Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UMass
Bookmark and Share
geewizNU Offline
All American

I Root For: Northeastern
UMass
NU heads up to Amherst to play UMass Tuesday night.

UMass is coming off a road win at Fairfield. They have a very young but talented team.

UMass plays up-tempo, so hopefully NU can get them to make turnovers that lead to easy baskets. Pretty sure they will focus their efforts on stopping Roland.

https://www.umasshoops.com/newboard/view...=1&t=16253

Today NU received a vote in the AP Top 25 poll. Nice, but will be short-lived.

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

Roland was named CAA POTW
Walker named CAA ROTW

https://youtu.be/Pl6O9HpWoow
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2019 11:50 PM by geewizNU.)
11-11-2019 02:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NUGUY Offline
1st String

I Root For: nu
RE: UMass
We haven't been great in Amherst but it is midweek and it's on NESN so the crowd may not be much of a factor. We are still going to need our bigs to contribute and stay out of foul trouble.

What's up with Sy Chatman? A no show for weeks one and two? Does he think he was "recruited over" when Mass brought in four star freshman Tre Mitchell?

A last thought on Tyson's ROW award. All that was cited was his point totals but he earned the award because of his court presence, his defensive skills, his quickness and his shot selection.....with his fifty percent shooting efficiency including from three point land. This guy is special.
11-11-2019 09:48 PM
geewizNU Offline
All American

No Max tonight vs UMass.
11-12-2019 06:26 PM
Advertisement

SomebodyToLove Offline
Special Teams

Could really use Brace or Murphy in double digits tonight.

Hoping our depth starts to come through. Franklin and Strong have potential to be real contributors this season.

Vegas has us at 2.5 point favorites 10 minutes before game time.
11-12-2019 06:49 PM
SomebodyToLove Offline
Special Teams

16-13 early, Brace and Murphy with 8 each. Very efficient start, but I think Brace has 3 turnovers in the last 40 seconds. He needs to calm down a bit. Overall we are getting better looks than UMass, and we are rebounding fine. It definitely feels like we are the better team.
11-12-2019 07:19 PM
Advertisement

SomebodyToLove Offline
Special Teams

Half time down 36-34. We are beating ourselves.

The only reason we are losing is being completely careless with the ball, and then letting Umass take uncontested 3's that they dont have to work for. Like the guy is just dribbling outside the arch and we are defending him from like 4 feet away. They pick up their dribble and take an uncontested 3.

On offense we've been a bit unlucky. We've moved the ball well mostly and had at least 5 wide open 3's that we bricked.

Overall we are a much better team, just losing due to a perfect storm against us. I'm usually one to think we deserve to lose when we are down but tonight we deserve better. We can and should beat this team.

Also I'm sure that 80 foot shot at the buzzer to give Umass the lead will be on sports center all week, big oof.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2019 07:55 PM by SomebodyToLove.)
11-12-2019 07:50 PM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

If Max got Walters fourteen minutes in the first half we would be in good shape.
11-12-2019 07:58 PM
Advertisement

SomebodyToLove Offline
Special Teams

Honestly Walters has been rough this game. I dont trust his decision making right now. Would be nice to get some production from the bench but now one is stepping up. Franklin had a moment or two in the first half, maybe he will have a good 2nd.
11-12-2019 08:09 PM
SomebodyToLove Offline
Special Teams

Down 49-48. Umass shooting the 3 well. Is Bo Brace in triple double territory? I dont have a box score. 12 min left.
11-12-2019 08:15 PM
Advertisement

SomebodyToLove Offline
Special Teams

Doesnt look good. UMass shot well. We will have nights like these when we have no production from our bench.

Down 9 with 3 min left
11-12-2019 08:38 PM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

Five guys played more than thirty minutes. The bench contributed next to nothing. Three of our four freshmen haven't earned a single minute on the floor this year. For now, we have a depth problem, especially with Max out.

Brace and Murphy looked real good but two guys playing really well is not enough.
11-12-2019 09:08 PM
geewizNU Offline
All American

(11-12-2019 09:08 PM)NUGUY Wrote:  Five guys played more than thirty minutes. The bench contributed next to nothing. Three of our four freshmen haven't earned a single minute on the floor this year. For now, we have a depth problem, especially with Max out.

Brace and Murphy looked real good but two guys playing really well is not enough.

So we're back again with playing 7 players?

I know Eboigbodin got into foul trouble, but Smith and Strong get little PT?

Playing a team that likes to press most of the game, effective or not, wears you down.

Ridiculous...
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2019 12:02 AM by geewizNU.)
11-12-2019 10:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.