Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

****W8: Charlotte (2-4) @ WKU (4-1), 4:00, ESPN+****
Bookmark and Share
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Exclamation ****W8: Charlotte (2-4) @ WKU (4-1), 4:00, ESPN+****
Pretty sure WKU is going to cake walk this one. I pray that I'm wrong but when you can't stop the run or the pass.......

https://www.espn.com/college-football/ga.../401114286

[Image: 07046ffcf02818696aa8c461f0b3a1d577f280f2.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019 07:17 AM by 49RFootballNow.)
10-14-2019 10:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chidave Offline
Special Teams

RE: ****W8: Charlotte (2-4) vs WKU (4-1), 4:00, ESPN+****
I don't see of any way for us to slow the run down, we haven't all year.

WKU fans I am making the trip over, it's my first trip to Bowling Green. One of you mind answering a couple of questions?

-I'm staying on Mel Browning Street, is there a good watering hole near there? Got my dog with me so dog friendly with an outdoor area is a plus but not 100% necessary.

-Is it possible/easy to Uber to the stadium on game day? If not where would you recommend to park?

-Do you guys serve beer in the stadium?

-Any must see sights in Bowling Green?

-Can you get Helton to call 40+ pass plays? We'll still probably get beat but at least that way we'll have a chance of INT on occasion haha
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019 11:18 AM by chidave.)
10-14-2019 11:16 AM
Atlas_Trekk3d Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WKU
(10-14-2019 11:16 AM)chidave Wrote:  I don't see of any way for us to slow the run down, we haven't all year.

WKU fans I am making the trip over, it's my first trip to Bowling Green. One of you mind answering a couple of questions?

-I'm staying on Mel Browning Street, is there a good watering hole near there? Got my dog with me so dog friendly with an outdoor area is a plus but not 100% necessary.

-Is it possible/easy to Uber to the stadium on game day? If not where would you recommend to park?

-Can you get Helton to call 40+ pass plays? We'll still probably get beat but at least that way we'll have a chance of INT on occasion haha

- Not as well versed as others may be on watering holes, but in proximity you Dolphie's and Crossroads (both are part of a hotel but operate on their own). I can't speak to whether they are any good. Doubt they are pet friendly but are within 1 mile of you. Someone else can pipe in if they know.

- There is not a heavy uber presence but it definitely exists and should be a viable option. If not parking within a 1 mile radius of the stadium shouldn't be an issue. The following lots are open for parking "Regents Lot" (corner of Regents & Chestnut), "Kentucky Street Lot" (On Kentucky St.) and "Creason Lot" (you guessed it, on creason).

- Beer is sold in the stadium, at the normally discounted stadium rate. May want to tap into your savings.

- There is the Corvette museum, pretty cool if you haven't been there. Not sure if the UAW strike is effecting it but definitely worth looking. The campus is a very nice campus in terms of aesthetics. There is a lot of grass, and trees compared to some other campuses that I have visited. It may be worth your time to walk through the middle if you are looking to kill time. While it won't be in operation we have the Bowling Green Hot Rods MiLB team and stadium if you have a punch list on visiting semi-pro sports locations. You can also check out Lost River Cave if you like small trails and a more natural attraction. If you are up for it you can check out Mammoth Cave National Park (40 minutes north but definitely worth it if you are enjoy the outdoors and national parks. Another lesser known thing is that Bowling Green has one of the largest Amateur disc golf tournaments in the nation every year. There are 7 + courses in the area if you want to get a round in.

- I'll try to tweet at him if I find the time but not sure it will make it into the game plan.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019 01:14 PM by Atlas_Trekk3d.)
10-14-2019 01:14 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

(10-14-2019 11:16 AM)chidave Wrote:  -I'm staying on Mel Browning Street.

I don't know if you're staying at a hotel or not but if you are they may offer a shuttle to and from the game.
10-14-2019 01:17 PM
Atlas_Trekk3d Offline
Water Engineer

(10-14-2019 01:17 PM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  
(10-14-2019 11:16 AM)chidave Wrote:  -I'm staying on Mel Browning Street.

I don't know if you're staying at a hotel or not but if you are they may offer a shuttle to and from the game.

In that location I doubt it. I'd gladly be wrong because that would be a cool service but I don't see it.
10-14-2019 01:54 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

Word of caution for in coming guest. This weekend is the largest import fall car meet in the country here in Bowling Green, they are expecting over 7k cars which should stay around the race track. But these are mostly younger people which sometimes gets crazy........ don’t judge bowling green on these guys. Lol.
10-14-2019 02:21 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

(10-14-2019 11:16 AM)chidave Wrote:  I don't see of any way for us to slow the run down, we haven't all year.

Wow you staying on the outskirts of BG close to where I went to Middle and High school. Anyway for your dog, Double Dogs would be your best bet for food and drink. Caution to you traffic is horrible Saturday night on Scottsville Road but as an out of towner you don't have much choice as DD is about 4 miles down the street on right...

Its very easy to take uber, me and my buddy do that all the time as you save money on parking and get dropped off at front of stadium.

Must sights depends on when you are coming in, if staying a few days Mammoth Cave and Corvette Museum.....Helton is going to want to run the ball and chew up clock, that has been very successful for us last few games...

WKU serves beer inside stadium..

Pretty sure WKU has hit every under this season minus UofL game...

