ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FAU@ODU
ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

I Root For: ODU

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
FAU@ODU
I guess the enthusiasm for game threads has waned.

FAU is similar to Marshall. Maybe a little bit better offense, and not quite as good a defense.

QB Chris Robison is a very good passer (63%). He has already passed for almost 2000 yards this season. He spreads it out to three receivers.
Achilles Heel is that he has been sacked 20 time this season.(just 9 all of last season)
FAU would rather pass, but RB Malcolm Davidson averages 6.3 yards per carry. The OWL rushing game is actually pretty good, but sacks and TFLs have hurt the stats.

The mutual opponent is Marshall which squeaked out a 5 point win last week.
FAU passed for 362 yards on Marshall however there were 7 sacks and 12 tackles for a loss.

The key will be to exploit their OL and put pressure on Robison. If we cannot put pressure on him he will pick us apart. FAU runs well enough to keep us honest.

I won't go into matchups as I really don't know who is playing for us. I heard DeWeaver is injured? Is Kumah playing? Davis looked far from 100% last week, so is he playing? How about our OL. Did I hear we are still banged up there?

I do not like this matchup at all. This will be a huge test for our pass D.
Conservatively, FAU 38 ODU 13
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019 09:57 AM by ODUalum78.)
10-23-2019 09:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: FAU@ODU
This game is actually winnable if they get anything from the QB. (which doesn't sound like it will be deWeaver)

FAU beat MTSU by 2 scores but were pretty much dominated (3 picks the difference). They shouldn't be able to run that well on our defense. Average 3.3 ypc. There passing game is ok, but not great and give up a ton of sacks. There defense is pretty bad giving up 4.6 yards per carry on the ground and over 8 yards per attempt through the air.

This is a winnable game if the team plays anywhere close to decent. The defense "should" be able to create some havoc and hopefully generate some turnovers. FAUs defense is bad enough that maybe we actually move the ball a little bit on offense.

I don't have much confidence in this team at all, but we should be able to cover 2 TDs at home.....
10-23-2019 10:28 AM
DWING Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU & JMU & ECU
(10-23-2019 10:28 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  This game is actually winnable if they get anything from the QB. (which doesn't sound like it will be deWeaver)

FAU beat MTSU by 2 scores but were pretty much dominated (3 picks the difference). They shouldn't be able to run that well on our defense. Average 3.3 ypc. There passing game is ok, but not great and give up a ton of sacks. There defense is pretty bad giving up 4.6 yards per carry on the ground and over 8 yards per attempt through the air.

This is a winnable game if the team plays anywhere close to decent. The defense "should" be able to create some havoc and hopefully generate some turnovers. FAUs defense is bad enough that maybe we actually move the ball a little bit on offense.

I don't have much confidence in this team at all, but we should be able to cover 2 TDs at home.....

You are very optimistic! I admire that, but don't have the same optimism that you do. I say we get smashed.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019 10:33 AM by DWING.)
10-23-2019 10:32 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-23-2019 10:32 AM)DWING Wrote:  
(10-23-2019 10:28 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  This game is actually winnable if they get anything from the QB. (which doesn't sound like it will be deWeaver)

You are very optimistic! I admire that, but don't have the same optimism that you do. I say we get smashed.

My point was moreso that FAU isn't really that good and not as much we are good.
10-23-2019 10:38 AM
VB Monarch Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
FWIW Depth chart lists Smartt # 1 Kumah #1
10-23-2019 10:41 AM
DMC Offline
Water Engineer

[Image: LZSKKZ4O3RARDGJ2JZYU2RSE4U.jpg]
10-23-2019 10:47 AM
Advertisement

Monarchist13 Offline

(10-23-2019 10:47 AM)DMC Wrote:  [Image: LZSKKZ4O3RARDGJ2JZYU2RSE4U.jpg]

Boca is not treating him well. He's looking rough.
10-23-2019 10:52 AM
ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
(10-23-2019 10:38 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  

My point was moreso that FAU isn't really that good and not as much we are good.

"Not really that good" is a relative and subjective statement.
They lost to maybe the best team in CUSA Marshall by just 5 points, in a statistically close game as well that could have gone either way.
They scored 21 points on Ohio State.

If we cannot mount an offense, then even with FAU's suspect pass blocking, their offense is going to wear our D down. This could end up being our worse loss all season.
10-23-2019 11:10 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-23-2019 11:10 AM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  

They lost to maybe the best team in CUSA Marshall by just 5 points, in a statistically close game as well that could have gone either way.

If we cannot mount an offense, then even with FAU's suspect pass blocking, their offense is going to wear our D down. This could end up being our worse loss all season.

