Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Nadler in 1998 Accused Republicans of Running a ‘Lynch Mob’ Against Bill Clinton
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Nadler in 1998 Accused Republicans of Running a ‘Lynch Mob’ Against Bill Clinton
[Image: jerry-nadler-old-pic-getty-640x480.jpg]

Quote:Democrats are expressing outrage over President Trump’s comparison of the ongoing impeachment inquiry to “lynching,” but a top House Democrat — House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-NY) — made that same comparison himself in 1998 during Bill Clinton’s impeachment.

According to an October 4, 1998, Associated Press article that touted Nadler’s role as a top Clinton defender, the then-51 year-old congressman said:

I am the president’s defender in the sense that I haven’t seen anything yet that would rise, in my opinion, to the level of impeachable offense. …

I wish we could get this over with quickly. … In pushing the process, in pushing the arguments of fairness and due process the Republicans so far have been running a lynch mob.

Despite this, House Democrats have rushed to condemn Trump’s comparison of impeachment to lynching and demanded an apology.

Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) said Tuesday, “The president should not compare a constitutionally mandated impeachment inquiry to such a dangerous and dark chapter of American history. It’s irresponsible for him to do so and I hope that he will apologize.”

The New York Times’ Twitter account tweeted that Trump was using a term that “invokes the decades-long racist history of white mob murders of black people.”

Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-SC) said Trump comparing the impeachment inquiry to lynching was “beneath the dignity of the office of the President of the United States”:

CNN commentator Keith Boykin tweeted:

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-SC) has also taken some heat for defending Trump’s comparison:

Nadler also said in 1998 that impeachment “could be the most divisive thing in American politics since the Vietnam War.”

“You get a large segment of the American population saying ‘You’ve staged a coup d’etat, you overthrew the election unfairly.’ The other part of the American people say, ‘No, we didn’t,’” said Nadler.

He also warned Republicans against running a “partisan witchhunt.”

“So far it’s been done very wrong and very unfairly,” he said then.

Link
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019 05:20 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
10-22-2019 05:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
RE: Nadler in 1998 Accused Republicans of Running a ‘Lynch Mob’ Against Bill Clinton
The Demoncraps should have an H for their middle name. Demon H. Craps, for HYPOCRISY!

For those that love to blasphemy Jesus' name they can substitute this, as in, Demon H. Craps.
10-22-2019 05:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
RE: Nadler in 1998 Accused Republicans of Running a ‘Lynch Mob’ Against Bill Clinton
(10-22-2019 05:16 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  [Image: jerry-nadler-old-pic-getty-640x480.jpg]

Quote:Democrats are expressing outrage over President Trump’s comparison of the ongoing impeachment inquiry to “lynching,” but a top House Democrat — House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-NY) — made that same comparison himself in 1998 during Bill Clinton’s impeachment.

According to an October 4, 1998, Associated Press article that touted Nadler’s role as a top Clinton defender, the then-51 year-old congressman said:

I am the president’s defender in the sense that I haven’t seen anything yet that would rise, in my opinion, to the level of impeachable offense. …

I wish we could get this over with quickly. … In pushing the process, in pushing the arguments of fairness and due process the Republicans so far have been running a lynch mob.

Despite this, House Democrats have rushed to condemn Trump’s comparison of impeachment to lynching and demanded an apology.

Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) said Tuesday, “The president should not compare a constitutionally mandated impeachment inquiry to such a dangerous and dark chapter of American history. It’s irresponsible for him to do so and I hope that he will apologize.”

The New York Times’ Twitter account tweeted that Trump was using a term that “invokes the decades-long racist history of white mob murders of black people.”

Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-SC) said Trump comparing the impeachment inquiry to lynching was “beneath the dignity of the office of the President of the United States”:

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-SC) has also taken some heat for defending Trump’s comparison:

Nadler also said in 1998 that impeachment “could be the most divisive thing in American politics since the Vietnam War.”

