Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News CNN Analyst Sorry for Discussing Clinton’s Emails Too Often
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
CNN Analyst Sorry for Discussing Clinton’s Emails Too Often
Quote:CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin apologized Monday for spending too much time discussing Hillary Clinton's private email scandal in 2016, saying she "very likely lost the election because of it."

In a clip flagged by Mediaite, Toobin said the scandal "is also a story about the news media, about how much time we spent on that, and that's something that I have felt a great deal of personal responsibility for." He added that "Because I talked about the e-mails here at CNN, I wrote about it in the New Yorker, and I think I paid too much attention to them, and I regret that."

"I hope a lesson is learned," Toobin said. "I mean, this story turns out to be … a big nothing, and we spent months on it. Hillary Clinton very likely lost the election because of it, and I think I should have been talking about other issues, not about the e-mails."

Toobin expressed his contrition following the State Department's announced conclusion that Clinton and her aides hadn't engaged in "systemic" mishandling of classified information when Clinton was secretary of state.

The left-leaning Toobin is a sharp critic of President Donald Trump's White House.

In 2016, Toobin wrote that Clinton should have known that conducting State Department business on a private server was a "terrible idea," and added that she initially reacted to criticism like a "cornered perp." Clinton repeatedly claimed that she had no classified material on her server, which turned out to be false.

"She had to know (as most everyone in Washington does) that the government vastly overclassifies information, so her flat denial that there had been any classified information on her server was destined to be disproved, as it was," Toobin wrote.

The State Department's three-year investigation, results of which were released last week, found that 38 individuals committed 91 security violations involving emails sent to and from Clinton's server, Politico reported.

Clinton has often cited the media's coverage of her emails, as well as then-FBI director James Comey's decision to reopen the probe into her server shortly before the 2016 election, as chief causes of her loss to Trump.

Link
10-22-2019 01:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: CNN Analyst Sorry for Discussing Clinton’s Emails Too Often
(10-22-2019 01:07 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin apologized Monday for spending too much time discussing Hillary Clinton's private email scandal in 2016, saying she "very likely lost the election because of it."

In a clip flagged by Mediaite, Toobin said the scandal "is also a story about the news media, about how much time we spent on that, and that's something that I have felt a great deal of personal responsibility for." He added that "Because I talked about the e-mails here at CNN, I wrote about it in the New Yorker, and I think I paid too much attention to them, and I regret that."

"I hope a lesson is learned," Toobin said. "I mean, this story turns out to be … a big nothing, and we spent months on it. Hillary Clinton very likely lost the election because of it, and I think I should have been talking about other issues, not about the e-mails."

Toobin expressed his contrition following the State Department's announced conclusion that Clinton and her aides hadn't engaged in "systemic" mishandling of classified information when Clinton was secretary of state.

The left-leaning Toobin is a sharp critic of President Donald Trump's White House.

In 2016, Toobin wrote that Clinton should have known that conducting State Department business on a private server was a "terrible idea," and added that she initially reacted to criticism like a "cornered perp." Clinton repeatedly claimed that she had no classified material on her server, which turned out to be false.

"She had to know (as most everyone in Washington does) that the government vastly overclassifies information, so her flat denial that there had been any classified information on her server was destined to be disproved, as it was," Toobin wrote.

The State Department's three-year investigation, results of which were released last week, found that 38 individuals committed 91 security violations involving emails sent to and from Clinton's server, Politico reported.

Clinton has often cited the media's coverage of her emails, as well as then-FBI director James Comey's decision to reopen the probe into her server shortly before the 2016 election, as chief causes of her loss to Trump.

Link

That line makes the entire server seem like it was no big deal. The damn thing shouldn't have existed!
10-22-2019 02:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Well, I guess Clinton has someone else to blame.
10-22-2019 03:37 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
what I find disturbing is that pompous dipshite actually believes HE influenced the outcome....

all this tells me is the agenda driven media will remain dangerous moving forward relative to fact based news....

#cunnilingualNotNews
10-23-2019 05:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.