Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Enforcement Criteria Adjustments for AUP in the SPIN ROOM: Read It or Weep!
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
Enforcement Criteria Adjustments for AUP in the SPIN ROOM: Read It or Weep!
1. Language: No Change
2. Name Calling: Changes
(a) Mild insults such as loon, idiot, moron, imbecile, etc., will be tolerated.
(b) Attacking a poster's person by comments directed at orientation, or family, or profession if they have revealed it, or in any means intended to inflict personal harm rather than simply ridiculing their position on an issue will be punished. Add on profanity to a mild insult will be punished as it will be deemed that it was used to provoke more than a mild response.
3. Any libelous material posted, or any doxing of another poster will result in an immediate ban.
4. All other AUP rules are in normal effect.

The Spin Room has always been free flowing and the language usage is not held to the tighter standards of the conference forums or the main board of CS/CR. None of these subtle changes should affect your normal usage and enjoyment of the Spin Room. So a thicker skin for mild insults is expected. People reporting mild insults and other nebulous purported offenses may get warned for needlessly agitating the moderators.
11-08-2019 02:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Redwingtom Offline
Proud traitor.

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
RE: Enforcement Criteria Adjustments for AUP in the SPIN ROOM: Read It or Weep!
03-2thumbsup
11-08-2019 03:00 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Makes sense.. Think I'll just go back to my old rule.. Instead of hurling insults at people, I'll call them honey boo boo or sugar or pumpkin.
11-08-2019 03:28 PM
bullet Online
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(11-08-2019 02:04 PM)JRsec Wrote:  1. Language: No Change
(b) Attacking a poster's person by comments directed at orientation, or family, or profession if they have revealed it, or in any means intended to inflict personal harm rather than simply ridiculing their position on an issue will be punished. Add on profanity to a mild insult will be punished as it will be deemed that it was used to provoke more than a mild response.
3. Any libelous material posted, or any doxing of another poster will result in an immediate ban.

The Spin Room has always been free flowing and the language usage is not held to the tighter standards of the conference forums or the main board of CS/CR. None of these subtle changes should affect your normal usage and enjoyment of the Spin Room. So a thicker skin for mild insults is expected. People reporting mild insults and other nebulous purported offenses may get warned for needlessly agitating the moderators.

I think we should be allowed to make fun of anyone who is a lawyer.
11-08-2019 03:52 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(11-08-2019 03:52 PM)bullet Wrote:  

We are just talking about human beings. Please stay within the species.
11-08-2019 04:49 PM

stinkfist Offline
laughing at MSM meltdown

I Root For: StL Blues
(11-08-2019 04:49 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

what about those that delved into the realm of politics... 03-wink 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2019 04:53 PM by stinkfist.)
11-08-2019 04:52 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Ban bans

I Root For: truffles

04-rock04-rock04-rock I like it.
11-08-2019 05:30 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Ban bans

Or anyone with a liberal arts degree.
11-08-2019 05:32 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Ban bans

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

My 79 year old retired lawyer buddy would get a kick out of these posts. He's the only lawyer I've ever known with a heart, although I'm sure there are some others. And he's as staunchly conservative as it gets.

We just got back from firing up and testing the boiler in his distillery in Hickman KY. What a cool place he's built.
11-08-2019 05:36 PM

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(11-08-2019 04:52 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

Stink, politicians are just Alpha lawyers!
11-08-2019 05:56 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(11-08-2019 05:36 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

My 79 year old retired lawyer buddy would get a kick out of these posts. He's the only lawyer I've ever known with a heart, although I'm sure there are some others. And he's as staunchly conservative as it gets.

We just got back from firing up and testing the boiler in his distillery in Hickman KY. What a cool place he's built.

Yes, he sounds truly repentant. Making a good bourbon is an act of restitution proving his contrition. Now he may go and sin no more!
11-08-2019 05:58 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(11-08-2019 05:30 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

Wait a sec...

Does this mean people go running to the mods to tattle?
11-08-2019 10:01 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(11-08-2019 05:56 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(11-08-2019 04:52 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

Stink, politicians are just Alpha lawyers!

Politicians aren’t alpha lawyers. They are just lawyers who couldn’t make any money in their area of education.
11-09-2019 08:23 AM

Redwingtom Offline
Proud traitor.

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(11-08-2019 10:01 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  

Wait a sec...

Yes, and it happens from all sides here...don't pretend otherwise. 03-wink
11-11-2019 10:09 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(11-11-2019 10:09 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Wait a sec...

It doesn't happen from me. I've never complained to a mod. I can take whatever anybody says. It's just a message board.

That said, many moons ago I actually did block a poster, but I never felt the need to report him.

Oh, and I can't recall if I've ever neg-rep'ed anybody. Typically I don't do that, either. I'll give positive reps, but not negative.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2019 11:49 AM by umbluegray.)
11-11-2019 11:45 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
Mods Suck! Death to all Mods!
11-11-2019 03:14 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(11-11-2019 03:14 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  Mods Suck! Death to all Mods!

Do you want me to stand as your second at Seppuku?
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2019 03:33 PM by JRsec.)
11-11-2019 03:32 PM

TigerBlue4Ever Online
Ban bans

(11-08-2019 05:58 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(11-08-2019 05:36 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Yes, he sounds truly repentant. Making a good bourbon is an act of restitution proving his contrition. Now he may go and sin no more!

He has a business card that reads Lawyer Turned Honest Bootlegger.
Yesterday 10:26 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Ban bans

(11-11-2019 11:45 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  
(11-11-2019 10:09 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Wait a sec...

It doesn't happen from me. I've never complained to a mod. I can take whatever anybody says. It's just a message board.

That said, many moons ago I actually did block a poster, but I never felt the need to report him.

Oh, and I can't recall if I've ever neg-rep'ed anybody. Typically I don't do that, either. I'll give positive reps, but not negative.

I try to stay away from the neg reps unless its something egregious and I'm pretty sure I've never reported anyone for calling me a name.
Yesterday 10:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.