Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Vaping illness solved?
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
OT: Vaping illness solved?
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cdc-make...ll-brknews

Quote:As cases of vaping-related illnesses reach 2,051, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has announced a “breakthrough” in the search for a cause — the first identified toxicant: vitamin E acetate.

Never trust man made drugs. 05-stirthepot
11-08-2019 06:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: OT: Vaping illness solved?
(11-08-2019 06:15 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cdc-make...ll-brknews

Quote:As cases of vaping-related illnesses reach 2,051, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has announced a “breakthrough” in the search for a cause — the first identified toxicant: vitamin E acetate.

read the whole story. nearly 90% had THC in their system.

I know that, as a liberal, you are incapable of doing math . . . . but with the hint that I just gave you, perhaps you could rethink things.
11-08-2019 07:37 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(11-08-2019 07:37 PM)EagleX Wrote:  
(11-08-2019 06:15 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cdc-make...ll-brknews

I know that, as a liberal, you are incapable of doing math . . . . but with the hint that I just gave you, perhaps you could rethink things.

dafug....no fk'n shite....

name me anyone that's ever OD'd from smoking too much weed and I'll personally KYA with an extra lick and cherry on top.....

the 'bizzle is right on this one...play around with chemistry, die by playing with chemistry...

why do you think I wish I could grow my own....

you're playing with too many unknowns if it comes in a vial....

disclaimer: I'm boneder than the stonnnnnederrrrr right now.... 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2019 08:35 PM by stinkfist.)
11-08-2019 08:34 PM
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis

Wrong. THC not the culprit. ILLEGAL black market cartridges are the problem. That is the story. Legalize the s hit and regulate it. End of story.
11-09-2019 09:57 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(11-09-2019 09:57 AM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  

Wrong. THC not the culprit. ILLEGAL black market cartridges are the problem. That is the story. Legalize the s hit and regulate it. End of story.

that's correct....trying to tie those with THC in their system to any death is ignorant to the situation and doesn't understand how the black market can fk one up the arse on a whim....

all that does is define that 90% enjoyed the reefer....

one might as well do a BAC analysis in comparison....
11-09-2019 10:31 AM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ

The end would be to not use it at all. It's not like you can't. I guess that the users would rather do Russian roulette. My opinion: Who cares? If they're too stupid to stop because it might kill you, go for it. Just save some money for your funeral and don't expect mommy and daddy to pay for that too.
11-09-2019 04:52 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

(11-09-2019 10:31 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

that's correct....trying to tie those with THC in their system to any death is ignorant to the situation and doesn't understand how the black market can fk one up the arse on a whim....

admit it; your objection, to the extent that you have one, is strictly traditionalist. THC consumption should require that something be set on fire. 03-2thumbsup
11-09-2019 05:24 PM
Advertisement

BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
(11-09-2019 04:52 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  

The end would be to not use it at all. It's not like you can't. I guess that the users would rather do Russian roulette. My opinion: Who cares? If they're too stupid to stop because it might kill you, go for it. Just save some money for your funeral and don't expect mommy and daddy to pay for that too.

What in holy hell are you talking about? The frucking thing should be legal. Do you drink? Do you take Advil? Do you breathe oxygen?
11-09-2019 09:24 PM
DustMyBroom Offline
2nd String

I clicked on this thread solely to see if he “updated” (read: deleted everything beneath the picture) his sig. It was laughably juvenile before...even funnier now.
11-09-2019 11:21 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Yes, let it be legal but if you know it's bad for you and want to continue it's your business so one shouldn't cry about it afterward when it makes one sick.

I wouldn't call drinking a beer once in a blue moon as drinking and no I don't take Advil or aspirin for that matter. If I did then get sick from it then whose fault would it be? You do what you want as long as it's legal but don't cry about it afterward and try to sue someone for making you sick.

Do it.
11-10-2019 12:33 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(11-09-2019 11:21 PM)DustMyBroom Wrote:  I clicked on this thread solely to see if he “updated” (read: deleted everything beneath the picture) his sig. It was laughably juvenile before...even funnier now.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

maybe he'll plug this in now...

