Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Week/DAY: @TOL
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Game Week/DAY: @TOL
Just waking up.

It is raining in D.C. (a rarity these days) and I'm 'singing' "This is How We Do It.'

Folks in Ypsilanti, Urbana (IL), and Houston might have sung that song last night. [Oh, the kids at Illinois must have partied on and on yesterday afternoon, evening, and now morning.]

Anyway, next up is the Rockets who have failed to get off the launch pad the last two weeks.

Now the poor Rockets don't know if they have to prepare for Glass or Hutchinson...
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2019 06:04 AM by emu steve.)
10-20-2019 05:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fanfrompowellspub Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU
RE: Game Week: @TOL
No one feel sorry for Toledo. Does anyone remember if it was 2004, and 2005 when they gave us edited film without their fake punts in it and then ran them against us in a close game? Our interim President (Willis) called for a forfeit but the MAC protected their brand. Also Toledo's players for many years were involved in a illegal point shaving scam which ended because the players said they could "win everygame" and kept losing. they are burn outs, that is not even talking about 2017 refs.
10-20-2019 06:05 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Friends,
Well, some of the Toledo fans are already feeling their oats about the upcoming game with Eastern. In my opinion, this is our chance to beat them two years in a row. Even with the game being played there.
10-20-2019 11:13 AM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

Game Week: @TOL
EMU must run the table and get help to get to Detroit.
10-20-2019 11:17 AM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

If you turned the current MAC West standings absolutely upside down, I am certain that would closely resemble most prognosticator preseason picks. Kent St on top of the East as well is an incredible surprise. Fun conference this season for sure.

I watched a lot of the Ball St-Toledo game and it was very lopsided. Ball St had total control, in one case they had a TD called back for a holding penalty, no problem, two plays later they were back in the end zone. They are the favorites at this point but I don't see a real cupcake left for them on the schedule. My guess is that the MAC West representative in Detroit will have 2 losses, just like last year.
10-20-2019 02:35 PM
EAGLE KING Offline
1st String

Anyone know where the visiting/parents/ family section is at the glass bowl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-20-2019 03:47 PM
Advertisement

Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(10-20-2019 11:13 AM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Friends,
Well, some of the Toledo fans are already feeling their oats about the upcoming game with Eastern. In my opinion, this is our chance to beat them two years in a row. Even with the game being played there.

Ken I agree. Toledo is indeed historically the MAC blue blood program, but there seems to be trouble in Glass City. Their very good QB was MIA but if you want to watch a replay of a total mismatch this weekend, you have a choice OSU vs Northwestern or BSU vs Toledo. Toledo got steamrolled plain and simple, scoring their last touchdown with 35 seconds on the clock.

This is now an elimination game for the division championship and one we can win.
10-20-2019 05:44 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

Ever notice that the fanbase of every school EMU beats wants to fire their coach? The UT folks already seem down on Candle. If EMU can get a win then those folks will be freaking out.
10-20-2019 06:23 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(10-20-2019 06:23 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  Ever notice that the fanbase of every school EMU beats wants to fire their coach? The UT folks already seem down on Candle. If EMU can get a win then those folks will be freaking out.

Absolutely not. The damage has been done. A Rocket loss to EMU would be meaningless at this juncture. Attendance will drop in the GB. You can see fan interest in any possible Bowl game has greatly diminished. The majority of this staff, if not all, need to go. It probably the only thing that will recharge the
fan base. Things have gotten too comfortable.
Can't wait too long(another season) to make changes.
10-20-2019 07:05 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(10-20-2019 07:05 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(10-20-2019 06:23 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  Ever notice that the fanbase of every school EMU beats wants to fire their coach? The UT folks already seem down on Candle. If EMU can get a win then those folks will be freaking out.

Absolutely not. The damage has been done. A Rocket loss to EMU would be meaningless at this juncture. Attendance will drop in the GB. You can see fan interest in any possible Bowl game has greatly diminished. The majority of this staff, if not all, need to go. It probably the only thing that will recharge the

Candle in my mind is an impressive coach. Are you proposing to rehire Amstutz or someone of that ilk?
10-20-2019 07:19 PM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(10-20-2019 07:19 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  

Candle in my mind is an impressive coach. Are you proposing to rehire Amstutz or someone of that ilk?

Discipline and adhering to basic fundamental football skills has regressed under Jason Candle to an Amstutz-like level...
Not good moving forward, along with possible team discord...
10-20-2019 07:45 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

10/26 3:30 PM
119 Eastern Michigan
120 Toledo

58u-10
-6 -10

Time-change to 03:30pm EDT | EMU-QB-Mike Glass III-? | TOL-QB-Mitchell Guadagni-?

TOL is favored by about 6 or 6 1/2 points. Ov/Un is 58. [Or TOL 32 EMU 26.]

Vegas noting that both starting QBs are uncertain.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019 04:50 AM by emu steve.)
10-21-2019 04:41 AM
dansplaining Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU - DCFC
i'm not sure you fire a coach if your starting qb is injured - but i also tend to be pretty forgiving when it comes to coaching changes.
10-21-2019 06:31 AM
SylRocketFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Toledo
(10-21-2019 04:41 AM)emu steve Wrote:  10/26 3:30 PM
119 Eastern Michigan
120 Toledo

58u-10
-6 -10

Time-change to 03:30pm EDT | EMU-QB-Mike Glass III-? | TOL-QB-Mitchell Guadagni-?

These are extremely early lines and a number is not posted in most books yet. Creighton has made you guys into a solid team with good fundamentals year in and year out. Eastern should be favored when the number becomes more publicly available and EMU will most likely win handily. If they do come out as a dog, the only thing that would make me hesitant to not just take them straight up is that Toledo has been decent at home.

