Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"Bearcats Insider" Basketball Show Debuts on FOX Sports Ohio
Bookmark and Share
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
"Bearcats Insider" Basketball Show Debuts on FOX Sports Ohio
Dudes. Did anyone hear about this? If it was posted elsewhere my bad but I came across this on the gobearcats web page. For those of us who don't get this channel please someone post some takeaways after it airs on Wednesday 6 PM. I'll post the link below.

Quote: FOX Sports Ohio's "Bearcats Insider" previews the University of Cincinnati basketball season Wednesday, Oct. 30 at 6 p.m. ET with a replay later the same night at 10 p.m. The episode will re-air multiple times over the following 12 days.

The 30-minute episode hosted by Dan Hoard and former Bearcat Terry Nelson previews the UC men's and women's basketball squads including interviews with UC men's basketball coach John Brannen and women's basketball coach Michelle Clark-Heard.

FOX Sports Ohio's "Bearcats Insider" covers UC Athletics, featuring weekly episodes with a current focus on the Bearcats football program. The first regular-season basketball-specific show debuts Wednesday, Jan. 8.

// FOX SPORTS OHIO "BEARCATS INSIDER" BASKETBALL PREVIEW SHOW AIR DATES
Wednesday, Oct. 30 – 6 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 30 – 10 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 31 – 8:30 a.m.
Thursday, Oct. 31 – 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 31 – 7 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 1 – 1:30 a.m.
Friday, Nov. 1 – 9:30 a.m.
Friday, Nov. 1 – 6 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 2 – 6 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 3 – 10:30 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 4 – 3:30 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 4 – 6:30 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 4 – 10:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 5 – 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 5 – 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 7 – 8 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 8 – 8:30 a.m.
Friday, Nov. 8 – 6 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 8 – 11:30 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 9 – 10 a.m.
Sunday, Nov. 10 – 10:30 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 11 – 6:30 p.m.

And So It Begins!

10-28-2019 06:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: "Bearcats Insider" Basketball Show Debuts on FOX Sports Ohio
I thought Terry Nelson mentioned on Chad's podcast that he was getting ready to film the 2nd episode of Bearcats Insider.

10-28-2019 07:55 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

Didn't know where else to post this. WOWZER!

10-28-2019 08:08 PM
Nasty Nati 513 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UC
For those of us pee-ons that refuse to pay for cable, does Fox Sports ever post these episodes online once they've aired? Or can you watch them after-the-fact on their app?

10-29-2019 09:49 AM
Advertisement

Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
(10-29-2019 09:49 AM)Nasty Nati 513 Wrote:  For those of us pee-ons that refuse to pay for cable, does Fox Sports ever post these episodes online once they've aired? Or can you watch them after-the-fact on their app?

03-lmfao Is that why they call you Nasty Nati 513? (Not that there's anything wrong with that of course.)

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2019 10:54 AM by Bearhawkeye.)
10-29-2019 10:45 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

Anyone catch the 6 PM showing?

10-30-2019 08:36 PM
Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-30-2019 08:36 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Anyone catch the 6 PM showing?

I caught the 10:00pm show last night. Nothing earth shattering considering it was only a 30 minute show and 15 min were dedicated covering the women's team.

The only interesting part was the short sit down between CJB and Dan Hoard. Hoard asked him based on what he's seen so far, what player(s) are going to surprise some people this year. Brannen said it's really hard to say because he hasn't seen them play against other teams yet, but he could tell him who has been the most consistent in practice. He pointed out the 3 grad transfers. Cumberland, McNeal and Sorolla.

Dan also asked him if he laugh's when people call him and offensive coach. CJB said he does considering about 70% of their practices they work on defense.

But on the flip side of that, they did some player interviews and Keith Williams said they are going to be dangerous because they actually work on offense. He said it feels good to work on offense in practice instead of working on defense the entire time.

Nothing else of note. They did a feature on Jaeivin that was cool. He seems like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders.

