Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OHSAA Football Playoffs
Bookmark and Share
Rocket A Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
OHSAA Football Playoffs
Why is the CCHS / SJJ game being play at Clay and not UT???
11-15-2019 03:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

RE: OHSAA Football Playoffs
I have no clue but it is certainly a missed opportunity for our University to host a big time local playoff matchup.
11-15-2019 03:31 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
Is anyone aware that there was even any demand to hold the game at UT? UT can't force them to hold it there. Clay is a league member and has better facilities than UT for this event. Easy in. Easy out. No parking concerns. Closer to the field. It was a no-brainer.
11-15-2019 04:23 PM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

(11-15-2019 04:23 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Is anyone aware that there was even any demand to hold the game at UT? UT can't force them to hold it there. Clay is a league member and has better facilities than UT for this event. Easy in. Easy out. No parking concerns. Closer to the field. It was a no-brainer.

Also free to host at Clay?
11-15-2019 04:34 PM
Advertisement

bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(11-15-2019 03:31 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  I have no clue but it is certainly a missed opportunity for our University to host a big time local playoff matchup.
Probably STILL don't have all the snow & ice cleared from the bleachers 03-banghead
11-15-2019 04:46 PM
rocket 51 Offline
1st String

One would hope that UT would make it as inexpensive and convenient as possible to host a game of this importance.
11-15-2019 04:47 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-15-2019 04:34 PM)PaulJ Wrote:  
(11-15-2019 04:23 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Is anyone aware that there was even any demand to hold the game at UT? UT can't force them to hold it there. Clay is a league member and has better facilities than UT for this event. Easy in. Easy out. No parking concerns. Closer to the field. It was a no-brainer.

Also free to host at Clay?

Clay is an OHSAA member. I don't know all the details but as I understand, insurance and such are taken care of. Homefield of course gets concessions. I believe they can charge for parking if they choose.
11-15-2019 05:14 PM
Advertisement

adunifon Offline
Heisman

OHSAA Football Playoffs
(11-15-2019 04:46 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  
(11-15-2019 03:31 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  I have no clue but it is certainly a missed opportunity for our University to host a big time local playoff matchup.
Probably STILL don't have all the snow & ice cleared from the bleachers 03-banghead

Darn, you beat me to it. Haha.
11-15-2019 08:37 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

Game should have been at UT. Clay could not handle a crowd of that magnitude. It took over 20 minutes to get into the parking lot. Missed kickoff because of it. Certainly not an easy in. Very nice facility though, even better when there's hardly any wind.
11-16-2019 09:51 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-16-2019 09:51 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  

Game should have been at UT. Clay could not handle a crowd of that magnitude. It took over 20 minutes to get into the parking lot. Missed kickoff because of it. Certainly not an easy in. Very nice facility though, even better when there's hardly any wind.

Crowd of WHAT magnitude?

Game was right where it should have been. UT doesn't want to be dealing with the security issues. Piece of cake getting in. No different than UT on a school day or even a Saturday large crowd day if you show up late or don't know the options.
11-17-2019 06:37 AM
Advertisement

Babes boy Offline
1st String

Not wanting to change the subject of the post. But still about the playoffs. North West Ohio had two undefeated teams Northwood and Gibsonburg (10-0) that did not make the playoffs. I believe this is the second time this has happened to Northwood. Definitely changes need to be made.
11-17-2019 10:14 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-17-2019 10:14 AM)Babes boy Wrote:  Not wanting to change the subject of the post. But still about the playoffs. North West Ohio had two undefeated teams Northwood and Gibsonburg (10-0) that did not make the playoffs. I believe this is the second time this has happened to Northwood. Definitely changes need to be made.

It would have been awhile ago (I'm fairly certain) since an undefeated team, let alone Northwood didn't make play-offs. 2011 I believe. The question of changes are state-wide vs. local.

That both were in the NW Ohio corner I don't think a coincidence. We have a sparce population that also has some of the best small school football in the state and that borders THE best small school football in the state, who happen to be partially in the same region assignment.

A few teams switched to 8-man, schedules got changed or were particularly weak and teams couldn't build up the points they needed. A change (some think gerry-mander) of the regions put GBurg into an extremely difficult region while a region border a few miles away, they would have competed well with the top teams, let alone the last team in. GBurg's schedule, teams that normally do well, didn't. They retained OOC teams that had poor records for several previous years, so part of that goes to the difficulty of being AD.

No real solution at a higher level that doesn't let in even more weaker teams or shorten the regular revenue making season. The more local solution is better conference, better scheduling.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019 11:19 AM by eastisbest.)
11-17-2019 11:19 AM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(11-17-2019 06:37 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  

Crowd of WHAT magnitude?

Game was right where it should have been. UT doesn't want to be dealing with the security issues. Piece of cake getting in. No different than UT on a school day or even a Saturday large crowd day if you show up late or don't know the options.

“ UT does not want to be dealing with the security issues “.
And you know this to be a fact !!!
- Game was not where it needed to be, at least IMO...
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019 01:45 PM by FMRocket.)
11-17-2019 01:42 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-17-2019 01:42 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  
(11-17-2019 06:37 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  

Crowd of WHAT magnitude?

“ UT does not want to be dealing with the security issues “.
And you know this to be a fact !!!

Sorry, in my head I was presuming it would be taken as an opinion (and wise advice).

It was held at the right place.
11-17-2019 04:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.