Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Unofficial JMU Social Media Manager/Counselor
Bookmark and Share
doubleduke2016 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: JMU
OT: Unofficial JMU Social Media Manager/Counselor
JMU Nation, JMU Nation 2.0, Dukes2Dukes Tickets, JMU Nation Ticket Exchange, I'm with Him Dukes Nation, I'm with Her Dukes Nation....

Is it just me or did things get crazy on the social media side in the past few weeks. I can't keep up with all the new pages and interpersonal issues. Can someone just create an infographic or something of which JMU social media personalities/pages are the ones I should be following and which I shouldn't? It hasn't been much of a "holding the door" experience in the Twitterverse these past few weeks. Maybe this is the downside of blowing opponents out each week you get bored and have to create a few new fan pages every few days.
11-13-2019 10:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ShadyP Online
Heisman

RE: OT: Unofficial JMU Social Media Manager/Counselor
(11-13-2019 10:37 AM)doubleduke2016 Wrote:  JMU Nation, JMU Nation 2.0, Dukes2Dukes Tickets, JMU Nation Ticket Exchange, I'm with Him Dukes Nation, I'm with Her Dukes Nation....

Is it just me or did things get crazy on the social media side in the past few weeks. I can't keep up with all the new pages and interpersonal issues. Can someone just create an infographic or something of which JMU social media personalities/pages are the ones I should be following and which I shouldn't? It hasn't been much of a "holding the door" experience in the Twitterverse these past few weeks. Maybe this is the downside of blowing opponents out each week you get bored and have to create a few new fan pages every few days.

That is a fair assessment.......i think the main backlash or directed toward one individual while intentions are good, comes across as a control freak who will censor anyone that disagrees with her point of view. Folks are just kind of fed up with it at this point and speaking out. Thankfully a second facebook group (JMU Nation 2.0) where folks can openly converse and disagree without being constantly inundated with selling everything from birdhouses to 50 different ripped shirts to garden gnomes. Oh I forgot to mention this was never supposed to be a site about selling stuff, well unless it is her stuff. She specifically did not want ticket exchange there, so someone created a great venue for that.....I guess it was too successful b/c now she needs control over that as well.

It is really folks just being fed up with it after a long period of time and yeah I think the last straw broke the camels back in the last week or so.

Just my 2 cents from observing and some interactions.
11-13-2019 10:50 AM
JMU_Newbill Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU & Whoever Plays VT
(11-13-2019 10:50 AM)ShadyP Wrote:  
(11-13-2019 10:37 AM)doubleduke2016 Wrote:  JMU Nation, JMU Nation 2.0, Dukes2Dukes Tickets, JMU Nation Ticket Exchange, I'm with Him Dukes Nation, I'm with Her Dukes Nation....

That is a fair assessment.......i think the main backlash or directed toward one individual while intentions are good, comes across as a control freak who will censor anyone that disagrees with her point of view. Folks are just kind of fed up with it at this point and speaking out. Thankfully a second facebook group (JMU Nation 2.0) where folks can openly converse and disagree without being constantly inundated with selling everything from birdhouses to 50 different ripped shirts to garden gnomes. Oh I forgot to mention this was never supposed to be a site about selling stuff, well unless it is her stuff. She specifically did not want ticket exchange there, so someone created a great venue for that.....I guess it was too successful b/c now she needs control over that as well.

It is really folks just being fed up with it after a long period of time and yeah I think the last straw broke the camels back in the last week or so.

That's accurate. One of the guys in our tailgate group started 2.0 kinda as a joke then handed admin rights over to a few other folks that were fairly pissed off at Carol.
11-13-2019 10:54 AM
ShadyP Online
Heisman

(11-13-2019 10:54 AM)JMU_Newbill Wrote:  
(11-13-2019 10:50 AM)ShadyP Wrote:  

That's accurate. One of the guys in our tailgate group started 2.0 kinda as a joke then handed admin rights over to a few other folks that were fairly pissed off at Carol.

My two cents again.....2.0 may have been created as a joke, but it is GREAT and I think facilitates to open dialogue folks want. Not everyone has to agree and that is not a reason to censor or ban folks. And it conveys information without all the other crap.....if I want to buy stuff I will probably start with the University Outpost or Bookstore websites and use the old google.
11-13-2019 11:04 AM
jmuwyhamhgawd Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Dukes
Wait now there are TWO facebook groups for people to post terrible squirrel memes over and over?
11-13-2019 11:06 AM
AssyrianDuke Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
(11-13-2019 11:06 AM)jmuwyhamhgawd Wrote:  Wait now there are TWO facebook groups for people to post terrible squirrel memes over and over?

