Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Grassley/Cramer drug pricing plan
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Grassley/Cramer drug pricing plan
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini...rug-prices

"Washington is consumed with wall-to-wall coverage of impeachment, Ukraine, and transcripts. Every question we receive from the D.C. press corps is about that. But do you know who isn’t obsessed with this? Our constituents.

Every day, we hear from people across North Dakota and Iowa. Most of them are not talking to us about impeachment. They are coming to us because they worry about being able to afford the medications they need to live. They face heartbreaking calculations, trying to figure out if they can pick up their prescriptions and still afford to put food on the table or pay for their housing.

This is reality for people living outside the Washington bubble. It’s the reality for many of our constituents and people all across the country. It’s the reality we’re determined to fix through bipartisan and thoughtful legislation.

There are a lot of factors that keep the cost of prescription drugs high. One of them is pharmacy benefit managers or PBMs. These middlemen in the drug supply chain act as a go-between for pharmacies and insurers...."
10-21-2019 03:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
RE: Grassley/Cramer drug pricing plan
(10-21-2019 03:30 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini...rug-prices

"Washington is consumed with wall-to-wall coverage of impeachment, Ukraine, and transcripts. Every question we receive from the D.C. press corps is about that. But do you know who isn’t obsessed with this? Our constituents.

Every day, we hear from people across North Dakota and Iowa. Most of them are not talking to us about impeachment. They are coming to us because they worry about being able to afford the medications they need to live. They face heartbreaking calculations, trying to figure out if they can pick up their prescriptions and still afford to put food on the table or pay for their housing.

This is reality for people living outside the Washington bubble. It’s the reality for many of our constituents and people all across the country. It’s the reality we’re determined to fix through bipartisan and thoughtful legislation.

There are a lot of factors that keep the cost of prescription drugs high. One of them is pharmacy benefit managers or PBMs. These middlemen in the drug supply chain act as a go-between for pharmacies and insurers...."

...and the crooked doctors that get money under the table for prescribing them. Everyone has to get paid.

The time when doctors were really care givers has gone the way of the horse drawn buggy. Now, it's all about the Benjamins. I don't like doctors they are as crooked as politicians. The only good ones are on television but everyone knows that's make believe. I know some donate their services to rural and 3rd world countries but they make up for it once they come back.
10-21-2019 03:37 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(10-21-2019 03:37 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  
(10-21-2019 03:30 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini...rug-prices

...and the crooked doctors that get money under the table for prescribing them. Everyone has to get paid.

The time when doctors were really care givers has gone the way of the horse drawn buggy. Now, it's all about the Benjamins. I don't like doctors they are as crooked as politicians. The only good ones are on television but everyone knows that's make believe. I know some donate their services to rural and 3rd world countries but they make up for it once they come back.

my BIL is an ENT.....and a I have a few 'docs in the poc'...that's all I'm gonna say (read between the lines)

#boomerSheeple

...and you're on of 'em....so are my parents....

it never ceases to amaze how the decrepit succumb to 'illness' and the 'witch docs'....

/sarc
10-21-2019 09:42 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC

I've known more than a few pharmaceutical reps. Most are young pretty women and they are expected to go above and beyond to make sales quotas so its even worse than the Dr.'s simply wanting payola for prescriptions.

The bottom line here guys is that the pharmaceutical industry sells their wares everywhere else at discounted prices and rape the American public. Why? Because they control Congress through lobby money, with the exception of a few who rode in with Trump. This is the only approach to healthcare that is needed. They should sell drugs in the U.S. as cheaply as they do in Canada. If patients want an experimental in an attempt to save their lives the FDA should permit it, after all it is the life of the desperate patient at stake and they will sign waivers against lawsuits for the hope of a cure.

We keep people alive as long as there is insurance to soak, and inheritance to be drained, and real property to be mortgaged. And then suddenly it will be explained to the patient (when they are broke) that everything that could have been done has been done and that's true. They've done everything they can to drain them of all assets and they aren't going to do anything else because they know the patient can't pay for it.

The AFA wanted to do away with treatments beyond certain ages. Obama's solution was let the old die and it'll save the country and more importantly insurance companies money.

Cap malpractice claims and you reduce health care costs. Cap drug prices and you reduce health care costs. Set limits for insurance payouts for each procedure and you reduce health care costs. Close Washington to health care lobbyists and you reduce health care costs. Remind all companies out there just how much free research they get out of our Universities via Federal Grants and threaten to charge them back for what they glean from that and you'll get reduced health care costs.

Everyone should be able to choose what treatment they want if their life is at stake. For all routine curable injuries and illnesses flat fees should be established.

And the cost of medical college should be offset as part of public service. If Drs. didn't start their careers half a million in debt they might take a much more humane and grateful approach to their practice. And that too would reduce the cost of healthcare.