[Image: tenor.gif]
11-10-2019 06:37 AM
stinkfist Offline

(11-09-2019 05:24 PM)EagleX Wrote:  

admit it; your objection, to the extent that you have one, is strictly traditionalist. THC consumption should require that something be set on fire. 03-2thumbsup

yep....out of the ground and not from a vial....

I cannot submit to that version of unregulated/unreliable/unknown chemistry...it's a ticket I'm unwilling to punch for potential future negative consequences....

I have zero issue with cross breeding mary-j strains that increases THC potency....what that does is make it more cost effective for the consumer b/c the recreational user will be able to smoke less in qty. to achieve the 'buzz' and the target audience that uses it medicinally will also smoke less....you can only build up a tolerance level to a point, yet still achieve the desired effect...

one needs to remember this....mary-j is not physically addictive....alcohol and nicotine are easily light years ahead in that category...

having said that, there will always be some percentage that succumb to the mental side of that equation....therefore, I discount such in scope...I prefer choosing to 'edjumicate' as a deterrent....

#neverVape

04-cheers pal....
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2019 12:24 PM by stinkfist.)
11-10-2019 06:43 AM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard

Are you crazy? You know how much MJ you can buy for the cost of a funeral?...
11-10-2019 08:33 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(11-10-2019 06:43 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(11-09-2019 05:24 PM)EagleX Wrote:  
(11-08-2019 07:37 PM)EagleX Wrote:  read the whole story. nearly 90% had THC in their system.

yep....out of the ground and not from a vial....

I cannot submit to that version of unregulated/unreliable/unknown chemistry...it's a ticket I'm unwilling to punch for potential future negative consequences....

I have zero issue with cross breeding mary-j strains that increases THC potency....what that does is make it more cost effective for the consumer b/c the recreational user will be able to smoke less in qty. to achieve the 'buzz' and the target audience that uses it medicinally will also smoke less....you can only build up a tolerance level to a point, yet still achieve the desired effect...

one needs to remember this....mary-j is not physically addictive....alcohol and nicotine are easily light years ahead in that category...

having said that, there will always be some percentage that succumb to the mental side of that equation....therefore, I discount such in scope...I prefer choosing to 'edjumicate' as a deterrent....

#neverVape

04-cheers pal....

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/vaping/va...s-n1078781

Quote:There's now solid evidence that vitamin E oil found in bootleg THC vape products is behind at least some of the 2,000-plus severe vaping-related lung injuries nationwide — a finding the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention calls a "breakthrough" in the investigation.

"For the first time, we have detected a potential toxin of concern: vitamin E acetate," Dr. Anne Schuchat, CDC's principal deputy director, said in a call with reporters on Friday. Vitamin E acetate, an oil, is a synthetic form of vitamin E.

Investigators tested samples of fluid taken from the lungs of 29 patients with vaping illness in 10 different states, and found vitamin E acetate in all 29. No other oils, such as mineral oil or plant oils, were found at high levels.

There's now solid evidence that vitamin E oil found in bootleg THC vape products is behind at least some of the 2,000-plus severe vaping-related lung injuries nationwide — a finding the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention calls a "breakthrough" in the investigation.

"For the first time, we have detected a potential toxin of concern: vitamin E acetate," Dr. Anne Schuchat, CDC's principal deputy director, said in a call with reporters on Friday. Vitamin E acetate, an oil, is a synthetic form of vitamin E.

Investigators tested samples of fluid taken from the lungs of 29 patients with vaping illness in 10 different states, and found vitamin E acetate in all 29. No other oils, such as mineral oil or plant oils, were found at high levels.

When inhaled, however, it appears to cause problems. One official described inhaled vitamin E acetate as a coating of honey that sticks around in the lungs.

Still, investigators say they cannot yet rule out other possible toxins or ingredients that may be causing the illnesses. There may be multiple causes, and the CDC says it will continue to test vaping aerosols.

#neverVape
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2019 12:21 PM by stinkfist.)
11-10-2019 11:52 AM
stinkfist Offline

(11-10-2019 08:33 AM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  

Are you crazy? You know how much MJ you can buy for the cost of a funeral?...

and if you smoke it by design (out of the ground), it may help prolong said funeral...

#neverTrustTheAlchemist

#neverVape

#PeacePipeStillWins
11-11-2019 09:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.