Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Listening to 92.9 to keep up with the Wiseman situation...
Bookmark and Share
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Listening to 92.9 to keep up with the Wiseman situation...
and it’s doom and gloom. Basically if you have been listening to them the past two days, all it has been is we’re toast and the NCAA is in the right whether we like the rules or not. Tired of it, I turned it off. Frankly they keep saying stuff that isn’t true. Anyone who thinks Ballin and Fishman will get hosed is stupid.
11-12-2019 03:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Listening to 92.9 to keep up with the Wiseman situation...
(11-12-2019 03:59 PM)Joe1 Wrote:  and it’s doom and gloom. Basically if you have been listening to them the past two days, all it has been is we’re toast and the NCAA is in the right whether we like the rules or not. Tired of it, I turned it off. Frankly they keep saying stuff that isn’t true. Anyone who thinks Ballin and Fishman will get hosed is stupid.

If they don't agree to a settlement, which I think is the smart thing to do, then it will drag on all season and then long after Wiseman is gone a court somewhere down the road will side with the NCAA and that's when the punishment will come.
11-12-2019 04:04 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(11-12-2019 04:04 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  
(11-12-2019 03:59 PM)Joe1 Wrote:  and it’s doom and gloom. Basically if you have been listening to them the past two days, all it has been is we’re toast and the NCAA is in the right whether we like the rules or not. Tired of it, I turned it off. Frankly they keep saying stuff that isn’t true. Anyone who thinks Ballin and Fishman will get hosed is stupid.

If they don't agree to a settlement, which I think is the smart thing to do, then it will drag on all season and then long after Wiseman is gone a court somewhere down the road will side with the NCAA and that's when the punishment will come.

Agree, also Epstein didn't kill himself.
11-12-2019 04:06 PM
BigTigerMike Online
Hall of Famer

Take comfort. I’m not a lawyer and neither are they.

I’m on this board discussing the issue and going back n forth on what this or that mean because not all of the information is publicity available . They likewise should be doing the same but they obviously are not.

Geoff was a lawyer but not a sports lawyers
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2019 04:08 PM by BigTigerMike.)
11-12-2019 04:07 PM
tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: more wins

The only hope we have is if the NCAA did clear him in May with the knowledge that Penny had assisted the family with moving expenses. This gives James and the UofM a leg to stand on. Not a great one, but it’s something. If they found out that information later, we will get shafted hard.
11-12-2019 04:08 PM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
Can't do anything about it. Ballin and Fishman will fight and they're obviously brilliant litigators.

Just not gonna get all worked up with the back and forth. It's in very very capable hands.
11-12-2019 04:13 PM
Advertisement

mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

It all starts with Parrish and they all will defer to him.
11-12-2019 04:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cmt Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

They need to agree to a settlement before Monday. 4-10 games, pay back the money and get ready for March.
11-12-2019 04:23 PM
BigTigerMike Online
Hall of Famer

(11-12-2019 04:15 PM)mairving Wrote:  It all starts with Parrish and they all will defer to him.

Yep. They don’t want to be too much inconsistent with their flagship host.
11-12-2019 04:23 PM
UMTiger02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers & Uggla
I don’t think Jason and John are doom and gloom. The other seem to be. But whatever their opinion doesn’t matter ultimately
11-12-2019 04:26 PM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-12-2019 04:23 PM)cmt Wrote:  

They need to agree to a settlement before Monday. 4-10 games, pay back the money and get ready for March.

Exactly this. I was hoping a settlement would've met before tonight's game.
11-12-2019 04:27 PM
Advertisement

Tigers and Tide Offline
Water Engineer

Amen. I was getting so frustrated listening to J&J's interview with Clay Travis. The focus of almost all of their questions to Clay was falsely predicated on fact that the UofM is suing the NCAA. It only takes reading the complaint, which is publicly available at this point, to find out that the UofM is not suing the NCAA. Only James is suing the NCAA. While the UofM's interests do align with James in this case, they are not the ones taking legal action, at least not yet. Since J&J used that wrong premise as the backdrop for all of the questions, the entire interview was largely a waste of time.
11-12-2019 04:28 PM
450bench Offline

(11-12-2019 04:26 PM)UMTiger02 Wrote:  whatever their opinion doesn’t matter ultimately

^^^^^
11-12-2019 04:28 PM
dwash Offline
1st String

I Root For:
They even say U of M vs. NCAA in their advertisements or show previews. This is their job so let them.do what they gotta do to make money.
11-12-2019 04:32 PM
Alanda Offline
All American

I found it interesting listening to Fishman that if you are charged with murder you know the potential sentences before you are found guilty. With the NCAA they won't say the penalty till after you are found "guilty".

(11-12-2019 04:08 PM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  The only hope we have is if the NCAA did clear him in May with the knowledge that Penny had assisted the family with moving expenses. This gives James and the UofM a leg to stand on. Not a great one, but it’s something. If they found out that information later, we will get shafted hard.

IMO it seems the NCAA knew about the assistance back in May. "Somehow" they didn't know or didn't give enough concern about Penny's 2008 donation back in May. Now it's "somehow" become a problem.

If anyone wants to listen to Randy Fishman's interview.

https://929espn.radio.com/media/audio-ch...dy-fishman
11-12-2019 04:40 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
(11-12-2019 04:07 PM)BigTigerMike Wrote:  

Take comfort. I’m not a lawyer and neither are they.

I’m on this board discussing the issue and going back n forth on what this or that mean because not all of the information is publicity available . They likewise should be doing the same but they obviously are not.

Geoff was a lawyer but not a sports lawyers

There really isn't "sports law."

It's generally a mix of contract law, employment law, and torts.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2019 07:46 PM by salukiblue.)
11-12-2019 04:41 PM
Advertisement

salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
(11-12-2019 04:28 PM)Tigers and Tide Wrote:  

Amen. I was getting so frustrated listening to J&J's interview with Clay Travis. The focus of almost all of their questions to Clay was falsely predicated on fact that the UofM is suing the NCAA. It only takes reading the complaint, which is publicly available at this point, to find out that the UofM is not suing the NCAA. Only James is suing the NCAA. While the UofM's interests do align with James in this case, they are not the ones taking legal action, at least not yet. Since J&J used that wrong premise as the backdrop for all of the questions, the entire interview was largely a waste of time.

Yep, and they never once addressed that.

They are terrible interviewers.
11-12-2019 04:43 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-12-2019 04:27 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  Exactly this. I was hoping a settlement would've met before tonight's game.

see if they can get a 6 game susp-

play tonight vs Oregon, sit vs:

Alcorn
Little Rock
Ole Miss
NC State (neutral at Brooklyn)
Bradley
@ UAB

back for @ Tennessee.

That should be a 5-1 stretch at worst.
11-12-2019 04:55 PM
sherekhan Offline
Special Teams

Forgive me for being a Debbie Downer, but if James gets an unfavorable ruling on Monday, then Saturday could be his last game as a Tiger.

Watching this team play without James, knowing what could have been, with him in the lineup, will be hard to take.

Hopefully the lawyers can pull off a win on Monday.
11-12-2019 04:56 PM
bobby jo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: memphis
Although its not always been the case, I have the utmost confidence in the University’s leadership, the coaches and the lawyers representing Wiseman....It almost seems they are holding a royal flush and just waiting to lay the winning hand on the table....
11-12-2019 04:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.