Candle is regressing rapidly (11-3 in 2017, 7-6 in 2018) and I think we miss a bowl game this year. The offense is terrible namely due to poor play from the O-line. The D-line is not much better thus far. He has constantly focused on flashy window dressing and overly complicated schemes on offense at the hindrance of good, fundamental play. This is exactly the opposite of what I have seen from the good EMU squads of late which is why I am thinking it is a win for the Eagles.
10-21-2019 09:57 AM
SylRocketFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Toledo
(10-20-2019 07:19 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  

Definitely not proposing that. As someone eluded too earlier, we had some dark years that no Toledo fan is proud of under Amstutz's tenure. Not sure about the whole tape thing but if that is true, it would have occurred under him as well. He needed to go. The team on the field is awful but we can at least hang our hat on the community service, solid academic performance and (when they do win) winning the right way.

I think the biggest bugaboo for most of our fanbase is that Candle continues to hire his buddies and guys he knew from Mount Union. Not to say it is always bad to hire those you are familiar and work well with, but sometimes we need some new blood. The MAC has us figured out by now.
10-21-2019 10:03 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(10-21-2019 09:57 AM)SylRocketFan Wrote:  
(10-21-2019 04:41 AM)emu steve Wrote:  10/26 3:30 PM
119 Eastern Michigan
120 Toledo

58u-10
-6 -10

These are extremely early lines and a number is not posted in most books yet. Creighton has made you guys into a solid team with good fundamentals year in and year out. Eastern should be favored when the number becomes more publicly available and EMU will most likely win handily. If they do come out as a dog, the only thing that would make me hesitant to not just take them straight up is that Toledo has been decent at home.

Candle is regressing rapidly (11-3 in 2017, 7-6 in 2018) and I think we miss a bowl game this year. The offense is terrible namely due to poor play from the O-line. The D-line is not much better thus far. He has constantly focused on flashy window dressing and overly complicated schemes on offense at the hindrance of good, fundamental play. This is exactly the opposite of what I have seen from the good EMU squads of late which is why I am thinking it is a win for the Eagles.

You are correct. Most books did not put up a line with both starting QBs medical question marks.

They have put up numbers now and the odds against EMU have come down.

I would assume it means that those looking at EMU feel comfortable that either Glass or Hutchinson will be at the helm and not a reason for concern while the TOL QB is still ????

https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo...las-vegas/
10-22-2019 10:17 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I want to make a comment on this post by a Rocket poster:

"Candle is regressing rapidly (11-3 in 2017, 7-6 in 2018) and I think we miss a bowl game this year. "

I have my 'rule' about evaluating new/replacement coaches: When a successful coach leaves and the new one takes over it is possible for the new guy to win 1 or 2 years with the fmr. coach's recruits.

However, starting year #3 enough of the new coach's recruits are in the program that it is becoming 'his program.'

Is Candle having trouble recruiting or with Xs and Os or both?????
10-22-2019 10:20 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

10-22-2019 10:30 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(10-22-2019 10:20 AM)emu steve Wrote:  I want to make a comment on this post by a Rocket poster:

"Candle is regressing rapidly (11-3 in 2017, 7-6 in 2018) and I think we miss a bowl game this year. "

I have my 'rule' about evaluating new/replacement coaches: When a successful coach leaves and the new one takes over it is possible for the new guy to win 1 or 2 years with the fmr. coach's recruits.

However, starting year #3 enough of the new coach's recruits are in the program that it is becoming 'his program.'

Recruiting is not the problem as much needing to
replace a couple of assistants that aren't getting the job done. Rocket fans have known this, but Candle didn't make the needed staff changes last season. Instead he opted for just tweeking some things.
Coach basically said firing staff was easier
than trying to fix things.
Rockets' talent have covered up shortcomings the past few season. This year, there is a greater need for solid fundamentals, which are lacking.
At QB, Mitch's running ability, helped to cover up for an inadequate OL that already lost its starting Center(team's best lineman). Without this other teams focus on the Rocket run game and make Toledo pass the FB. Stop the run game and you've got the opponent's Offense on the field all day.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019 01:58 PM by Boca Rocket.)
10-22-2019 11:10 AM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(10-22-2019 11:10 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(10-22-2019 10:20 AM)emu steve Wrote:  I want to make a comment on this post by a Rocket poster:

Recruiting is not the problem as much needing to
replace a couple of assistants that aren't getting the job done. Rocket fans have known this, but Candle didn't make the needed staff changes last season. Instead he opted for just tweeking some things.
Coach basically said firing staff was easier
than trying to fix things.
Rockets' talent have covered up shortcomings the past few season. This year, there is a greater need for solid fundamentals, which are lacking.
At QB, Mitch's running ability, helped to cover up for an inadequate OL that already lost its starting Center(team's best lineman). Without this other teams focus on the Rocket run game and make Toledo pass the FB. Stop the run game and you've got the opponent's Offense on the field all day.

Gosh Toledo is in last place, exactly where I expected them to me. LOL! They consistently recruit the best athletes in the MAC, pay top dollar to their coach and equate a .500 season as a total failure.

Mike Glass torched them in the first half last year at the Factory, we were up 28-3. Then he got hurt and we "cruised" to an easy victory when we knocked down a two point conversion pass attempt late in the game. They played Kentucky tough and beat BYU and Colorado St as well with their existing problems. Yes Ball St absolutely kicked their ass but beating them at the Glass Bowl is not going to be easy.
10-22-2019 06:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.