Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Marshall Fans
Bookmark and Share
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Exclamation Marshall Fans
It appears you will most likely win the East and maybe CUSA. How do you square that with wanting Doc Holliday gone? Can you fire a coach that just won the conference? Will you want his contract extended if he does win CUSA?
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2019 09:07 AM by 49RFootballNow.)
11-16-2019 01:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Marshall Fans
(11-16-2019 01:00 PM)MT FAN Wrote:  It appears you will most likely win the East and maybe CUSA. How do you square that with wanting Doc Holliday gone? Can you fire a coach that just won the conference? Will you want his contract extended if he does win CUSA?

A hopeful "retirement."
11-16-2019 01:02 PM
Dorrej Offline
Special Teams

(11-16-2019 01:00 PM)MT FAN Wrote:  It appears you will most likely win the East and maybe CUSA. How do you square that with wanting Doc Holliday gone? Can you fire a coach that just won the conference? Will you want his contract extended if he does win CUSA?
Doc will leave on his own terms... there are no expectations within the AD and if 2016 didn’t get him fired nothing will.
A lot of fans are done with Doc due to his blunders, embarrassing losses, and consistent underachieving. Win out this season and get a big win OOC next season (Boise or Pitt) to go along with another championship and some will get back on the bandwagon, but many believe he is gonna retire after next season regardless of results(he’ll be fully vested for WV pension).
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019 01:23 PM by Dorrej.)
11-16-2019 01:21 PM
CoachMaclid Offline
All American

We have been a very mediocre team the last 5 years and have had almost no offensive identity. We’ve been nationally irrelevant since 2014, and we really haven’t been in the top half of FBs since then. I would like to see a culture change with our football, but 10-3 with a conference title this year was sort of my minimal expectation for him earning his 2020 season.

Over the last three home games, our average announced attendance is 20,119. This is the second worst 3-game stretch in Marshall FBS history. The worst was the last 3 home games of Snyder’s coaching tenure in 2009, which averaged 19,853 and got him fired. If we draw less than 22k vs FIU, this year will surpass Snyder’s final 4 games which were the final 4 home games after the UCF debacle that basically ended his time at Marshall.
11-16-2019 01:31 PM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

lol, lot of football still left to play.
11-16-2019 01:42 PM
MT FAN Offline
All American

(11-16-2019 01:31 PM)CoachMaclid Wrote:  We have been a very mediocre team the last 5 years and have had almost no offensive identity. We’ve been nationally irrelevant since 2014, and we really haven’t been in the top half of FBs since then. I would like to see a culture change with our football, but 10-3 with a conference title this year was sort of my minimal expectation for him earning his 2020 season.

Over the last three home games, our average announced attendance is 20,119. This is the second worst 3-game stretch in Marshall FBS history. The worst was the last 3 home games of Snyder’s coaching tenure in 2009, which averaged 19,853 and got him fired. If we draw less than 22k vs FIU, this year will surpass Snyder’s final 4 games which were the final 4 home games after the UCF debacle that basically ended his time at Marshall.

I assumed you guys would feel that way. Essentially, you want a culture change. I think the majority of our fans feel the same way about Stockstill. Even if he was to finally win a conference championship next year. I believe the majority of people would still want him gone. The damage is already done. There is zero interest or excitement in football at MT with him at the helm. You can tell by the empty stands. Change is needed to breathe some life back into the place.
11-16-2019 02:18 PM
Advertisement

MT FAN Offline
All American

(11-16-2019 01:42 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  

lol, lot of football still left to play.

What? You don't think Marshall will most likely win the East?
11-16-2019 02:19 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
We also shouldn't lose almost every game that matters like we have under Doc, OOC. Vtech, NC state, Louisville, Boise, games we nee to compete and win some of, all losses. Winning this conference is the same as winning a medal in the special olympics, and I don't think Doc will win it, to be honest. He'll lose against FIU, Charlotte or the title, so its a moot point anyway. Its time for Doc to step aside. He has lost the fanbase. 8-4 and a bowl game, with a title and being relevant once in 10 years, isn't enough in Huntington.
11-16-2019 02:23 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
Our situations are very similar but you could easily argue Doc has been even better than Stockstill, so I feel like our claim is more solid for pursuing change. One in which isn't possible for us, because the buyout is still $6M
11-16-2019 02:44 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

Our head coach's style just doesn't suit the fan base, that includes both his football philosophy and his personality.

Bobby Pruett will always be the hero to the fans. It wasn't just that he won - a lot, but he just brought a swagger (with a little country charm) to the team and the supporters. He wasn't bashful about setting expectations and believing that we could compete with anybody. His big three phrases were:

We Play for Championships
Anybody, Anytime, Anywhere
If your scared, get a dog.