It's a mess but the best way out of it is management, not some bare bones expensive but practically useless socialized system.

Oh and while I'm getting in my rib kicking, it is not lost on me that the opioid crisis corresponds with our time spent guarding Poppy Fields in Afghanistan. I still remember that ploy from the Golden Triangle.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019 10:48 PM by JRsec.)
10-21-2019 10:45 PM
stinkfist Offline

(10-21-2019 10:45 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

I've known more than a few pharmaceutical reps. Most are young pretty women and they are expected to go above and beyond to make sales quotas so its even worse than the Dr.'s simply wanting payola for prescriptions.

The bottom line here guys is that the pharmaceutical industry sells their wares everywhere else at discounted prices and rape the American public. Why? Because they control Congress through lobby money, with the exception of a few who rode in with Trump. This is the only approach to healthcare that is needed. They should sell drugs in the U.S. as cheaply as they do in Canada. If patients want an experimental in an attempt to save their lives the FDA should permit it, after all it is the life of the desperate patient at stake and they will sign waivers against lawsuits for the hope of a cure.

We keep people alive as long as there is insurance to soak, and inheritance to be drained, and real property to be mortgaged. And then suddenly it will be explained to the patient (when they are broke) that everything that could have been done has been done and that's true. They've done everything they can to drain them of all assets and they aren't going to do anything else because they know the patient can't pay for it.

The AFA wanted to do away with treatments beyond certain ages. Obama's solution was let the old die and it'll save the country and more importantly insurance companies money.

Cap malpractice claims and you reduce health care costs. Cap drug prices and you reduce health care costs. Set limits for insurance payouts for each procedure and you reduce health care costs. Close Washington to health care lobbyists and you reduce health care costs. Remind all companies out there just how much free research they get out of our Universities via Federal Grants and threaten to charge them back for what they glean from that and you'll get reduced health care costs.

Everyone should be able to choose what treatment they want if their life is at stake. For all routine curable injuries and illnesses flat fees should be established.

And the cost of medical college should be offset as part of public service. If Drs. didn't start their careers half a million in debt they might take a much more humane and grateful approach to their practice. And that too would reduce the cost of healthcare.

It's a mess but the best way out of it is management, not some bare bones expensive but practically useless socialized system.

let's dig a little deeper....

I once opined to folk, "watch how the commercials begin to strip the first layer from the boomers and their offspring" - 30 fk'n yrs. ago that was....

talk about 'fruition realization"

you guys are nothing but 'numbers absorbed' via mr. WashTub and the lobbyists....

that's your legacy....

we knew it would happen long ago....
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019 10:53 PM by stinkfist.)
10-21-2019 10:51 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

Oh and while I'm getting in my rib kicking, it is not lost on me that the opioid crisis corresponds with our time spent guarding Poppy Fields in Afghanistan. I still remember that ploy from the Golden Triangle.

okay....that's scary how we wrote the same and the 'sane' time.... 03-wink
10-21-2019 10:54 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(10-21-2019 10:54 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

It was in the 80's that the white collar mafia started investing in Hospitals (hence HMO's arose), Nursing Homes, and Funeral Parlors. They wanted to position themselves to glean as much as possible from the passing WWII generation, and then the Boomers and their drive from the corporate level toward socialism began with the desire to dispossess the WWII & Boomer generations so that their offspring inherited precious little.

The mortgage crisis in 2007-8 with those crooked derivatives set them back a tad, but gave birth to the ACA as a means of bailing out insurance companies that covered the LIBOR meltdown with liquidity. Folks don't realize it but its the insurance companies that best vested enterprises, not the banks.

The legislation setting requirements for vaults (to stop formaldehyde contamination of ground water), HIPAA laws permitting a myriad of new charges, insurance regulations that established the bogus system of negotiating benefits based on a % of charges which drove up Dr's fees so the insurance companies could charge more on rates and the Dr's could get what they wanted, and that dirtiest of details which was a law that said if you didn't charge the uninsured the same rate for services as the insured it was fraud which kept Dr's and Hospitals from billing less to the uninsured, none of the big rate increases would have been possible.

Hell it costs as much for funeral today as it does to buy an efficiency car. I've considered telling my wife to bury me in damned KIA! At least it would mean something (Killed in Action).

So yeah we've been soaked and have seen it coming for 30 years plus. Now we are all playing with funny money anyway.