Based on the OP, I would say it's more like ten FB groups.
11-13-2019 11:07 AM
Advertisement

bjk3047 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU DUKES.
That timeline is pretty accurate. Small clarifications in red.

late 2015 Someone created a page called Dukes in Frisco for people heading to the Championship game
Early 2016 Someone named Carol is given control of this page since she is an Alumn in the DFW area
2016 Someone named Carol changes the group name to JMU Nation
~2017-2018 Someone on JMU Nation says we should have another page for selling tickets only for Dukes fans since the Nation page is being bogged down with lots of ticket requests
~2017-2018 Someone makes Duke2Duke Tickets to sell tickets
~2017-2019 A lot of JMU stuff is sold on JMU Nation including but not limited to JMU socks
9/2019 Someone from Duke2Duke offends someone from JMU Nation. JMU Nation demands action but gets none
9/2019 JMU Nation 2.0 is created on a lark in response to demanded action
11/2019 Someone named Carol is displeased with her experience on Duke2Duke and creates her own ticket group. Surely not related to demanded action not taken
11/2019 Someone continually complains about ordering socks in August and not getting them yet
11/2019 Someone named Carol has confirmed the socks have been sent and provides a tracking number.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2019 11:42 AM by bjk3047.)
11-13-2019 11:41 AM
JMU_71 Offline
1st String

I Root For: James Madison
Like sands in an hourglass...these are the days of our lives...
11-13-2019 12:46 PM
JMaddy Offline
All American

I will join the organization that doesn't have ******* squirrels.
11-13-2019 12:58 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Guys, rule #1 is don't be on Facebook.

If you have to break rule #1, then just don't contribute to nazi regime groups like Carol's. Go where you can speak freely & not be inundated with her store's garbage products.
11-13-2019 01:24 PM
JMU85 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes of JMU
[Image: Just-Say-No.png]
11-13-2019 01:40 PM
Advertisement

chicagoduke Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Dukes
(11-13-2019 01:24 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  Guys, rule #1 is don't be on Facebook.

If you have to break rule #1, then just don't contribute to nazi regime groups like Carol's. Go where you can speak freely & not be inundated with her store's garbage products.

Rule #1 is the only rule. FB was worth my time for it's first 10 years of existence, but these days it's mostly trash. I gave it up a couple of years ago and my life has been so much better since.
11-13-2019 01:53 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

I rejected Facebook in 2002 because I “knew it wouldn’t last” a la Friendster and other early social media sites. Then I just never did it!
11-13-2019 02:00 PM
JMU_Degenerate Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU DUUUUKES
(11-13-2019 02:00 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  I rejected Facebook in 2002 because I “knew it wouldn’t last” a la Friendster and other early social media sites. Then I just never did it!

Impressive that you rejected Facebook years before it was created knowing that it would not last a la Friendster, which also had not been created yet.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2019 02:41 PM by JMU_Degenerate.)
11-13-2019 02:40 PM
JMaddy Offline
All American

(11-13-2019 02:40 PM)JMU_Degenerate Wrote:  
(11-13-2019 02:00 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  I rejected Facebook in 2002 because I “knew it wouldn’t last” a la Friendster and other early social media sites. Then I just never did it!

Impressive that you rejected Facebook years before it was created knowing that it would not last a la Friendster, which also had not been created yet.

Let him go, he's rolling!
11-13-2019 03:57 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-13-2019 02:40 PM)JMU_Degenerate Wrote:  

Not trying to be funny & definitely not lying. I was a freshman at JMU in 2002-03 & at some point during that year "got on" Friendster & it died. That same year, facebook was launched at JMU (had to have a JMU email address) and I didn't do it.

Weird that you think I'm telling a story about something this insignificant...
11-13-2019 04:13 PM
Advertisement

HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

I will admit that it COULD have been 2003-04 that I rejected facebook. Was DEFINITELY 2002-03 that I was on Friendster. Is wikipedia claiming I'm lying or something?
11-13-2019 04:16 PM
JMaddy Offline
All American

(11-13-2019 04:16 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  I will admit that it COULD have been 2003-04 that I rejected facebook. Was DEFINITELY 2002-03 that I was on Friendster. Is wikipedia claiming I'm lying or something?

Its cool, we all went to JMU to and know how the years all seem to blend together into one big hazy memory of blissful times and crazy parties.
11-13-2019 04:19 PM
jmuduke10 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison U
This is all so stupid. I still have Facebook, but never use it and too lazy to delete it.
11-13-2019 06:54 PM
JMUska Offline
Special Teams

Not aware of any of this stuff.

I think Facebook mighta been 2004 in rolling out at JMU. Totally believe your story though, Hyper. I’m basing my belief on the fact that it’d be a dumb thing to fabricate a story about, and I’m basing my belief and timeline off of the fact that I remember where I lived the day I made fun of my roommate for signing up to “look at pictures of your friends on a computer.”
11-13-2019 08:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.