“You get a large segment of the American population saying ‘You’ve staged a coup d’etat, you overthrew the election unfairly.’ The other part of the American people say, ‘No, we didn’t,’” said Nadler.

Link

Is he aware that lynchings weren't strictly reserved for blacks?
10-22-2019 05:30 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

Wow, look at the size of that pig, er, man. Were they using a translator to translate from Pig to English?

Oink, oink-oink, oink.

That means they hired Mel Blancs.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019 06:06 PM by olliebaba.)
10-22-2019 06:03 PM
Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
Nadler in 1998 Accused Republicans of Running a ‘Lynch Mob’ Against Bill Clinton
(10-22-2019 05:30 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(10-22-2019 05:16 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  [Image: jerry-nadler-old-pic-getty-640x480.jpg]

Link

He wore his pants lower then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
10-22-2019 09:17 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

No, he's still wearing the same ones but since he doesn't have that fat gut he needs to gird them higher. Porker.
10-23-2019 12:32 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(10-23-2019 12:32 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  No, he's still wearing the same ones but since he doesn't have that fat gut he needs to gird them higher. Porker.

03-lmfao
10-23-2019 12:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Lynching had a much different connotation 21 years ago..............

Er.... wait a minute.... No it doesn't.....
10-23-2019 01:46 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(10-23-2019 01:46 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  Lynching had a much different connotation 21 years ago..............

So you agree then that trump and Graham are in the wrong now, just as Nadler and Biden were in the past.

04-cheers
10-23-2019 02:41 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

[Image: 7u0evbnm0bu31.png]
10-23-2019 03:30 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
2 wrongs dont make a right. Both deserve to get **** for saying it.
10-23-2019 03:37 PM
Advertisement

bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Did the press go after Nadler and Biden when they said it?
10-23-2019 03:41 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
(10-23-2019 03:41 PM)bearcat65 Wrote:  Did the press go after Nadler and Biden when they said it?

Was our populace as woke 20 years ago?
10-23-2019 03:42 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(10-22-2019 05:30 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

Link

Yea, someone could probably drop the Salem Witch Trials on these doofuses, but then that might require them to History for a bit.

On a side note, did anyone else realize Tub-O-Goo had that semi-famous part in Monty Pythons Meaning of life?

I didn't. 04-cheers
10-23-2019 03:49 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(10-23-2019 03:41 PM)bearcat65 Wrote:  Did the press go after Nadler and Biden when they said it?

No clue. I did see that Biden did own up and issue a twitter apology.
10-23-2019 03:53 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(10-23-2019 03:30 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  [Image: 7u0evbnm0bu31.png]

Good for her.

One Republican in particular took a bullet behind the left ear for exactly that reason.

Who woulda guessed referencing "lynching" is now somehow a cultural appropriation? 03-lmfao

Totally off the reservation, these dims. Oh, wait. Am I no longer able to say that either?
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019 03:59 PM by JMUDunk.)
10-23-2019 03:54 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(10-23-2019 03:37 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  2 wrongs dont make a right. Both deserve to get **** for saying it.

Why?
10-23-2019 03:54 PM
bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-23-2019 03:53 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

They didn't. Whether or not a word creates a media firestorm depends on who utters it.
10-23-2019 04:00 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(10-23-2019 04:00 PM)bearcat65 Wrote:  
(10-23-2019 03:53 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

They didn't. Whether or not a word creates a media firestorm depends on who utters it.

Do we really know that? It was decades ago.
10-23-2019 04:07 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(10-23-2019 02:41 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(10-23-2019 01:46 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  Lynching had a much different connotation 21 years ago..............

So you agree then that trump and Graham are in the wrong now, just as Nadler and Biden were in the past.

04-cheers

Quite the contrary. This is all manufactured outrage. The lynching thing doesn’t bother me in the least. Lynching was not a racial thing even though many seems to want to tie the two closely together.

If you are going to cast those stones you better take stock in what you have said perviously. That’s all.

A lot of progressives seems to want to erase history as if it never happened.
10-23-2019 07:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.