Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PUGH / DEVERAUX
Bookmark and Share
Jb 94' Offline
Banned

I Root For: Huskies
PUGH / DEVERAUX
Does anyone know if these linebackers, will be able to play next year, or has their eligibility ran out? On an entirely another note, has Rodney Hall been on the field even once this year?
11-14-2019 09:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
RE: PUGH / DEVERAUX
(11-14-2019 09:59 AM)Jb 94 Wrote:  Does anyone know if these linebackers, will be able to play next year, or has their eligibility ran out? On an entirely another note, has Rodney Hall been on the field even once this year?

Both will be eligible to return next year, if they choose to. Deveraux has a medical redshirt and Pugh played under 4 games. Haven't seen Hall at all, which stinks, because the dude is a big body with speed.
11-14-2019 10:02 AM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(11-14-2019 10:02 AM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  
(11-14-2019 09:59 AM)Jb 94 Wrote:  Does anyone know if these linebackers, will be able to play next year, or has their eligibility ran out? On an entirely another note, has Rodney Hall been on the field even once this year?

Both will be eligible to return next year, if they choose to. Deveraux has a medical redshirt and Pugh played under 4 games. Haven't seen Hall at all, which stinks, because the dude is a big body with speed.

I always though Hall had great size to switch to LB. Maybe he doesn’t want to or just doesn’t have that ability, but physically he’d be a beast of a LB.
11-14-2019 10:10 AM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

Had Pugh not taken his redshirt year already?
11-14-2019 10:20 AM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

Pugh HAS taken his redshirt year but considering he had two seasons end really early because of injuries, he’s got a shot at a medical RS if he wants to come back
11-14-2019 10:23 AM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(11-14-2019 10:20 AM)7 Wrote:  

Had Pugh not taken his redshirt year already?

Pugh took his redshirt, but I believe might qualify for med redshirt. Lance played as a true freshman and never took his.

Even if we just get Lance back next year with Cole and the other young guys we will have a good group IMO.
11-14-2019 10:23 AM
Advertisement

Red Dog Offline
Special Teams

I agree - I think the LB group should be good next year with the return of Lance, Cole and the young guys like Labus and Rattin getting valuable experience this year. Both of those young guys look like they could be solid players. I'm pretty sure I've also seen Pugh mention on social media that he'll be back for another season so that's good news.

Go Huskies!
11-14-2019 11:59 AM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

No disrespect but if Deveraux and Pugh do not return, our depth at LB will as as weak as it was this year. Their return will mark the return to excellence in the position and great things for 2020.
11-14-2019 12:37 PM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

Of course as long as Pugh stays healthy.
11-14-2019 12:37 PM
Red Dog Offline
Special Teams

If Pugh and Deveraux return and stay healthy plus I think Cole is going to continue to develop into a very good player then that LB group will be very good. Throw in the continued development of Labus, Rattin and some of the other guys and I like the future of our defense.

We'll have McKie, Thomas, and Haney back next year too at the DB position. We need to continue to recruit and develop the D line and safeties but overall I like how this program is going to look next year and in the future as Ham's recruits get here and develop.

This season we could easily be 7-3 right now.... IF we could've sustained that last drive at Vandy and scored, IF we didn't **** the bed at home vs. Ball State and IF Bowers stayed healthy for the Miami game and we scored on our last drive. It's a game of inches and unfortunately we have lost some tough ones. Injuries haven't helped either.

BEAT EASTERN MICHIGAN!!!
11-14-2019 12:58 PM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

With Tears and Robinson basically contributing nothing, I can't see any harm in giving Hall an opportunity at WR. I mean it can't be any worse...
11-14-2019 01:24 PM
Advertisement

NILAW Offline

Cole makes me nervous. He was suspended for several games (apparently for an undisclosed disciplinary reason), has a targeting ejection, and last night against Toledo I could not tell if that was a punch attempt at the player or the ball. Even if at the ball, if he is closer and misses the ball, he will hit the player and get himself ejected.

Oh yea, he needs to work on his fake injury flop! It looked like he was looking at the sideline before the flop, so maybe some coach motioned him to fake an injury to slow Toledo down. The fake injury flop to slow down an O is hardly a novel idea; you see it often in college football, but Cole needs work on his acting skills! One thing is for sure, Hammock was going up one side and down the other on Cole, which with the timing looked to be because of that fake injury flop.

I think Cole is potentially a very good linebacker, if he matures and plays smart. He is a red shirt SO, so may he will learn from his mistakes and the coaches.

If we get back Lance Deveraux and Kyle Pugh (and both can stay healthy) with Cole (playing smart and under control), we will have a very good LB unit next year.

BTW, whatever happened to Joseph Bonds? I know he is only a RS FR, but he was beaten out by a walk-on true FR (Rattin), and isn't even on the 2-deep.
11-14-2019 01:31 PM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I wouldn't worry about things like discipline. Fans never know about any details about it. All we can do is hope the coaching staff handled it appropriately and the players learned from it and continue to progress and develop. That's all we can do. Cole seems to have a lot of potential...
11-14-2019 02:43 PM
17Huskies Offline
Heisman

No matter what, it's hard to imagine the LB group being worse than this season, it's so bad overall. Other than a straight downhill run stop, they aren't able to do much else.
11-14-2019 03:14 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

Cole got suspended for something that will be legal in a month and a half
11-14-2019 03:29 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
*Please call him Deveaux
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019 08:15 PM by prairiedawg.)
11-14-2019 08:15 PM
Advertisement

HuskieDave Offline
All American

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
(11-14-2019 03:29 PM)7 Wrote:  Cole got suspended for something that will be legal in a month and a half

Not at his age it won’t.
11-14-2019 08:43 PM
HeadoftheHuskie Offline
Water Engineer

Pugh told me himself that he will be back next year.
11-15-2019 02:59 PM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

(11-15-2019 02:59 PM)HeadoftheHuskie Wrote:  Pugh told me himself that he will be back next year.

Swag. This kid has a lot of heart and is an excellent leader. If playing football isn't in his future. Coaching might very well be.
11-15-2019 03:10 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(11-14-2019 12:58 PM)Red Dog Wrote:  We'll have McKie, Thomas, and Haney back next year too at the DB position. We need to continue to recruit and develop the D line and
BEAT EASTERN MICHIGAN!!!

Pretty sure that Haney is transferring out.
11-15-2019 04:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.