Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

I'm no football expert, but...
Bookmark and Share
UMTiger117 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The TIGERS!
I'm no football expert, but...
I wonder sometimes, why we do not have a few plays in our options for KG with some option plays like Navy. Last night, he ran pretty much straight and SMU defended that pretty well. KG had to work really hard for every inches that he ran.

Anyone thought the same?
11-03-2019 02:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

memphistiger89 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: I'm no football expert, but...
(11-03-2019 02:18 PM)UMTiger117 Wrote:  I wonder sometimes, why we do not have a few plays in our options for KG with some option plays like Navy. Last night, he ran pretty much straight and SMU defended that pretty well. KG had to work really hard for every inches that he ran.

Anyone thought the same?

I wondered why we didn't try to get him the ball in space. SMU pretty much clogged up the middle all night defending the run.
11-03-2019 02:20 PM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
I wondered why we didn’t use KG at receiver more.
11-03-2019 02:22 PM
UMTiger117 Offline
1st String

That too.
11-03-2019 02:23 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
I wondered why on 4th and goal he didn't use him in a wildcat rather than try and let Brady try to stuff it in.
11-03-2019 02:34 PM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(11-03-2019 02:18 PM)UMTiger117 Wrote:  I wonder sometimes, why we do not have a few plays in our options for KG with some option plays like Navy. Last night, he ran pretty much straight and SMU defended that pretty well. KG had to work really hard for every inches that he ran.

Anyone thought the same?
What would the option be, for White to keep it or to pitch it to Gainwell? Not much of an option really. They keyed on the run and pressuring the QB so much that the passing game was wide open all night long.
11-03-2019 02:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

lifeofelove Offline
2nd String

I Root For: memphis
(11-03-2019 02:41 PM)mairving Wrote:  

Anyone thought the same?
What would the option be, for White to keep it or to pitch it to Gainwell? Not much of an option really. They keyed on the run and pressuring the QB so much that the passing game was wide open all night long.
Gainwell in the wildcat. He has the option to keep or pitch to Gibson
11-03-2019 07:14 PM
UMTiger117 Offline
1st String

(11-03-2019 07:14 PM)lifeofelove Wrote:  
(11-03-2019 02:41 PM)mairving Wrote:  

Anyone thought the same?
Gainwell in the wildcat. He has the option to keep or pitch to Gibson
There ya go.
11-03-2019 08:14 PM
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

(11-03-2019 02:20 PM)memphistiger89 Wrote:  

Anyone thought the same?

I wondered why we didn't try to get him the ball in space. SMU pretty much clogged up the middle all night defending the run.

Because to stop us from pounding up the middle they committed a safety to the box which allowed 1 on 1 coverage on Coxie a lot last night. A wheel route out of the back field would have been there though.
11-03-2019 08:18 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

Anyone thought the same?

Gainwell did his job...

He forced SMU to put 7-8 in the box to stop him...

Them doing this allowed White to have a huge game...It is all connected.
11-03-2019 10:07 PM
ShilohTiger Offline
Special Teams

Even an average fan could tell that KG wasn’t utilized effectively.
Not enough wheel routes, bubble screens, flairs, slot routes, etc. get him in space.
That was my biggest critique all night. Almost strange the way Norvell played it so close to the vest. I’m glad we won, but that was a head shaker. Obviously a game plan type decision but what was the counter?
11-03-2019 11:15 PM
Advertisement

NDTiger Offline
All American

SMU’s game plan was to force WB White to beat them with his arm.....he did. That is why the passing game was so open.
11-03-2019 11:28 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

54 points put up and they only stopped us once when we were pinned deep and when we were running out the clock and people are still critiquing the offense....

Just wow.
11-03-2019 11:29 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(11-03-2019 11:28 PM)NDTiger Wrote:  SMU’s game plan was to force WB White to beat them with his arm.....he did. That is why the passing game was so open.

Sounds like they read this forum and bought into that false narrative. I wonder if they wrote down the phrase "noodle arm" somewhere in their game prep notes.
11-03-2019 11:38 PM
ShilohTiger Offline
Special Teams

(11-03-2019 11:29 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  54 points put up and they only stopped us once when we were pinned deep and when we were running out the clock and people are still critiquing the offense....

Just wow.

Did you even watch the game? 4 field goals, 2 punts, and no points on the first possession is not two stops. Game was a track meet and our best weapon was in the holster for half the series. 3 more seconds on the clock, they throw a Hail Mary, catch a penalty and we lose. Even a quality win can be evaluated, did you never watch film in your life?

How many passing yards did White have with 10 minutes left in the game?
None. I love Norvell. We ran out the clock. But we played not to lose at the end and possibly earlier. It’s his philosophy. But it’s gonna bite us one day, hopefully not this year. But it’s allowed to be discussed intelligently.
11-04-2019 12:03 AM
ShilohTiger Offline
Special Teams

(11-03-2019 10:07 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  

Anyone thought the same?

Gainwell did his job...

He forced SMU to put 7-8 in the box to stop him...

Them doing this allowed White to have a huge game...It is all connected.

This is a good point. Makes me see the overall gameplan clearer, Coxie and Gibson had huge pass receptions and yardage, TDs. And it especially worked on the last TD.

If Gainwell hadn’t gotten hurt on his last run then he would have gotten 100 yards rushing, and we’d have probably run more clock with more first downs. But why no adjustments after that?
11-04-2019 12:15 AM
Advertisement

snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
lol. intelligently and angrily,by gum.

What's our best weapon?

I am of the opinion that we have more than one weapon. It keeps the 'bad guys' off balance. When they are playing us they don't know what to expect; and while they are preparing to play us, they are uncertain.

And that's good. Uncertainty is a very powerful weapon. lol
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2019 01:49 AM by snowtiger.)
11-04-2019 12:22 AM
GermantownTiger Offline
Capitalism Rules!

(11-04-2019 12:03 AM)ShilohTiger Wrote:  
(11-03-2019 11:29 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  54 points put up and they only stopped us once when we were pinned deep and when we were running out the clock and people are still critiquing the offense....

Just wow.

Did you even watch the game? 4 field goals, 2 punts, and no points on the first possession is not two stops. Game was a track meet and our best weapon was in the holster for half the series. 3 more seconds on the clock, they throw a Hail Mary, catch a penalty and we lose. Even a quality win can be evaluated, did you never watch film in your life?

How many passing yards did White have with 10 minutes left in the game?
None. I love Norvell. We ran out the clock. But we played not to lose at the end and possibly earlier. It’s his philosophy. But it’s gonna bite us one day, hopefully not this year. But it’s allowed to be discussed intelligently.

The refs made the game closer than it really was...we had a scoring opportunity or two taken away by the officials that really changed the momentum of the game.

Also, SMU is no slouch of a football team.
11-04-2019 12:24 AM
TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Sigh...another keyboard coach. Let's put him on staff already.
11-04-2019 01:20 AM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

wow
54 points scored against #15
so, yeah, let's criticize the offensive coaching
you guys are a trip
11-04-2019 10:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.