10-31-2019 06:42 AM
Advertisement

bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Was wondering why the show was only 30 minutes? UC not afford 60 min? Heck, saw Norwood's Typewriter Repair school could muster 60 min with the channel 12 guys.

10-31-2019 11:30 AM
Jchuges7 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC, Reds, FCC
(10-31-2019 11:30 AM)bearcatmill Wrote:  Was wondering why the show was only 30 minutes? UC not afford 60 min? Heck, saw Norwood's Typewriter Repair school could muster 60 min with the channel 12 guys.

It's 30 minutes, every week, several times a week. Am I the only one who watches this show regularly through football and basketball season? And I have to do it on crappy standard-def FSO here in Cleveland.

10-31-2019 12:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dubcat14 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
(10-31-2019 12:26 PM)Jchuges7 Wrote:  
(10-31-2019 11:30 AM)bearcatmill Wrote:  Was wondering why the show was only 30 minutes? UC not afford 60 min? Heck, saw Norwood's Typewriter Repair school could muster 60 min with the channel 12 guys.

It's 30 minutes, every week, several times a week. Am I the only one who watches this show regularly through football and basketball season? And I have to do it on crappy standard-def FSO here in Cleveland.

if you have FSO then you should have access to the Fox Sports Go App which should allow you to watch in full HD. (I think.) I use it to watch CBJ games when Cavs have TV priority down here and it works well. I have Bearcat Insider DVR'd but I'm pretty bad about following up on watching it weekly.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2019 12:48 PM by dubcat14.)
10-31-2019 12:47 PM
Advertisement

Jchuges7 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC, Reds, FCC
(10-31-2019 12:47 PM)dubcat14 Wrote:  

if you have FSO then you should have access to the Fox Sports Go App which should allow you to watch in full HD. (I think.) I use it to watch CBJ games when Cavs have TV priority down here and it works well. I have Bearcat Insider DVR'd but I'm pretty bad about following up on watching it weekly.

Thanks for the tip! That app does come in handy to watch CBJ instead of or in addition to the Cavs.

10-31-2019 01:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(10-31-2019 06:42 AM)Cat-Man Wrote:  
(10-30-2019 08:36 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Anyone catch the 6 PM showing?

I caught the 10:00pm show last night. Nothing earth shattering considering it was only a 30 minute show and 15 min were dedicated covering the women's team.

The only interesting part was the short sit down between CJB and Dan Hoard. Hoard asked him based on what he's seen so far, what player(s) are going to surprise some people this year. Brannen said it's really hard to say because he hasn't seen them play against other teams yet, but he could tell him who has been the most consistent in practice. He pointed out the 3 grad transfers. Cumberland, McNeal and Sorolla.

Dan also asked him if he laugh's when people call him and offensive coach. CJB said he does considering about 70% of their practices they work on defense.

But on the flip side of that, they did some player interviews and Keith Williams said they are going to be dangerous because they actually work on offense. He said it feels good to work on offense in practice instead of working on defense the entire time.

Nothing else of note. They did a feature on Jaeivin that was cool. He seems like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders.

Thanks for taking the time to watch and post a summary Cat-Man.

10-31-2019 09:38 PM
bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I know it is 30 min. My question is why is it not 60 minutes? 30 min show is not that long when you take into account commercials and segments on other sports.

11-01-2019 11:15 AM
Advertisement

RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(11-01-2019 11:15 AM)bearcatmill Wrote:  

I know it is 30 min. My question is why is it not 60 minutes? 30 min show is not that long when you take into account commercials and segments on other sports.
Seems like their shows are loaded with commercials too. I usually watch on DVR and it only takes about 15 min to watch.

11-01-2019 12:23 PM
Nobones Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
I watch it each week for both sports also. I like the football ones where they mic up a player each week. This was the first one for Basketball because the season is just starting. I like that Pike does the football side and Nelson doing the football side with Hoard being the main guy for both sports.

11-01-2019 06:21 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
Watched it tonight.
Like the interview with Jaevin Cumberland.
Nice interview with Coach Clark-Heard too.

11-01-2019 07:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.