I am coming down with my daughter from Lexington for first game this season(went to UofL games in Nashvegas) after my sons cross country race, Looking forward to being there!
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019 02:40 PM by WKUFan518.)
10-14-2019 02:37 PM
WKU Topper Offline
Water Engineer

Your best bet for great food, incredible beer selection, and also is extremely dog friendly, is where else, but Double Dogs. They have about a dozen outdoor tables, and they will bring water and treats for your pup. It's not far from where you are staying on Scottsville Rd.
Double Dogs

Smokey Bones and Mister B's are also dog friendly. These are both on Scottsville Rd. too.
Mister B's

Must see sights while in Bowling Green.... I would recommend go to Nashville. Just kidding. Mammoth Cave, is probably the top attraction about 30 minute drive north of where you are staying. Right in town, as already mentioned is Lost River Cave, Corvette museum, and if you are into trains there is a train museum. Chaney's Dairy barn is a local favorite or you could just hang out for a bit on Fountain Square in the center of town. Both of these are dog friendly too.

I would also recommend White Squirrel Brewery. Great beer and decent food. They have outdoor seating as well although I'm not sure about dogs. You could call ahead and see. White Squirrel Brewery

Having been to UNCC's campus I think it is by far the prettier campus of the two. Much greener than WKU. I mean you have a friggin botanical garden on campus. Having said that, a walk around the top of the "hill" on campus shouldn't be missed. It has some amazing views, especially this time of year.
10-14-2019 02:51 PM
chidave Offline
Special Teams

Thanks so much all for the suggestions, looks like Double Dogs will be a nice spot for us one night and cool to see so many options for my good girl. Hope we can keep it competitive during the game, but we're averaging giving up 5.5 ypc so your strength plays right into our biggest weakness.
10-14-2019 03:38 PM
jaminniner Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Charlotte
(10-14-2019 02:51 PM)WKU Topper Wrote:  

Your best bet for great food, incredible beer selection, and also is extremely dog friendly, is where else, but Double Dogs. They have about a dozen outdoor tables, and they will bring water and treats for your pup. It's not far from where you are staying on Scottsville Rd.
Double Dogs

Smokey Bones and Mister B's are also dog friendly. These are both on Scottsville Rd. too.
Mister B's

Must see sights while in Bowling Green.... I would recommend go to Nashville. Just kidding. Mammoth Cave, is probably the top attraction about 30 minute drive north of where you are staying. Right in town, as already mentioned is Lost River Cave, Corvette museum, and if you are into trains there is a train museum. Chaney's Dairy barn is a local favorite or you could just hang out for a bit on Fountain Square in the center of town. Both of these are dog friendly too.

I would also recommend White Squirrel Brewery. Great beer and decent food. They have outdoor seating as well although I'm not sure about dogs. You could call ahead and see. White Squirrel Brewery

Having been to UNCC's campus I think it is by far the prettier campus of the two. Much greener than WKU. I mean you have a friggin botanical garden on campus. Having said that, a walk around the top of the "hill" on campus shouldn't be missed. It has some amazing views, especially this time of year.

Any other food recommendations in the Bowling Green area? We are visiting from Charlotte and not bringing our dog.
10-14-2019 03:40 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(10-14-2019 03:40 PM)jaminniner Wrote:  

Double Dogs

Mister B's

Any other food recommendations in the Bowling Green area? We are visiting from Charlotte and not bringing our dog.

What’s your flavor, Bowling Green has a ton of choices
10-14-2019 04:07 PM
Advertisement

jaminniner Offline
2nd String

(10-14-2019 04:07 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  

Double Dogs

Mister B's

I would prefer to checkout a place that is unique to the area.
10-14-2019 04:34 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(10-14-2019 04:34 PM)jaminniner Wrote:  

Double Dogs

Mister B's

Double Dogs is a all around great place to eat
Also...
Lost River Pizza ... it’s a different style then most are used to.. more authentic style food
ShoGun Bistro Japanese steakhouse.... very good but a little pricey
Mariah’s which is downtown Bowling Green , it’s not a sports atmosphere, it’s more refined
Hilligans ... it’s just off campus
Novo Dolce.... about a mile from WKU and has good food
Montana Grill ... kinda like a private owned Applebee’s type place

Roosters.. it’s close to most of the Hotels and it’s a neat sports restaurant

The list could keep on going , but these are some I often visit
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019 06:52 PM by wkuhilltopperfan.)
10-14-2019 06:47 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

clt asks if you have a Wendy’s
10-14-2019 06:57 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(10-14-2019 06:57 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt asks if you have a Wendy’s

Yes sir ....3-4 of them
10-14-2019 08:03 PM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
(10-14-2019 06:57 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt asks if you have a Wendy’s

There are five Wendy's in Bowling Green, Warren County. Four in Bowling Green and one in Smith's Grove. 04-cheers

Now, if you're looking for some good grub, we have 8 McDonald's in the area. 02-13-banana02-13-banana

We only have four Hardees tho
10-14-2019 08:15 PM
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

Had this game penciled in as a W at the start of the season, especially after week one. Other then the Central Arkansas game, your new coach has done a great job. I don't see us winning this one.
10-14-2019 08:21 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

clt is impressed
10-15-2019 05:29 AM
Shadow_Son Offline
Special Teams

(10-14-2019 04:34 PM)jaminniner Wrote:  

Double Dogs

Mister B's

White Squirrel Brewery
643 Sports Bar and Grill
Gerard's Tavern
Hickory and Oak
Steamer Seafood
440 Main
Montana Grille
Mariah's

All unique to Bowling Green and all good food. Best atmosphere and cold beer you can find will be at Double Dogs though.
10-15-2019 09:27 AM
Nugget49er Offline
1st String

Having been to both I can definitely endorse both the Corvette Museum and Mammoth Cave. Unfortunately the Corvette factory is currently undergoing updates and is not open for tours, which is too bad because that is a great one. I think if you only have time for one, go to Mammoth Cave. Next time you go to WKU make it a Corvette day and plan to see the factory and museum tours, as they are across the interstate from each other.[/align]
10-15-2019 10:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.