The players and fans bought in. It was a culture. We simply didn't lose at home, we didn't lose conference games often at all, and we went on the road against the Ohio States, Floridas, Georgias, of the world. We would go play top 10 teams, and with only a few exceptions, were always competitive. We beat a top 10 Kansas State, lost to Ohio State on a walk off 53 yard FG, pushed Georgia to the wire, etc.

Until we get a coach that gets us back to that, the fans won't be happy with anybody.
11-16-2019 06:01 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Doc loses games Marshall should win doesn't seem to prepare the team for big games and gets conservative in the 2nd half playing not to lose. All of those have been on display this year: losing to MTSU (who might just lose to 0-9 Rice), played solid first half against Boise St. with the offense moving the ball well only to have almost no offense in 2nd half, completely unprepared for Cincy getting blown out at home. Throw in a 3 - 9 season a couple years ago that no one understands that's a little bit of the reason Marshall fans are tired of Doc. There are rumors Doc plans to announce his retirement at season's end, if that happens, I hope Hamrick and the powers that be at Marshall go for the best available coach NOT one that has Marshall or WV ties, that approach failed multiple times for Marshall Hoops and didn't work out well when Pruett was replaced.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019 06:36 PM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
11-16-2019 06:34 PM
Advertisement

Dusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: Winning in Paradise
(11-16-2019 02:23 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  We also shouldn't lose almost every game that matters like we have under Doc, OOC. Vtech, NC state, Louisville, Boise, games we nee to compete and win some of, all losses. Winning this conference is the same as winning a medal in the special olympics, and I don't think Doc will win it, to be honest. He'll lose against FIU, Charlotte or the title, so its a moot point anyway. Its time for Doc to step aside. He has lost the fanbase. 8-4 and a bowl game, with a title and being relevant once in 10 years, isn't enough in Huntington.

Big talk for a team that’s won the conference once in 15 years.
11-16-2019 06:45 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

(11-16-2019 06:45 PM)Dusky Wrote:  
(11-16-2019 02:23 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  We also shouldn't lose almost every game that matters like we have under Doc, OOC. Vtech, NC state, Louisville, Boise, games we nee to compete and win some of, all losses. Winning this conference is the same as winning a medal in the special olympics, and I don't think Doc will win it, to be honest. He'll lose against FIU, Charlotte or the title, so its a moot point anyway. Its time for Doc to step aside. He has lost the fanbase. 8-4 and a bowl game, with a title and being relevant once in 10 years, isn't enough in Huntington.

That's why we need Doc gone. Imbecile.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
11-16-2019 07:07 PM
herdfifteen Offline
2nd String

I Root For: uncw
(11-16-2019 07:07 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  

You are the one who made the ridiculous statement insulting every fan base in the conference by saying winning it was comparable to winning a Special Olympics medal. Wanting Doc gone is a totally different issue.
11-16-2019 07:55 PM
Dusky Offline
1st String

My point was obviously about your comment about the conference. Obviously you’re a moron so I’ll just laugh at you and move on.
11-16-2019 07:57 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

(11-16-2019 07:57 PM)Dusky Wrote:  

My point was obviously about your comment about the conference. Obviously you’re a moron so I’ll just laugh at you and move on.
That's the point lol. You are too simple to realize that's why Doc needs to go. If we had a good coach, we would have obviously won more titles in this dumpster fire. Our team this year is terribly coached, and awful at QB, and we are still able to win because others are even worse.

11-16-2019 07:59 PM
Advertisement

Dusky Offline
1st String

Wow you’re a clown.
11-16-2019 08:05 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

(11-16-2019 08:05 PM)Dusky Wrote:  Wow you’re a clown.
I feel sorry for you, but one day you'll get it, just keep at it! IQs can improve.

11-16-2019 08:05 PM
Dusky Offline
1st String

(11-16-2019 08:05 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  
(11-16-2019 08:05 PM)Dusky Wrote:  Wow you’re a clown.
I feel sorry for you, but one day you'll get it, just keep at it! IQs can improve.

A clown from WV feels sorry for me...that’s great.
11-16-2019 08:10 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

That's a strange observation from a fan of a school that's 1-5 against Marshall.

That's the whole point, we have won more conference games than anyone since realignment. USM is the only conference team we have a losing record against (8-6), and yet our coach always seems to have a wtf game against somebody that keeps us out of the championship game.

This year that has been the MTSU game. We had no business losing that game, just a bad, poorly executed, game plan. So even though we have beaten La Tech, FAU and WKU who, along with USM/UAB are the top of the conference this year, we are in must win position our last two games. If we had handled our business at Middle the east would be done.
11-16-2019 10:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.