They scored 2 garbage time 4th quarter touchdowns vs. Ohio State. Overall, they had 33 rushes for 22 yards and averaged 5 yards per pass vs. them.

They were outgained by Marshall by over 1 yard per play (Marshall averaged 6.7 ypp vs. FAUs 5.6 ypp).

They were outgained by MTSU 6.46 ypp to 5.1

7.2 ypp vs. 5.5 vs. Charlotte ( FAU dominated them)

THey were outgained by Ball State 6.5 ypp to 6.0

They were outgained by UCF 8.6 ypp to 3.6

They were outgained by Ohio State 6.3 ypp to 3.1.

They could come in and blow us out (because we are terrible), but they are consistently being outgained.
10-23-2019 11:22 AM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(10-23-2019 11:22 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  

They scored 2 garbage time 4th quarter touchdowns vs. Ohio State. Overall, they had 33 rushes for 22 yards and averaged 5 yards per pass vs. them.

They were outgained by Marshall by over 1 yard per play (Marshall averaged 6.7 ypp vs. FAUs 5.6 ypp).

They could come in and blow us out (because we are terrible), but they are consistently being outgained.

At the end of the day only W matters and how they got there isn't usually highlighted. We are national leaders in sacks allowed and our offense is dead last in the FBS and may be worse than some FCS. They have an OC who isn't brain dead and a QB who can throw more than once in a fortnight. A dead snail always loses playing with a live one unless the game is playing dead 03-banghead
10-23-2019 11:43 AM
VB Monarch Offline
All American

(10-23-2019 11:43 AM)12thmonarch Wrote:  
(10-23-2019 10:32 AM)DWING Wrote:  You are very optimistic! I admire that, but don't have the same optimism that you do. I say we get smashed.

At the end of the day only W matters and how they got there isn't usually highlighted. We are national leaders in sacks allowed and our offense is dead last in the FBS and may be worse than some FCS. They have an OC who isn't brain dead and a QB who can throw more than once in a fortnight. A dead snail always loses playing with a live one unless the game is playing dead 03-banghead

Love it! can I steal it?
10-23-2019 11:49 AM
Advertisement

12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(10-23-2019 11:49 AM)VB Monarch Wrote:  
(10-23-2019 11:43 AM)12thmonarch Wrote:  
(10-23-2019 10:38 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  My point was moreso that FAU isn't really that good and not as much we are good.

Love it! can I steal it?

Absolutely lol
10-23-2019 11:59 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

Responding to the quoted text, but I was discussing the quality of FAU, not us.
10-23-2019 12:05 PM
owlcountry40 Offline
1st String

I Root For: FAU
FAU fan here in peace.

FAU sacks stat is misleading a bit as many last weeks just came on poor RPO reads by Chirs and got caught holding the ball in no man's land.
Land talked about it this week in his presser.

As for the D and giving up yards, that is what is kinda designed to do. With all the really good Florida DB's we have they play a lot of man and basically play "you will get some, but we are banking on getting picks.'' We have the best turnover margin in CUSA

If you look at 2017 when we won CUSA we gave up a bunch of yards but forced a ton of turnovers. Our stats are off a bit as we opened with OSU and UCF.

FAU is 3rd in CUSA in converting third down and 3rd in defending them.
We also have the best rezone offense in the conference.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019 08:38 PM by owlcountry40.)
10-23-2019 08:34 PM
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

Ticket sales are really hurting, received an email to night for $25 sideline ticket with meal and drink included.
10-23-2019 10:10 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(10-23-2019 10:10 PM)AimHigh Wrote:  Ticket sales are really hurting, received an email to night for $25 sideline ticket with meal and drink included.

Yeah received that too. Selling that crappy product on the field must be one heck of a task.
10-23-2019 10:59 PM
Advertisement

CalODUFan Online
All American

(10-23-2019 10:41 AM)VB Monarch Wrote:  FWIW Depth chart lists Smartt # 1 Kumah #1

The depth charts are not getting updated anymore. Been the same for weeks. Kumah has never even been listed as injured.
10-23-2019 11:52 PM
Sirloin Burger Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU & VT
ODU 24
FAU 21
10-24-2019 02:18 AM
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

BW said last night deWeaver will start and he is highly hopeful Kuham will play this game. BW said they will re-evaluate redshirting him afterwards. Lala likely out and said there are 28 injured players.
10-24-2019 06:14 AM
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

(10-23-2019 10:59 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  
(10-23-2019 10:10 PM)AimHigh Wrote:  Ticket sales are really hurting, received an email to night for $25 sideline ticket with meal and drink included.

Yeah received that too. Selling that crappy product on the field must be one heck of a task.

Now their spamming with another offer this morning
10-24-2019 06:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.