combined for a 10 of 10 shooting performance.
11-17-2019 07:13 PM
roborocket Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: toledo
I was at the game today and left in a weird state of mind. They have a load of raw talent. Say or think what you want but there has been a year to year increase in talent level every year during Kowalczyk's tenure. My thoughts today were they can't be this good. We will see how good they are when they play at Notre Dame.
I think in every respect we are better than most of the schools in the MAC - facilities, attendance, etc. Considering what Kowalczyk inherited he has done a remarkable job. The "crowd" size today was not good. However, take a look at the rest of the conference. Schools like Eastern Michigan and Northern Illinois would kill to get the size of our badly attended game. I am slowly thinking that it may be time to at least start thinking to move to another conference such as the AAC. I hate the thought that we would have to give up some of our rivalries but the need for change calls for it. Just imagine us playing against Cincinnati every year.
It would improve our attendance and recruiting. Let's face it. the rest of the MAC should be downgraded to Division 2 status and I don't want to see Toledo go down with this drowning ship. There has to be someone out there who shares my thinking. If you disagree with me tell me why.
11-17-2019 08:26 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(11-17-2019 08:26 PM)roborocket Wrote:  I was at the game today and left in a weird state of mind. They have a load of raw talent. Say or think what you want but there has been a year to year increase in talent level every year during Kowalczyk's tenure. My thoughts today were they can't be this good. We will see how good they are when they play at Notre Dame.
I think in every respect we are better than most of the schools in the MAC - facilities, attendance, etc. Considering what Kowalczyk inherited he has done a remarkable job. The "crowd" size today was not good. However, take a look at the rest of the conference. Schools like Eastern Michigan and Northern Illinois would kill to get the size of our badly attended game. I am slowly thinking that it may be time to at least start thinking to move to another conference such as the AAC. I hate the thought that we would have to give up some of our rivalries but the need for change calls for it. Just imagine us playing against Cincinnati every year.
It would improve our attendance and recruiting. Let's face it. the rest of the MAC should be downgraded to Division 2 status and I don't want to see Toledo go down with this drowning ship. There has to be someone out there who shares my thinking. If you disagree with me tell me why.

The problem is that we can all think about the AAC all we want and currently we may as well think about the Big Ten or SEC. To join any of those three conferences we’d have to be asked. Nobody’s asking. And there are many D1conferences that view the MAC the way we view the AAC. The MAC is a long way from D2.
11-17-2019 08:48 PM
San Giuseppe Jato Rocket Offline
1st String

I Root For: il Rockets
(11-17-2019 08:48 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  The problem is that we can all think about the AAC all we want and currently we may as well think about the Big Ten or SEC. To join any of those three conferences we’d have to be asked. Nobody’s asking. And there are many D1conferences that view the MAC the way we view the AAC. The MAC is a long way from D2.

True. We can't even get Dayton or Cincinnati to pick up the phone to schedule non-conference home and away games.
11-17-2019 10:02 PM
Rocket Man Offline
2nd String

I’ll makes me cringe when posters say that we deserve to be in a bigger conference and the other teams in the MAC need to be downgraded to D2. How many MAC basketball championships have we won? Let's just try to win the MAC, and not worry about joining the AAC. Last time we went dancing was 1980. I love the MAC. It is a steady conference. Great history and geographic rivalries.
11-17-2019 10:33 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Attendance is whatever. It's the second home game in one weekend, and Sundat when the NFL Is playing.... Sometimes crowds suck against howard. The crowd Saturday was decent. We need those students to stand and the hardcore fans in the raftors able to come down and sit with the rest of the fans. Sucks that so many bottom bowl seats stay empty.

