Long playoff article
11-05-2019 12:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Long playoff article
The solution to the playoff is simple. Expand it to 8 teams. Get rid of the conf championship games (if possible) and take the 5 power 5 champs, the highest ranked group of 5 champ, and 2 at large.
11-05-2019 12:28 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
FCS does just fine with a 24-team (top eight receive first-round byes) playoff.

Shrug.
11-05-2019 12:36 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(11-05-2019 12:28 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  The solution to the playoff is simple. Expand it to 8 teams. Get rid of the conf championship games (if possible) and take the 5 power 5 champs, the highest ranked group of 5 champ, and 2 at large.

And
Pay the players
Eliminate athletic scholarships
Call it NFL Lite

Then I can quit caring.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2019 12:50 PM by shere khan.)
11-05-2019 12:50 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-05-2019 12:28 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  The solution to the playoff is simple. Expand it to 8 teams. Get rid of the conf championship games (if possible) and take the 5 power 5 champs, the highest ranked group of 5 champ, and 2 at large.

Yeah, Harbaugh's 11-team plan is fine. But I think what you're saying is all you really have to do.

The first round of the playoff would offset revenue from the eliminated CCGs. The G5 could use a committee or even an algorithm for their 5 regular season conference champs. Everyone has access. 13 to 15 games for everyone - same as now. Same 6 big-bowl sites rotate through the games, plus 1 for the championship game. Everyone rakes in the cash.

It really is simple.

Except for 3 things. Greed of the bowl sites and their commissioners. Greed (and fear) of the P5s not wanting to share the pie with the G5. Fear of the NCAA of making the P5 mad.
11-05-2019 05:05 PM
Advertisement

cmt Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-05-2019 12:50 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

And
Pay the players
Call it NFL Lite

Then I can quit caring.

I'm with you. I said many times that I'm done. But, well, here I am.

I'm getting old(er) and probably looking for excuses, but turning college sports pro would do it. We should be going the other way, pushing the "pros" out of college and, duh, into the pros, and capping coaching salaries/athletic department spending. But I know that will never happen.

90% of college athletics is fine. Its only the top football and basketball programs that ruin it. And yes, we're one of the basketball programs and I hope Penny completely destroys college basketball for everyone and I will enjoy the ride.
11-05-2019 05:26 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

There's always D2 athletics for those who think money is ruining college athletics. You can get Rhodes or CBU season tickets cheap.

Hey, I do agree to a certain extent. I'm not against all money in college sports, but think the leagues should do better about recognizing when enough is enough. Make some decisions for the good of the game instead of money - like allowing the G5 access to the CFP.
11-05-2019 05:43 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(11-05-2019 05:43 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  There's always D2 athletics for those who think money is ruining college athletics. You can get Rhodes or CBU season tickets cheap.

Hey, I do agree to a certain extent. I'm not against all money in college sports, but think the leagues should do better about recognizing when enough is enough. Make some decisions for the good of the game instead of money - like allowing the G5 access to the CFP.

I might do just that. Ever been to an SAA game? Pretty fun actually

https://www.saa-sports.com/sports/fball/index
11-05-2019 06:36 PM
kabluey Offline
Heisman

And
Pay the players
Call it NFL Lite

Then I can quit caring.

I like this idea. Keep the money under the table like it is now, with less accountability and transparency.03-lmfao
11-05-2019 08:45 PM
mem-x Offline
On The Downhill Run Now.

I Root For: Tigers!

And
Pay the players
Call it NFL Lite

Then I can quit caring.
They're paying em now. SEC's bought more mamas more houses than VA Loans.
11-05-2019 10:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.