But rest assured the agenda to drive us towards socialism has been in play at many levels these past several decades, from soaking inheritances, to increasing deliberately the inflation for the costs of end of life, to teaching our kids to suckle at the teat of the Fed Government, to importing the votes of the desolate to disenfranchise the middle class, and none of it is a damned accident!
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019 11:45 PM by JRsec.)
10-21-2019 11:37 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(10-21-2019 11:37 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

It was in the 80's that the white collar mafia started investing in Hospitals (hence HMO's arose), Nursing Homes, and Funeral Parlors. They wanted to position themselves to glean as much as possible from the passing WWII generation, and then the Boomers and their desire and drive from the corporate level toward socialism began with the desire to dispossess the WWII & Boomer generations so that their offspring inherited precious little.

The mortgage crisis in 2007-8 with those crooked derivatives set them back a tad, but gave birth to the ACA as a means of bailing out insurance companies that covered the LIBOR meltdown with liquidity. Folks don't realize it but its the insurance companies that best vested enterprises, not the banks.

The legislation setting requirements for vaults (to stop formaldehyde contamination of ground water), HIPAA laws permitting a myriad of new charges, insurance regulations that established the bogus system of negotiating benefits based on a % of charges which drove up Dr's fees so the insurance companies could charge more on rates and the Dr's could get what they wanted, and that dirtiest of details which was a law that said if you didn't charge the uninsured the same rate for services as the insured it was fraud which kept Dr's and Hospitals from billing less to the uninsured, none of the big rate increases would have been possible.

Hell it costs as much for funeral today as it does to buy an efficiency car. I've considered telling my wife to bury me in damned KIA! At least it would mean something (Killed in Action).

So yeah we've been soaked and have seen it coming for 30 years plus. Now we are all playing with funny money anyway.

But rest assured the agenda to drive us towards socialism has been in play at many levels these past several decades, from soaking inheritances, to increasing deliberately the inflation for the costs of end of life, to teaching our kids to suckle at the teat of the Fed Government, to importing the votes of the desolate to disenfranchise the middle class, and none of it is a damned accident!

tort reform, insurance culpability, lobbyist reform, term limits, pick your fk'n poison....

#longOverdue

#neverHappen

it's destined to implode....at this point, I can only hope for....

#Costa

edti: yeah, that's me being selfish for a change
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019 11:46 PM by stinkfist.)
10-21-2019 11:45 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(10-21-2019 11:45 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(10-21-2019 03:37 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  ...and the crooked doctors that get money under the table for prescribing them. Everyone has to get paid.

It was in the 80's that the white collar mafia started investing in Hospitals (hence HMO's arose), Nursing Homes, and Funeral Parlors. They wanted to position themselves to glean as much as possible from the passing WWII generation, and then the Boomers and their desire and drive from the corporate level toward socialism began with the desire to dispossess the WWII & Boomer generations so that their offspring inherited precious little.

tort reform, insurance culpability, lobbyist reform, term limits, pick your fk'n poison....

#longOverdue

#neverHappen

#Costa

You'll need something tangible and sought after. Gold, silver, palladium, copper (which needs to line your home), and for God's sake go Crypt before you ever go Krypto! Those poor fools buying bitcoin got nothin'! Oh and I left out blue or stainless steel with a collection of lead. That & some good antibiotics and a closet fulll of MRE's will get you started.04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019 11:52 PM by JRsec.)
10-21-2019 11:51 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(10-21-2019 11:51 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(10-21-2019 11:45 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(10-21-2019 10:45 PM)JRsec Wrote:  I've known more than a few pharmaceutical reps. Most are young pretty women and they are expected to go above and beyond to make sales quotas so its even worse than the Dr.'s simply wanting payola for prescriptions.

#longOverdue

#neverHappen

#Costa

You'll need something tangible and sought after. Gold, silver, palladium, copper (which needs to line your home), and for God's sake go Crypt before you ever go Krypto! Those poor fools buying bitcoin got nothin'! Oh and I left out blue or stainless steel with a collection of lead. That & some good antibiotics and a closet fulll of MRE's will get you started.04-cheers

lol....I'm all about tangible assets today and moving forward....H2O as well...me gold and me guns will always be by the side...

however, I'm still kicking myself for not buying bitcoin for shites and gigs when it's ugly head popped out....I'd be in #Costa right now if I had simply plunked down a benjamin....those darn woulda, coulda, shoulda's, eh???

04-cheers
10-22-2019 04:50 AM
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

I’d be interested to meet those doctors because I prescribe a hell of a lot more meds than the docs I work for and I’m not getting any kickbacks.
10-22-2019 07:14 AM
stinkfist Offline

(10-22-2019 07:14 AM)dfarr Wrote:  

I’d be interested to meet those doctors because I prescribe a hell of a lot more meds than the docs I work for and I’m not getting any kickbacks.

I'm pretty certain his ref was about how 'it' drives the bus to the script....

FREE REIGN WITHIN THE GERIATRIC
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019 07:35 AM by stinkfist.)
10-22-2019 07:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.