Either way. This team is pretty dang good.
11-17-2019 11:30 PM
roborocket Offline
Water Engineer

(11-17-2019 10:33 PM)Rocket Man Wrote:  I’ll makes me cringe when posters say that we deserve to be in a bigger conference and the other teams in the MAC need to be downgraded to D2. How many MAC basketball championships have we won? Let's just try to win the MAC, and not worry about joining the AAC. Last time we went dancing was 1980. I love the MAC. It is a steady conference. Great history and geographic rivalries.
11-18-2019 10:08 AM
rocket 51 Offline
1st String

Saw both games this weekend. Competition was very poor but...
This team is playing with great effort, passing the ball well and has more depth than in recent years. ND game will
Show us quite a bit.
11-18-2019 10:24 AM
roborocket Offline
Water Engineer

I think some people are confused about conferences. There is the ACC conference (North Carolina, Duke' Miami, Notre Dame ). Then there is the AAC (Cincinnati, Memphis, Navy, ) Toledo is not competitive enough to join the ACC. However they are a good fit for the AAC. According to recent articles the AAC is gaining in prestige while the image of the MAC is declining. Imagine playing against Cincinnati and Navy every year. Travel expenses would certainly increase but would be manageable with increased attendance Plus those dang weeknight games would be a thing of the past. Take a look at the attendance figures for the MAC - disgraceful!
11-18-2019 10:31 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(11-18-2019 10:31 AM)roborocket Wrote:  I think some people are confused about conferences. There is the ACC conference (North Carolina, Duke' Miami, Notre Dame ). Then there is the AAC (Cincinnati, Memphis, Navy, ) Toledo is not competitive enough to join the ACC. However they are a good fit for the AAC. According to recent articles the AAC is gaining in prestige while the image of the MAC is declining. Imagine playing against Cincinnati and Navy every year. Travel expenses would certainly increase but would be manageable with increased attendance Plus those dang weeknight games would be a thing of the past. Take a look at the attendance figures for the MAC - disgraceful!

That would be counteracted by the more than 10x larger TV Rights contract...however, it would appear that the AAC is going to do everything in their power to ensure they don't have to expand.
11-18-2019 10:57 AM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(11-18-2019 10:31 AM)roborocket Wrote:  I think some people are confused about conferences. There is the ACC conference (North Carolina, Duke' Miami, Notre Dame ). Then there is the AAC (Cincinnati, Memphis, Navy, ) Toledo is not competitive enough to join the ACC. However they are a good fit for the AAC. According to recent articles the AAC is gaining in prestige while the image of the MAC is declining. Imagine playing against Cincinnati and Navy every year. Travel expenses would certainly increase but would be manageable with increased attendance Plus those dang weeknight games would be a thing of the past. Take a look at the attendance figures for the MAC - disgraceful!

No confusion on my part. I’m saying the AAC is every bit as unreachable as the SEC or ACC. No one is asking us to join. Does Cinci want us competing for Ohio players at the AAC level? I can’t see them supporting a UT membership. We have nice basketball facilities but a small stadium and fewer non-revs than AAC schools. The only plus we would bring is WBB attendance. The MAC is where we stay for the foreseeable future,
11-18-2019 12:28 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
We can't even compete with Ball State in football.
11-18-2019 12:50 PM
UTerry Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(11-17-2019 10:33 PM)Rocket Man Wrote:  I’ll makes me cringe when posters say that we deserve to be in a bigger conference and the other teams in the MAC need to be downgraded to D2. How many MAC basketball championships have we won? Let's just try to win the MAC, and not worry about joining the AAC. Last time we went dancing was 1980. I love the MAC. It is a steady conference. Great history and geographic rivalries.

ever hear of the saying: you are who you associate with. The MAC is looked down it nationally and even locally. So Toledo is looked down on...…...
11-19-2019 08:31 AM
UTerry Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(11-18-2019 12:28 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

No confusion on my part. I’m saying the AAC is every bit as unreachable as the SEC or ACC. No one is asking us to join. Does Cinci want us competing for Ohio players at the AAC level? I can’t see them supporting a UT membership. We have nice basketball facilities but a small stadium and fewer non-revs than AAC schools. The only plus we would bring is WBB attendance. The MAC is where we stay for the foreseeable future,

Say it ain't so...….
03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead
11-19-2019 08:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.